PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:38 AM   #1  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Question Cover Up ... Any suggestions?!

Hey ladies!

I'm looking for some foundation (liquid, powder, both) that will cover the dark spots on my chin from the hair. Plus just some good foundation To give me that nice smooth look.

Help!

Thank you
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:06 PM   #2  
resident lactivist

Foundation is the one I splurge on--I buy mine from Clinique. It's really not that expensive, around $20 a bottle (I don't bother with it most of the time, so it lasts me a while). I'm not sure if they still do, but they used to have a concealer/foundation combo in stick form. Stuff was good...
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:25 PM   #3  

Momma, good suggestion. I've never heard of that makeup by Clinique, but I googled it and it looked good; said it offers full, buildable coverage. I used to use Clinique Continuous Coverage, but don't know if they make that anymore.

One I like and use is mineral makeup. Some have more coverage than others, so you have to experiment. The two I use with buildable, full coverage is L'oreal Bare Minerals foundation and also BareMinerals Foundation by Bare Escentuals.

I suggest you google foundation+full coverage, and that will take you to all sorts of good coverage foundations.
Joycelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #4  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

Height: 5'5"

If your hair isn't that bad, I recommend plucking instead of shaving. I would say I have a couple hundred hairs or so, so it is a task, but the results are worth it. Also if you are not already taking Spironolactone, start. It doesn't help with everyone's facial hair, but it took mine from where I HAD to shave to an onerous but reasonable level of plucking. Even if it doesn't reduce the actual number of hairs, it will certainly make them grow in slower.

Also, you may want to try this homemade bleach on hairs that are visible but fine: pioneerthinking.com/bodyhair.html
I haven't tried it yet, as I haven't run out of my last tub of Joleen, but it has very good reviews.

The reason this is worth it to me, is because I hate foundation. It breaks me out, even if I use the expensive stuff, and I can still see the hairs under even a very thick layer, so I am sure other people can too. Of course, I have very pale skin, and black facial hair, so the contrast is probably a factor here.
eratosthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:08 AM   #5  
HE'S my motivation!

Momma - I hear Clinique is good. I'll have to check that out at my local Sephora / Macys. Hmmm thanks

Joycelyn - I currently use Bare Essetials bare minerals. It doesn't do the trick for me. So I want to find something else before I run out.

Eratosthanes - I am TTC so I can't take that. My dr said if I wasn't then she would recommend that. I was using Vaniqa but that was getting very expensive since my insurance doesn't cover that. I try and pluck as much as I can but there is soooooo much hair that I get frustrated so I shave it. It sucks!!
Old 02-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #6  
eratosthanes

I'm sorry, I don't know what TTC means...

I understand about the plucking. I used to just pluck my upper-lip and actual chin, and shave underneath and my cheeks, but luckily the Spironolactone really helped. I am sorry you can't take it.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #7  

Nico, I just called the Clinique counter at my local Macys and they still carry Continuous Coverage makeup. I promise you, this will cover like nothing else does. It is fabulous. In fact I think when I run out of my foundation I will start using it again.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #8  
eratosthanes

Lol, I just figured out what TTC means, and Good Luck! May you have as many little feet as you can stand!

Personally, I don't want to pass on my genes, and neither does my bf, but we will adopt or care for foster kids as soon as we can afford to.

Seriously, good luck!
Old 02-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #9  
HE'S my motivation!

Eratosthanes - LOL Thank you!!! I would love to have 4 kids he only wants 2. I hope that if I can only get pregnant once it's with twins (He is a twin). One shot - two kids - done! LOL I also think it is great that you want to adopt kids. So many out there in need if a home. That is awesome. Good luck with that as well.

Joycelyn - You said it's a stick?! What does it look like? I will def. Try that. Hope they can help me find my shade and go from there. Thank you! Thank you!
Old 02-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #10  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey I just wanted to add that you can wax facial hair it makes your skin smooth and grows back slower. I wax my upper lip.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #11  

Nico, Continuous Coverage by Clinique comes in a tube. It's creamy and thick and you squeeze it out of a tube. Trust me, it will cover ANYTHING, and it has for me.

Dermatologists recommend it after facial surgery, that's how good it is.

I got so caught up in the mineral makeup mania these past few years that I honestly forgot how good Clinique Continuous Coverage was until I logged into this thread.

If you into the Clinique website and search for the product, it will bring up a tube of it and some info on it, along with the different shades available.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #12  

p.s. I live in Southern California, and the last week in March Macy's Clinique counter is offering a "gift with purchase." These gifts used to be really great (like I said, I haven't bought the makeup in a while). They give you samples of Clinique freebies along with your purchase. I notice by your pic you live in CA too. Please call your local Macys and get the Clinique cosmetics counter. Then ask when their next "gift with purchase" is on. Maybe it's the same as in my area.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:52 AM   #13  
HE'S my motivation!

Sun - I wax my lips and eyebrows also. I wanted to find out about threading. With waxing the hair has to be a certain length. I wonder if it's the same with Threading.

Joycelyn - I am going to check out the website. I live in the bay area. The mall across the street from my house has a Macys so I will call THANK YOU!! Is the whole Clinique line good? Have you tried other products?? My friend was the one who told me about Bare Essentials. It works in the morning but throughout the day it starts coming off. By the end of the night (I work 10+ hours) you can see everything on my face. Ugh! I hate it. I will try Clinique. Have you been to Sephora?! I love their eye shadows and they have different brands as well. Oh and that Mineral stuff got all over my makeup box so it's all ruined. :-/ I have to clean it - again. Bleh!

Last edited by Nicoyaangel; 02-16-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #14  
eratosthanes

Oh! Threading sounds great (I just looked it up online). I also found something called Super Stick (threading-hair-removal.com) which claims to act on the same principle. If anyone tries it, let me know! (heck, I may try it first, lol)
Old 02-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #15  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

I suggest using Revlon color stay foundation. I've been using it for months now and it has great coverage. and it lasts long.

Last edited by helwa588; 02-16-2010 at 03:39 PM.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote