Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 10:42 PM   #16  

A pagan dieting forum, how awesome is that! I'm doing WW on my own and have lost 18 pounds since November... I have a ways to go still but I'm moving in the right direction! I'm so glad I found this forum, this one's going in my bookmarks!
Old 01-11-2006, 10:54 PM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome Jane!

I'm doing WW too Congrats on your 18lb loss
Old 01-14-2006, 12:55 PM   #18  
loser ina good way

Jane congradulations on doing so great on your weight loss! Is the internet not great to help us keep the motivation going? I am wondering what everyone's doing for their exercise routine? After watching the biggest loser and seeing how much those people could lose in just 2 weeks and being in different age levels it really pushed me to rev up mine. My problem had always been that something stressful would come up and afer successfully losing 8-10 lbs I would fall on food (comfort eating) now I see it as wanting it to stay off cause it is so hard to lose compared to gain. It is an everyday focus on my goal to stay strong--this time I will succeed! This is the best formun on the internet I have found so far, and it was recommended through another group's member!
Old 01-14-2006, 08:06 PM   #19  

I do pilates, yoga and bellydancing
Old 01-14-2006, 08:53 PM   #20  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Welcome! And some musings....

Welcome Jane!

I love the dollar store - especially for housewares - just cant see spending more than a dollar on something that holds garbage - can you?

This entire website I give a lot of credit to for my success so far -that, and now that I live in the country my friends are all active farm girls that work hard and play hard instead sedentary city girls hooked on Starbucks.

Not that I dont love a good double mocha myself - it is just easier to be active when your friends are -know what I mean?

And this site helps with the - "all my friends are skinny and athetic and have no clue what I am going through" syndrom and it helps me be accountable by fessing up to my weight and the reasons why I get heavy in the first place - (because I am genetically lazy and fight the urge to veg in front of the tv with a bag of chips all day.)

I love the pagan/alternachics thread because if there is magic in this universe capable of helping me acheive and maintain my goals then I want in on it. And the alternachics in general - it is a good place to be when you dont quite fit anywhere else. And I love to be around people that are unique in their own right and we flock together becuase we are different not because we are the same. Sure we all have little things in common - but really it is what makes us different that makes us interesting.

So come in, sit down, take a load off, tell us about your day and feel better about yourself because you are not alone - none of us are.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:54 PM   #21  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

djadecatz,

My exercise routine is a huge part of what keeps my weight under control these days. I bike to work, walk at lunch & do aquacize three days a week. At least when I'm healthy! I'm looking forward to getting back on my bike this week after being sick all last week.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #22  

blag! My Cat woke me up at 4:30 this morning by sticking her face in my face and meowing and brushing up against me - cute, but not at that hour of the morning Needless to say I am at work, tired, crabby and with a major project on the go.

So I'm taking a mental health break for the next 10 minutes and trying to find some inspiration here to get me through the day and banish my grumpiness.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:33 PM   #23  
loser ina good way

Unhappy

Cats just do not understand anyone not wanting to rise with the birds (or when they feel the urge)and that people do not take "catnaps" throughout the day. Mine are kept on the otherside of the bedroom door, otherwise, if ignored when in my bedroom they knock down things to make sure of getting my attention! when I get up the 3 of them are lined up in front of the door waiting for breakfast!

Jade catz
Old 01-19-2006, 08:06 PM   #24  
Have No Mercy--Focus!

Now, this place is cool--a forum with Pagan actually in the name

Hi, I'm Karla and I'm a poundshedding Pagan!
Old 01-19-2006, 09:01 PM   #25  

Jade catz - Mine does this once in a while and I just can't shut her out of the bedroom - she gets distressed and cries at the door even when DH is in the den and she can go sit with him for company.

Welcome to the boards Karla!
Old 01-19-2006, 09:03 PM   #26  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Welcome Karla
Old 01-20-2006, 01:41 AM   #27  
Pending Email Confirmation

heh. good to know i'm not alone with the kitty thing. mine discovered that she can push her body up against the door over and over to sort of knock on it. she isn't allowed to sleep in our room or go in our room - keeps me breathing better... but when i'm alone at home, she will not tolerate me being in the room with the door closed. *LOL* we used to have problems with her whining for food in the mornings and the moment we'd come home from work... we got her an automatic feeder that feeds her twice a day and now we're all happy.
she's the first pet i've had ever and it's so cool. i am really enjoying being a crazy cat girl.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:06 AM   #28  

I thought my cat was the only one to throw things in the middle of the night if he was ignored! He goes in and out the living room window - when he wants in he rings the bell we have hanging there. He has even had other cats in the neighborhood call for him that way
Karla
Old 01-20-2006, 06:37 PM   #29  
The Me I Wanna Be !

S/C/G: 212/200/180

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaG
Now, this place is cool--a forum with Pagan actually in the name

Hi, I'm Karla and I'm a poundshedding Pagan!
I love you !! who woulda thunk it huh? a open community that actualy is pagan friendly !!!

Another one in the mix here
Old 01-21-2006, 09:51 AM   #30  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Ladies! Welcome to the newcomers!

I just had to jump into the conversation about rude cats. I've got nine and most respect my sleeptime (in fact, most sleep with me on or under the bed). However, one of them has been acting so neurotic lately. She wakes up at like 2 or 3 in the morning and goes into each of the bathrooms and screams. When I say scream I mean SCREAM! She's deaf and can't really hear how loud she is, so that's probably why she's so loud. She's always done this occasionally, but lately it's every single night. There's nothing like being awakened in the middle of the night by a wildcat!

Hope everyone is having a good week. See ya later!

Cindy B.
Closed Thread