3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Nutrichicks II!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/82905-nutrichicks-ii.html)

wickedgrl_76 05-04-2006 04:50 PM

Hey Chicks!

Ruben~ Thanks for your cheering. It feels great to have people who are going through the same ups & downs as I am. Atleast I don't feel so alone. I mean, I know I'm not alone 'cause my hubby is my cheering section everyday but he's not struggling with weight. He's actually trying to gain weight 'cause he's so thin. That just annoys me.

Big~ I'm glad I could help with my idea. I'm sure it'll be hard to cut your kids off cold turkey from the treats but if you're going to, give them something a little better for them. It's really important for kids to learn healthier ways when they're young so that they can carry that with them when they get older. Whenever I have my niece(she's 6) for the weekend & I ask her what she wants to eat she always says mcdonalds... taco bell... burger king... white castle. And I tell her that she needs to eat better foods because when she gets older, she's not going to be able to eat that junk & stay skinny. I would never want to see her struggle with weight when she grows up. I know how hard it is, I would never wish that on anyone. So it's easier for them to learn early on so that they can grow up with that.

I'm going out to dinner tonight to celebrate that I'm teh half way mark of my weight loss. I think we're going to the Outback but I'm not worried, I know I'll eat what's right. Have a wonderful night ladies. Talk to you tomorrow.

readyfreddy 05-04-2006 05:07 PM

american- yeah i feel you! thats totally me!

big- you can do it! youre meals sound perfect.

heres my 2 cents about the donuts incident- first of all YEAH FOR MAINTAINING CONTROL!!!! that rules!
second.... baby steps!!! you can make changes your fam wont even know are there!!

first- probably one donut might be okay as an occaisional treat- demanding multiple donuts... not so cool! first- it doesn't even sound like he appreciated the "treat" but just wanted to get as much from you as he could- milk it for what its worth- which is never good! lol okay im done preaching sorry if the advice is not wanted or warranted!

how old is your son?

some "rewards" to consider (which might not be age appropriate...) could be -

ticket to see a movie
choice of family movie rental
new sports gear- ball, raquet, clothes etc if hes into it
video games
tix to go see a concert
tix to a game
new hat
new clothes

these are all biggies... def more than a dozen donuts .... but maybe he can get reward pts or something and save them for something bigger??

if hes over 14... that might not work... if hes older,
car privledges, gas $$, fun $$ etc

hope that helps!!

i stuck to it last night and im going to do it today!!! yay for ns...

heres my sample plan...

bfast-
h20 (1)
granola
skim milk
half bananna

snack
other half bananna
hb egg
h20 (2)

lunch
sweet potatoes mashed (ns entre)
oz cheese
(salad but i dont normally eat it...oops)
h20 (3)

snack
ns dessert- normally they soy chips
h20 (4)

dinner
ns pizza
small orange
zuchinni cooked in a bit of olive oil
h20 (5)

evening... try to drink as much h20 as posisble!

Rocker Chick 05-05-2006 01:12 PM

Hey freddie...thanks for the info...I will try that.

I went to OA last night! I am so glad that I did too! The group was small about 15-20 maybe, all women, all different ages, and sizes. They were all so friendly and it was such a great feeling being with so many people that suffer as I do. The feeling of not being alone anymore is great! The first step is to admit that you're powerless to food. DONE! I am and I'm ready to start helping myself with God's help (my higher power), to surrender all of this baggage I carry around...for example...THE NEED TO CONTROL EVERYONE, AND EVERYTHING!! My life is such a mess and out of control, so I think that may be one reason that I feel this terrible need to do this! Through OA I hoping to recover from the addiction to food, and to maybe even become a better wife, and mother, and all around good person! I will definately be going back! Today is day 4 for me on N/S and I have also been binge free, and have abstained from compulsively overeating! But like they say at OA...one day at a time. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow isn't here yet, so I can only control today. Thanks to all of you for your support, and advice! It's a good thing here! It's so great not being alone!

readyfreddy 05-05-2006 02:26 PM

big- glad you liked the meeting!!! :)

i am thinking of weighing tomorrow. ;) because i have been so good the past couple of days, i can really see my stomach shrinking and im kinda curious. lol. i wont get my hopes up too high- 136 or under would be awesome :) esp with my ahem off plan eating last week. lol.

i guess it depends how i feel tomorrow.

life here is good- sticking to ns- studying.... etc.

i have been having my one treat (a grande starbucks chai nf latte 230 cals....) i call it a fruit and two protiens lol... ie sugar and milk??? it helps me study! lol.

ahh well....

mel- how are you feeling hun?

AmericanWomansong 05-05-2006 04:15 PM

bigfatty, Best of luck to you girl. I was in Alnon for 5 years. The one thing I started to learn (and it is truly an ongoing process) is that "I am not in control of people, places & things". Trust remember to keep your feet on the ground...some 12 step members make it a religion and try to tell you what to think and feel...but they are in the minority. Most are pretty down to earth and fun to be with.

I dropped out since I got burned out...I hosted all the titles (treasurer, coffee person, chair person etc) and I found it did not do much for me anymore. I felt that way for a few years before I finally left.

I got what I needed and shared it. I do not believe that you MUST FOREVER keep going back...but many do believe that.

God is in control and He is our security blanket. That is what I need to remember everyday of my life. +

readyfreddy 05-06-2006 12:12 AM

hey all i heard an interesting commercial

kids saying
"please dad can i have some processed food"
"ill be extra good if i can have some grease"
etc you get the point - diabetes, obesity health warning....

but the message at the end was
"remember your choices affect their chances"

just thought it was interesting re our earlier convo and also for those of us that dont have kids...

OUR choices affect OUR chances

kind of interesting when you think what you put into your mouth (or dont) DOES affect our chances of health problems later in life. its one of those things that i know on one level but sometimes because it doesnt affect my day to day i can ignore it. plus, because its an accumulation thing, its always easy to justify- this one chocolate bar wont give me diabetes after all.....

just my "food" for thought for the day ;)

deesharee 05-06-2006 08:04 AM

Hi
I'm new to this board - I'm Dee and I lost 13 pounds in 5 weeks on this NS plan so far. I love it...the convenience, the support - so far, so good!!! I need to lose 50 more...

Have a great day... Dee

MELODY525 05-06-2006 09:00 AM

:welcome: DEE AND GOOD LUCK. SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE OOF TO A GREAT START TOO!!

BIG~ I THOUGHT OF YOU THIS WEEK WHILE I WAS SHOPPING AND WORKING (NEED SOME EXTRA CASH..LOL) I AM GOING TO SLOW DOWN A BIT AND DO BABY STEPS ALSO. FOR SOME REASON I HAVE BEEN RUSHING MYSELF TO GET IT "ALL TOGETHER" AND IT'S BEEN TOO MUCH. SO THANKS FOR THE REMINDER AND THE LESSON!!! I AM SO GLAD YOU LIKED THE MEETING!! :hyg:

:wave: TO EVERYONE ELSE. I NEED TO GET GOING HERE AS SOMEONE IS MOVING SOME FURNITURE OPUT AND I HAVE ALARMS AND DOORS TO UNLOCK ETC. BEEN A VERY BUSY FEW DAYS AND WEEKEND NOW. MY CHAIRS ARE HERE AND WORKING WONDERFULLY. I WAS OUTSIDE BEST PART OF YESTERDAY. MONDAY IS MALL SHOPPING AND TUESDAY IS WORKING THE ELECTION.
SO BUSIER TIMES ARE COMING UP TOO.
SORRY IF I HAVEN'T BEEN VERY SUPPORTIVE. IT'S HARD TO WORK AND THEN SPARE TIME TYPING. THE ARMS ARE NOT WHAT THEY USED TO BE. I'M TIRED JUST THINKING ABOUT IT ALL!! :rofl: :rofl:
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND.

readyfreddy 05-06-2006 12:11 PM

WELCOME DEE!! :)

mel- take care of yourself! though we miss you, we'll manage ;) your health is more important!

well i weighed today and .... drumroll... i weighed 135.5! woohoo for breaking through the 136 plateau. AND that was after going out to lunch yesterday (i only had half a sandwhich) but THEN my friend only ate half of hers so she was like why don't you take both of our other halves home (she lives out of town) so i did. sigh. because i cant waste food and then i ate them for dinner. so anyways that was after a sandwich and a half of off plan eating. lol

anyways im going to keep sticking to my plan and look forward to weighing on wed and hopefully seeing 134!!!

have a great weekend! :)

Rocker Chick 05-08-2006 10:41 AM

Hey nutrichicks!! The good news is in--I've lost 6 pounds!! yay! Today is actually day number seven, so I should've weighed tomorrow morning then it probably would've been 7 pounds my first week! Does it stay like this, or do you stop losing so much?

wickedgrl_76 05-08-2006 02:01 PM

Good Afternoon Nutrichicks

:welcome3: DEE & congrats on the weight loss. Keep going girl!

Way to go BIG :cheer: :cheer:. I'm so happy for you. Don't you feel great? Unfortunately from now on when you lose it won't be that much each week. It'll be between 1-3lbs a week. The first week you lose water weight & you're shocking your system. As long as you consistantly lose weight every week, you'll see how fast those numbers add up. Keep up the excellent work!

My weigh in is on wednesday & hopefully I'm down atleast 1lb. I have to go for my first fitting for my bridesmaid dress on May 20th & I want to be able to fit into the demo dress. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I'd like to be down 5lbs by then. I think I can do it if I bust my butt. Wish me luck ladies. Have a wonderful day.

Rocker Chick 05-08-2006 06:09 PM

Thanks Wicked! :^: This week has been somewhat of a struggle. I hope it gets easier. As far as not being so hungry and basically just getting into a routine. So that I will be able to not think about it so much.

Here's wishing you lots of luck for you fitting! :crossed: :goodvibes

Rocker Chick 05-08-2006 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubensMuse
:flame: You are burning Wicked!! Great job!!! It is so great to go to the next group of 10's isn't it. Now I have to concentrate on getting out of the 20's.

Big ~ To be honest. I had the most awful urges in the first week. I seemed to want everything I couldn't have. Did you get your free food list?? If you didn't let me know and I will get it too you. That list was MY savior. For my sweet tooth craving I had FF whipped cream with my fruit and a few other things. I made a challenge to myself to stay on plan, but work with what was given to me to fulfill that urge. I don't know if this will help, but hope so.

Ladies my SIL finally got her shippment last night and she will become a Nutrichick on Monday!!!! :carrot:
I am so excited for her! She is giving herself the weekend to prepare and shop and so forth. I had to do that too. I told her I will hit the diet solid and totally on plan with her Monday so she is not alone in this. I've been able to eat off plan some and still lose, but I will keep it strict if it means helping her out. Her only son is getting married in August and she wants to be in better 'shape' before then.

Well I am dying for my Turbo Jam DVD to arrive. It is getting too hot to walk these days and I want to be able to do something indoors. I mean it has been like 2 weeks!!! Where is the thing? They said it shipped. errrr.

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well!!! Later Chickies you are all sooooo awesome, even the cake eaters ;)

Hey Rube,..I don't see a free food list...where'd you get it from?

RubensMuse 05-08-2006 06:54 PM

Big~~~~ WHOOHOO on the Loss!!!! Message me and I will email you the list :)

Welcome Dee!!!! Glad to have you!!

Hey Ya'll!
What a past week and what a weekend. Please don't make me recap as most of it was awful as well as diet destructive (poor eating and no exercise). Let's just say I am back on NS STRICT partly cause I need to and partly as support for my SIL who just started today. I weighed this AM and was sorely disappointed as I saw a gain, but I won't change my ticker until next Monday as I want to treat this like a new beginning and hopefully it will be gone. If not, I will face facts and move the number. I am back to my walking. On thing I learned though ladies, is my stress and emotional state plays havoc on any dieting I have in motion. Food does not motivate me nor do I obsess over it, but I get in this "i just don't care" mode.

Anyway, I am back on track and will be here everyday as this awesome support group definately brings my eyes back into focus.

Thank you ladies!!!!

I hope everyone is doing great and having success!!!

I am also waiting to see if I get a now job I have put in for.

vikki50 05-08-2006 08:02 PM

Welcome Dee!

Congratualations Big, that's a wonderful start

Freedy, whoopeeeeeee!!! You're doing so great!!

Ruben, I have fallen off the wagon too. My boyfriend came down. He brought Filets, Stuffed mushrooms, Grilled shrimp in garlic butter, etc. etc.
He wasn't trying to sabatoge my diet, he is really being supportative, but he just thought I needed a treat, and that his choices were all healthy... LOL
And they wouldn't have been that bad, except I could not control the amount I ate. It just tasted so darn good, I ate everything. I was absolutely miserable. If I could have thrown up I would have.. LOL... I was amazed at how much my stomach had shrunk. I normally would have ate more than I did. I guess that is a good thing, and now I know what it feels like to stuff myself again. I don't like that feeling, so hopefully will remember that and not do it again.
But it has been hard to get back into the swing of it. I was so hungry all day yesterday. But I stuck with the plan, and today I haven't done to bad. I stopped at my moms at lunch, she had just fried chicken, I couldn't resist, I had 1 chicken wing. I'm not sure how many calories, but didn't have my afternoon snack, so hope it won't affect anything.

I just need to concentrate, and get back in the groove.

Hope everyone else is doing great!!

Later