3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Nutrichicks II!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/82905-nutrichicks-ii.html)

wickedgrl_76 05-09-2006 08:31 AM

Good Tuesday morning chicks!

How is everyone doing today? I'm doing pretty good. I started a pilates workout this morning. I've been wanting to add a resistance workout to my routine but I don't really like doing weights. So I picked up one of Mari Windsors dvds. It's from the maximum burn series & it's 2 workouts in 1. There's a standing cadio/pilates one & then there's the basic floor pilates, which is what I wanted to do. I need to tighted my tummy notw that I've lost alot of weight. I tried the workout for the first time this morning & it was pretty good. Some moves were ridiculous but I did my best. I feel so energized.

RUBEN~ Don't worry about what happened last week or weekend. Everyone falls off the wagon but what's important is that you get back on. You can't deny your body whatever it's craving. Today is a brand new day. Keep going!

VIKKI~ I definately would have indulged too if my hubby brought me all those delicious foods. I don't see anything wrong with treating yourself once in a while. About every 3 weeks my hubby & I go to Coldstone Creamery & I get ice cream. If you're working hard, then you should definately treat yourself.

Tomorrow is my weigh in & I need to keep my fingers crossed. I really really hope I'm down atleast 1lb. I'd love it if it was more than that but I'll be happy with 1lbs. Have a wonderful day ladies.

RubensMuse 05-09-2006 10:34 AM

Ahh ladies you are always there with the support :grouphug:
Thanks.

I did real well yesterday, but it was like starting all over. The hunger pangs the cravings...my SIL called me and the first words out of her mouth after she picked up the phone was "I'm hungry" and she repeated it after everything I said. It was funny, but I was right there with her and felt the same thing, though maybe not as bad. She is a quantity eater, like I used to be, but I found that last week more like perpetual grazing on bad stuff. No big amounts at one time, but bad stuff progressively through the week. It was just ugly.

Well I will begin my Turbo Jam today. I will check back in later and let you all know how that went...should be a humorous entry for you all :)

wickedgrl_76 05-09-2006 11:44 AM

RUBEN I'm so glad you're starting Turbo Jam. I started that on the same day as NS & I love it! I lost alot of inches quick, specially around my waist. It's such a fun workout. That's what I alternate with pilates. I'm doing TJ 4-5 times a week & I look forward to it. My sister, who started NS 3 weeks ago, also is doing TJ. When she started NS all I heard was "I'm hungry". The worst part is that where we work (yes we work together too), they're always bringing in cakes & cookies & bagels & candy. And on her 3rd day it was someone's b-day & there was a huge chocolate cake. She kept asking me if she could & I felt like a drill sargeant telling her NO!!! But she thanks me everyday whenever she feels like she's going to be bad & I'm kicking her butt back to reality. Let me know which TJ video you started & how you liked it.

MELODY525 05-10-2006 08:14 AM

:cofdate: GOOD MORNING NUTRICHICKS!!
I WANTED TO SAY HELLO AND HOPE YOU'RE ALL DOING WELL. IT'S BEEN A VERY BUSY FEW DAYS AND THE ELECTION IS OVER. WE WON OF COURSE. :rofl:
NOW IT'S TIME FOR REST AND FOR ME TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF! :dance:
I HAVE ALREADY HEARD FROM ONE DOCTOR AND HE HAS OFFICIALLY ASKED ME TO GET OFF THE NS PLAN AND GO BACK TO THE WAY I WAS EATING BEFORE. THE MICHAEL THURMOND 6 WEEK BODY MAKEOVER DIET PLAN.
THE ROSACEA IS OUT OF CONTROL ON MY FACE AND GOING INTO MY LOWER EYELIDS. SO IT WILL BE GOODBYE FOR NOW. WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR PLANS AND GOALS. :encore:
HAPPY MAY TO YOU ALL!!! :hug:

Rocker Chick 05-10-2006 11:38 AM

Hey Mel, I will be so sad to see you go!:( BEST BEST BEST of luck to you in all that you do girlfriend!!!:hug:

RubensMuse 05-10-2006 11:45 AM

Mel, that doesn't mean you can't stop in though!!! Sheesh we still need you too! But I do hope everything goes great for you wherever you land :hug:

Ok I promised to tell you of my first endeavor of Turbo Jam..... ok lemme get some water.....brb

RubensMuse 05-10-2006 12:11 PM

OK.....
First: Let me start by saying that I like the program as I have watched it and done the Learn and Burn sessions so far. I definately feel the workout and start sweating pretty early into it.

Second: I am about as coordinated as a blind mechanic trying to put in new spark plugs.

Third: I obviously have no latin or african-american genes, as I have the rhythm of a one-legged cricket.

With that out of the way....let me share...

I was dressed in my stylish black capri sweat pants with pink and red piping down each leg. New shoes (New Balance 691's) shining in brilliant white upon my feet. Coffee table slid out of the way exposing a wide area in which to perform whatever acts lovely Chalene was about to put upon me. Pugs, set cozy upon the couch with a treat and toys. They were content.

With mounting excitement, though perhaps with some trepidation, I put the DVD in the player and pressed PLAY. I stood there.

Let me take you ladies into my mind......:idea:
Borderline club music, introductions.....yeah yeah fastforward. Ok here we go Ok....Learning the moves....ok here goes....ok making mental notes. There are 11 moves...ok I can do that one, that one, that one, and that one, ok that one, uh, not that one so much....faster? uh, um.....ok punch, twist, crap I hit the side if the TV cabinet. Gotta back up here. No pug stay there, mommas fine. Ok, side, side, kick CRAP...oh baby mommas sorry. I told you to stay on the couch. Momma does not want to play. Stay. Stay. here's your bone. Stay. Good boy. Ok. kick, kick, wait my belly button goes where? Um Um ok. SLOW DOWN FOR GODS SAKE..punch, twist, knee, row....no baby, stay on the couch. no no both of you back on the couch. Fine, at your own peril pugs. Kick, arms, bounce bounce, ouch my knee...no bounce, weave I can weave and do the modified stuff...ok hair, hair is in my way. Keep going...kick pump, crap I can't keep up with the thing! Uh uh, no no Chalene I am NOT ready...ok, 5 more minutes....ok my butt hurts, no I can't do that slow it burns by rear...crunch crunch, this is cool, shake it baby, man I jiggle alot, how come i can't shake like her?...crunch, shake it god that is an awful feeling, i so have no coordination.....ok NO NO slow DOWN....ok ok ok..ow, uh...ow, ok...good good cool down, ok that is nice...feels good. OK. Alright. Need a rag for this sweat. Ok need water. OOOh there are a few chips left. No NO don't eat those you idiot!.

At this point I plopped on the couch with the pugs and relaxed some. I did enjoy it but man will I need practice.

readyfreddy 05-10-2006 01:51 PM

ruben- lol thanks for the laugh!!!!

big- huge congrats on your loss! awesome 1st week!

mel- sorry to hear you are going- all the best!!! well miss you

vikki and wicked- how are you ladies doin?

sorry im not around much- sooo busy!

i had 2 bad days :( stress eating again boo. but yesterday was perfect and i have the feeling today will be too :) woohoo!!! i have motivation- no more screwing around! im not getting more ns (because the whole point was to get it while i was in school and didnt have time to cook- and ill be done as of may 17th) but i am taking my portion control lessons with me!!! so anyways i wanted to lose 10 lbs on this... and now for the next 2 weeks i have NO excuse!!! im sticking to it... its the home stretch and i think i can meet my goal!

miss you gals- sorry im not around for support as much!!

ill be back after friday!

ps im already half way doen with finals! woo hoo!

Rocker Chick 05-10-2006 03:00 PM

Ruben, oh my gosh! I don't think I've laughed this hard ever!!!! I can relate girlfriend. I haven't done turbo jam, but that sounded like me with the ones I've tried in the past! Way Way too funny!!! Sounds like it worked ya out good though! How long was it?

Hey Freddy! You've been missed! Congrats on getting back with it! You are so close to your goal--YOU CAN DO IT!!!

wickedgrl_76 05-11-2006 09:32 AM

Good Morning Nutrichicks!

MEL~I'm sorry to hear you're going but jut know that we'll be here if you need to chat. Good Luck!

RUBEN~You're funny but I know what you mean. When I first started TJ I was a little uncoordinated also. But after a few days you get the moves down & you start having a blast. I love TJ! I've never sweat so much in my life doing a workout. Keep going & working your butt off (literally) :carrot:

So I've come to the conclusion that I need a new scale. I got on it yesterday morning & it said 158 (which is the same as last week), then to make sure I weighed myself again & I was up 1lb! I put the scale in the kitchen where the floor is the flatest & it went back down to 158. I'm ready to throw it out the window. I got on it this morning & I was 157 so I'll take it. But I will go this weekend & get a good scale. So I've reached the half way to my goal point. I'm excited. I have my next shipment of NS coming next week with the 20lb bear. I can't wait. Have a wonderful day ladies.

Rocker Chick 05-11-2006 10:41 AM

Wicked, that is so great!!! Keep up the good work girlfriend! :carrot:

wickedgrl_76 05-11-2006 03:06 PM

Thanks BIG, I really appreciate the support. I gotta be honest that I've been very emotional during this whole experience. I've spent 8 years of my life being heavy... wasted years. I don't know why I didn't try this sooner. I've tried sooo many different diet & diet pills. I did lose some but I would gain it back very soon after. Because everything failed, I just gave up :cry: . For a long time I kinda accepted that maybe I was just suppose to be heavy. What was I thinking! This is the most weight I've lost in the 8 years that I put the weight on. I get very choked up when I think about it. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful supportive family. I get something nice said to me everyday from my sister or my hubby or my dad. I'm so glad to have them on my side. And now to have found this really great forum with all of your wonderful ladies, it just makes things easier. Specially if I'm having a bad day or bad week I know that I'm not alone. Thank you ladies for all the wonderful support, I really appreciate everything that is said :grouphug:. Now that I made myself sound like a sap, I'm going to go have my afternoon snack. Have a wonderful day.

wickedgrl_76 05-16-2006 08:33 AM

Good Morning Nutrichicks!

How was everyone's Mother's Day & weekend? Mine was ok. The weather wasn't as nice as I wanted it to be but atleast it didn't rain. I ate some stuff that I shouldn't have & yet I lost 1lb. I'm sure I could have lost more if I had stuck to the plan. It's hard when there are piles of empanadas (an argentine dish) just staring at you. I told myself that I would have only 1 but I had 4!!! That's all I ate for lunch & dinner with a little bit of salad. I guess it could have been worse. My sister & I bbq'd for my mom on sunday & we had sooo much food & I didn't eat any of it. Just the empanadas. I hope everyone has a great day.

Rocker Chick 05-16-2006 11:00 AM

Hi wicked! and all! Good to hear that you're still losing wicked, congrats!

Mother's day was good...but way too hot...record high 90s:mad:

I have a question for you all...I weighted today (and yesterday and the day before, even though I know I shouldn't have) but I haven't lost a pound since last tuesday. I have been strict on n/s, not one single cheat. I've been drinking all the water, and exercising at least 5 days. Is this normal?:?:

wickedgrl_76 05-16-2006 11:54 AM

Hi BIG

Speaking from personal experience, yes it is normal that you plateau some weeks. It's happened to me twice that for 2 weeks in a row I stayed the same. You could be gaining muscle or if you're close to TOM. Make sure you drink ALOT of water. Also make sure you measure yourself 'cause just because the scale doesn't move doesn't mean you're not losing inches. Don't always rely on the scale, go by how your clothes are fitting & how you're feeling. Don't worry about it & definately don't get discouraged. Just keep doing what you're doing & you'll see it move. Keep it up :carrot: