Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #76  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I AM GOING TO USE CAPS FROM NOW ON. HAVING SOME EYE ISSUES AND HOPE NO ONE MINDS THEM!

I HAVE STILL BEEN LIKE 95-99% BUT CANNOT SEEM TO GET THAT 100%. BUT IN SPITE OF IT, I TOO ORDERED MY 3RD MONTH OF FOOD LAST NIGHT BEFORE I COULD CHANGE MY MIND. NOT GETTING ON THE SCALE TILL NEXT WEEK WHEN I WEIGH AND MEASURE FOR DR.
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY!!!

RUBEN~ HURRAY FOR THE HUBBY'S INCHES. I HAVE TO FIND OUT WHERE I WROTE MINE IN FEBRUARY!!! ;rofl:
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE WEEKENDS BUT MY WORST TIME IS DURING THE WEEK IF I AM IN THE OFFICE!! GOD WHAT A WIMP I AM SAYING NO!!!
BUT I JUST MIGHT HAVE IT FIGURED OUT THIS TIME. AND ONLY TIME WILL TELL. & :WELCOME: BACK!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:44 AM   #77  
Deb

Hi Nutrichicks!!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while; but work has been crazy and the only time I can get on the boards is when I'm off - luckily I work a four day week so I'm looking forward to a 3 day weekend.

The dinner at the Mexican restaurant went well last Sunday - or at least it sure was good. I wasn't too bad but did enjoy 2 margaritas!!! Oh, well I have learned that we can't be 100% all the time and need to allow ourselves to fall of the wagon occasionally - as long as we get back on the wagon!!

Mel - sorry you are having eye problems - Of course we don't mind if you use ALL CAPS so long as you keep posting. We love hearing from you.

Freddy - WTG with you weight loss It is amazing what a few pounds can do for your self esteem. And it's sooo nice to see that NS is working - right??

Vikki went I started Nutrisystem I also drank alot of coffee - dropped down to just 2 cups a day (in the mornings) and only had a headache for 2 days. So you may feel lousy for a day or so but it will be worth it - Just remember to replace the coffee with MORE WATER!!

ryzmom - gosh what a challenge to sell your house - It has to be one of the most unsettling experiences - Stay strong while you go through this.

Colleen - I also stopped smoking about 18 months ago. It is a great step you are making for yourself. I actually tried about 8 times before it really took but I'm so happy that I didn't give up. Of course, each time I tried to quit I would gain at least 5 lbs; but it was worth it and now it is time to deal with the weight.

Ruben - good luck on your weight in. I'm sure you did fine; but if not you know that you have lost inches and that is progress too!! Keep up the good work!!

I'll weigh in tomorrow and see how I'm done this week - also had a wedding shower that I went to and the food certainly wasn't on plan; but I hope it didn't set me too far back.

Good luck to everyone and I hope everyone has a good weekend. I'm off to go work in my yards - one of my favorite pastimes.

Deb
DebDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:21 AM   #78  

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone- i've had a hard time sticking to the plan these two days since weighin. :-/ lol but i went to the groc store and got some veggies, salad, fruit etc so hopefully i can do better now!

colleen wtg kicking butt!!! good luck and stay strong!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:36 PM   #79  
Buggin' with Pugs

Our new shipment came last night. I finally decided me and The Hub need our own separate orders as he likes some things that I don't, etc. I called NS and they will stagger the orders so we won't have piles of stuff to store. We got the first month and split it in order to see if we liked the food, plan, etc. We have decided that after the 3rd month we are going to start implementing 'regular' food into the plan so that by month 4 we will be ready to go of the NS food. We won't be able to do NS indefinately as it is hard enough financially to swing it for three months. We might still order like a week at a time for 'fill-in' meals when we are rushed etc.

Anyway, I am walking in the mornings now, and supplementing evening walks with The Hub. The Hub is getting home late some nights making it harder to get my full distance in. Mornings are nice and cool, plus I can feed the squirrels in the park while I walk.

As I said yesterday, I had to weigh for the Doc the other day. Well, all that bad eating over the weekend did no damage at all (did I mention I had pizza too?), but I didn't lose either. I am satisfied with that as it shows my limits in not thwarting my progress. I have been back on the plan strickly for the past two days and will NOT eat off plan over the weekend. I have NO excuse now that my food has come in.

So ladies, fare thee well and press on to SUCCESS!!!! Have wonderful weekends!!!!
RubensMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #80  
Happy September

DEB~ ENJOY NTHE 3 DAY WEEKEND. I LOVE TIME OFF TO MYSELF AND THE LAST PLACE I WANT TO BE IS ON THE COMPUTER!! HAPPY GARDENING!

FREDDY~ THE PRODUCE MAN COMES TO THE BUILDING AND I BOUGHT SOME FRUITS AND VEGGIES IN HOPES OF BEING CLOSER TO BEING 100%!!!

RUBEN~ I LOVE EARLY MORNINGS FOR THE SAME REASONS. I BUY NUTS AND FEED THEM!!!! ROFLMAO GOOD IDEA WITH THE FOOD. SOMEHOW MY ORDER IS SCREWED UP AND QVC IS WAITING FOR A CHECK!!! GOD KNOWS HOW THIS HAPPENED BUT I WILL CALL THEM OVER THE WEEKEND. I HAVE OVER 2 WEEKS OF FOOD HERE ANYWAY!

HAD SOME WORK IN THE OFFICE AND I AM A MEAL BEHIND. JUST GOT OUT AND IT WAS SUPER BUSY. NO TIME FOR BREAKS SINCE 7 THIS MORNING. I SENT OUT FOR A STARBUCK'S FRAPPE TO KEEP ME AWAIE. 210 CALORIES SO I COUNTED IT AS 2 DAIRIES.
SO I BETTER BE EXTRA GOOD FOR THE NEXT 2 DAYS!!
MY EYES: I HAVE A SKIN COINDITION CALLED ROSACEA AND IT GOES INTO MY EYES AT TIMES. I ALSO HAVE CATARACTS GROWING BUT THEY ARE SO SLOW THAT THEY CANNOT BE OPERATED ON FOR ANY TIME SOON. I AM BOTH NEARSIGHTED AND FARSIGHTED AND DIFFERENT IN BOTH EYES!! LUCKY SOME DAYS THAT I CAN :drive: THE WITHOUT KILLING ALL THE SENIORS IN MY BUILDING!!! YOU SHOPULD SEE ME TRYING TO FIND THE CURBS TO CROSS THE STREET!!

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THE WEEKEND
Old 04-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #81  

Melody- I Feel You On The Eye Site! After College And Now Law School My Eyes Dont Stand A Chance. The Other Day I Was Walking Down The Street With A Friend And Freaked Because I Thought I Saw A Skunk- It Was A Trash Bag. We Were About 15 Feet Away. Lol And I Don't Drive At Night Because My Night Vision Is Horrible! And Im Only 22! Im Hoping To Get Lasik After Law School.

Anyways- Just Wanted To Say I Feel Ya- Sometimes I Feel Like Its Lucky I Dont Kill Anyone When I Drive. And Im Not Sure... But Im Betting I Might Do A Little More Damage In A Truck Lol. Sigh. Oh Well. I Just Use It As An Excuse To Have My Friends Drive.

Hehe.

Ruben- Great On The Food! Glad Hubbies Getting His Own. Lol

Hope Everyone Has A Good Weekend!

And My Word Of Warning For Those Who Want It... Dont Do Anything This Weekend (diet Wise) That You Will Regret During The Week! Remember, This Is Not Vegas, What Goes On On The Weekend, Stays On For The Week.

Take Care!
Old 04-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #82  

Wow Weird- I Typed In All Caps And It Changed It For Me...sorry Melody- Was Trying To Make It Easier For You!
Old 04-08-2006, 09:54 AM   #83  
Happy September

Talking Another Happy Ns Weekend

FREDDY~ I HAD THAT CAPS THING HAPPEN TO ME TOO ON THE QUICK REPLY
DON'T KNOW HOW IT HAPPENS BUT IT WAS FUNNY. MY STORY WITH DRIVING ETC WAS THE SAME AS YOURS.
I SEE THINGS THAT AREN'T WHAT THEY REALLY ARE TOO. DR SAID IT'S BECAUSE THE EYES ARE SOOOO DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER AND DEPTH PERCEPTION IS THROWN WAY OFF. SO WHEN THEY ARE INFLAMED, IT DISTORTS THE VISION ALL THE MORE!! JUST WHAT I NEEDED!!! LOL

I MADE JAZZMAN'Z BREAD PUDDING WITH THE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS BUT HAD NO RAISINS. IT WASN'T BAD BUT I HAVE HEARTBURN!!! A SHAME CAUSE I WOULD HAVE MADE IT AGAIN. RATHER TASTY AND SOMETHING DIFFERENT.
I HOPE WE ALL HAVE GOOD WEEKENDS. THAT WE STAY SAFE FROM THIS HORRIFIC WEATHER THAT IS GOING AROUND. MOTHER NATURE AT HER WORST. NOTHING NEW TO REPORT. LOOKS LIKE THE WEATHER HAS SORTED OUT MY WEEKEND WORK. EVERYTHING GOT CANCELLED!! YAY!!
ADIOS MY FRIENDS AND ENJOY!!!
Old 04-08-2006, 10:18 AM   #84  
Deb

Good Morning Nutrichicks!!

Today was weigh in and I'm pleased that I lost 2.2 lbs this week. Considering I had that Mexican dinner last Sunday and a wedding shower this week I'm really pleased to find that the choices I'm making aren't holding me back in my weight loss journey.

Mel - hope your eyes feel better soon.

Ruben - I'm so proud of you!! Getting in 2 walks a day is sure to increase your weight loss. I have the hardest time trying to convince myself to exercise - I'll do anything else but exercise is like a BAD word to me. I know I have to overcome that to see the results that I'm looking for - but still trying to get my head around the idea.

Freddy - hang in there. It's okay if you aren't 100% all the time - just make sure that you don't give up!!!!! Tomorrow will be a better day.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Deb
DebDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:24 AM   #85  
Happy September

DEB!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! THIS IS GREAT NEWS. I HAD TO COME BACK AND SAY THAT!!! I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU AND HOPE YOU FEEL GOOD ALL WEEKEND OVER IT!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!
Old 04-09-2006, 09:43 AM   #86  
Happy September

Quick Note To Say Hello And Happy Sunday. Finally Got The Order Straightened Out With Qvc. Somehow The Woman Had It Waiting For Me To Send A Check Instead Of Putting In On The Credit Card!!! Roflmao Tomorrow Is Mall Shopping So I Will See You Tuesday. Have A Great Start To A Ns Week!!! I Have A Pop Weekend So Far!!
Old 04-09-2006, 10:06 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 210/201/150

Good Morning All. How goes the weekend so far?

Deb, Congratuation on the 2.2 lb weight loss!!! YEAAAAAA!!!

Melody, Glad your order was straighted out. I understand about your eyes too. I need glasses, and am hoping to have lasik also.

Ruben, rysmom, Hello, hope you are both having a good weekend.

Coleen, I smoke now, want to quit really bad. I decided to wait until I get the weight off, as I know I will gain, and didn't want to have to lose even more. How did you do it? I have tried several times to quit, I just don't seem to have the will power. And I use my weight for an excuse, that I don't want to gain more. LOL GIve me some inspiration!!!!!!

Freddy, thanks for the warning about the weekend, I have thought of it several times, as I have been tempted alot the last few days. Have stuck with it though, and I stepped on the scales this morning, and I have lost 4 lbs this week so far. Tomorrow is weigh in, I hope it is still gone in the morning.

We are having our Easter dinner today instead of next weekend. I am so worried, as we are going out to eat to a German Restaurant. They have Weinersnitzel, noodle, etc. It will be hard to find something I can eat. I'm not sure How I am going to handle it. I don't want to blow it now. It has taken me 3 weeks to get off 4 lbs. I hope I can be strong. I will just keep thinking about the lbs i'm losing. It is hard to with the whole family there, they will be saying "go ahead and eat, it's Easter" I know I will be soooooo tempted. I'll let you all know how I did. If anyone gets on before I leave in a few hrs, give me some tips. LOL
vikki50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:49 PM   #88  

deb- go you!

vikki- i say get whatever you want, only eat a third of it and don't take the rest home! and try not to eat anything else salty today and drink about 4 glasses of water with dinner lol.... and you should be okay!!!

good luck!
Old 04-10-2006, 07:40 AM   #89  
Buggin' with Pugs

Default Goodmorning Ladies

Hey girls, how is everyone?? This is my Monday morning weigh day.
(((drum roll)))) going to scale now.......WOW down 3 pounds!!! COOL BEANS!!!!

I am really liking the two week weigh in idea more and more. It does seem to help with the discouragement part.

I read everyones posts and without mentioning everyones issues, congrats, et al...LADIES YOU DESERVE A for ALL you do weight wise and life wise! You are all AWESOME and wonderful supporters for everyone that graces this site. I personally want to thank each of you and let you know you are appreciated.

Ok enough of the sappy stuff...after all I have a reputation to uphold

The weather here in north Tampa is great for walking! It is a little chilly this AM but that means I will just have to walk faster. I am try to start jogging in the evening walks. I can only go maybe 500 ft right now, but a little more each day should build me up to more and more. I always wanted to be able to jog. My crappy knees don't help, but doc recommended a supplement and I started it this AM...so I will let you know if that helps. It would be nice now that I am walking (attempt jogging which right now I look more like this )...and why the evenings for jogging?? well trust me ladies, NO one needs to see waht I must go through to get there, all that jiggling..... even the ducks move out of the way.

Well I am off for my morning walk. It really helps that I got an MP3 player. I donwload books from Audible and listen to them. Time flies and I end up walking faster cause I get absorbed in the book. I have also recorded talks at our church and that is very nice to have the evening walks with. Gives you some peace before going to bed.

Ok...time for the shoes....thank goodness my mom is buying me some news ones (a gift for my15lb mark) as these are wearing thin.

Ta ta for now! i will check in later and catch up on the other threads!!!
RubensMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:28 AM   #90  
kellijean

S/C/G: 152

Default Good Morning

I am awaiting my order from NS - should be here today. Can't wait to get started, as I have heard so many positive things about this program. Portion control and binge eating are my problems. I only have 26 pounds to lose, but being 43 and "reparenting" as the guardian of my granddaughter have forced me to revisit my eating and exercise habits. I want to be a positive role model to her, healthy eating, healthy body views, etc. I also have Fibromyalgia and have noticed that the extra weight makes it harder to do my walking and harder on my already taxed joints.
kellijean is offline   Reply With Quote