Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:28 AM   #46  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking

Good morning buddies. I am very excited today. I lost another 1.5 lbs. Thats 3 lbs in 14 days. I was so afraid it might not work with all this sitting but it has!!!
Hope you all have good day!! Happy Thursday.

Quilt~ I live in a bldg with 98 senior citizens and know how you must feel. some days I just want to smack them along side their little white heads and say calm down!!! I am very happy to hear of your loss!! A big congratulations! Good for you!!

Karen Good luck with your first week. I'll eat anything also so long as it isn't burnt out of all recognition! I love this plan!

Ruben~ I am new since you were here. Good luck to you and Hubby. I too thought the cost would help me stick to it. ( I have a limited income) So far it HAS but I am only on it 2 weeks now!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:24 AM   #47  

I'm back, and it was rough. But I'm happy to say, having my food planned out helped a lot.
RubensMuse, glad you are here, but sorry for the reason you had to be here. The hubs is with you this time in dieting, that's good for built in support, but keep in mind he is going to lose faster no matter what. I'm sure you know all about this.

On the food, I don't think you will find any of them bad, you may perfer one over the other. The best thing is no tracking, weighing, or wondering, it is like choosing from a restaurant menu. I just got the one week supply, and I didn't get to make any choices in what I was shipped, but you can't beat it. I wouldn't say I was a picky eater but some things I just don't like and that will be the same for everybody. I'd rather eat a potato then pasta or rice and I'd rather eat chicken and fish versus beef. It is hard for me to figure out where this came from, I grew up in a southern family and that might explain the potato thing, but not the beef thing. But I just go oh well and move on with it. I don't hate beef, I'd just perfer chicken or fish. The girls told me about a site that has things you can jazz up the meals with. At this point I'm not jazzing as I want to taste each one and really determine if this is a meal I can deal with or need to make different choice in later.

I think it is all a learning process about food and ourselves. Meals are not my big problem, snacks and portions are for me. I cook good foods but it is all of the other things that put me overweight.

I can say this, the dessert bar Chocolate Graham is to die for.
quiltmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:24 PM   #48  
Deb

I've been on Nutrisystem for 6 weeks and really love the plan. Down about 14 lbs. It's simple, convenient and I'm never hungry. It is teaching me alot about portion control and how important veggies and fruits are in our diet. Gee you would think at my age I would already know that; but guess I just chose to forget it.

I read the review here on 3 Fats Chicks and wasn't impressed at all. I don't think Nutrisystem was given a chance and that the person who wrote the review was biased. She never added any vegetables except salad and also drank milk instead - no wonder she was hungry. If you follow the plan you will lose weight.

Everyone needs to understand that all diets aren't for everyone - we each need to find what works best for us. Nutrisystem is great for me; but may not be for everyone. Good luck to everyone in your weight loss journey

DebDixon
DebDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #49  

Another reason she could have been hungry is just the difference in how a person was eating versus how they eat on NS. If a person weighs 248 pounds they are more than likely consuming 2,976 calories a day to maintain that weight (12 x 248) So all of a sudden they are on a diet like NS, and I think it is geared to 1400 or 1600 Calories a day, which by doing NS you don't have to worry about because they did it all for you. That ia a big difference in calories consumed which also equals a lot less food.

I think it boils down to how serious they are about losing weight. There are going to be some scarifices. If there wasn't, then we wouldn't have gained the weight in the first place.

I can't say for others but I can say for myself, I've earned every pound that I'm over weight. I own them! I ate too big a portion at all meals, I ate high calories and fatting foods versus healthier foods, one example a couple of pop tarts as a snack versus a fruit. Not one cookier or even 2, I ate about the 12 or the bag. Yep girls, I'm admitting, I own those pounds, but when I lose my weight I'm gonna own that too.

I'm not going to waste time arguing over this plan or that plan. It is what ever works for each person. And any combination there of! As long as they want to lose and they are losing and they are being honest with themselves about what they eat.

I'm not even going to try and lie to myself, I took a serious look and I knew I did it. Ok I can undo, there are a lot of ways to do, some super easy and they will take longer, and some a bit harder but you lose faster.

What ever works!

Last edited by quiltmama; 03-10-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:43 PM   #50  
Buggin' with Pugs

Default As Always You Gals Rock

Thanks so much for all the feedback. We start on Monday as we find starting anything on a work week is easier as we are less inclined to indulge. Is anyone in here on the QVC version where you have weekends off?? I bought straight from NS and saw a big cost difference with QVC but I wonder if it is truly the same?

On a sad note, I was an idiot and jumped on the scale, just to see what damage I have done to myself over this past stressful year. I almost pooed myself from grief. Good gawd, I am a heifer. Up a full 11 pounds and that os only 10 pounds from my highest weight. I will admit I ate my share of Cadbury Cream eggs, Ferrer Roche and Reeses over that time though. I actually think for the first time in my life I have fat ankles.

On a happy note. We recently moved into a small apartment to save money to buy a home at the end of the year and it is a block from a beautiful park with a mile long walk around the lakes. Guess where I will be going for walks! Also, I am taking a long-lost piece of exercise equipment out of storage and will use the thing if it kills me. I think the majority of the weight gain is from pure non-exercise and a billion calories a day.

So these next few days I am going to use that time for preparation. I LOVE that the meals are done already. I used to say "of course those famous people can lose weight so easy as they can afford personal chefs" Well I have an NS Chef now so all I have to do is exercise.

GOALS:
1. I will take the next few days to make a schedule for exercise.
2. I will take the next few days to prepare myself mentally for success.
3. I will take the next few days to create a journal so that I can reread and make adjustments in any negative thinking.
4. I will log into this Forum at least 3 days a week to encourge my Sister Chicks and to keep focused.
5. I will encourge my husband and help him succeed, but if he fails to be accountable for his own actions, I will not let ME fail this time.

Ok ladies if you wish to post your goals as well, that would be awesome. We could call ourselves the NutriSisters ..heheh

I hope all are well!
RubensMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:49 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 240/226/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebDixon
I've been on Nutrisystem for 6 weeks and really love the plan. Down about 14 lbs. It's simple, convenient and I'm never hungry. It is teaching me alot about portion control and how important veggies and fruits are in our diet. Gee you would think at my age I would already know that; but guess I just chose to forget it.

I read the review here on 3 Fats Chicks and wasn't impressed at all. I don't think Nutrisystem was given a chance and that the person who wrote the review was biased. She never added any vegetables except salad and also drank milk instead - no wonder she was hungry. If you follow the plan you will lose weight.

Everyone needs to understand that all diets aren't for everyone - we each need to find what works best for us. Nutrisystem is great for me; but may not be for everyone. Good luck to everyone in your weight loss journey

DebDixon
That's exactly what we were saying in this post...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75854

I completely agree Deb!
Tallullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #52  
Happy September

Talking Happy Saturday NutriSisters

Ruben~ I love that idea and also the goals too. I will think on them and add them here today so I will be accountable to myself and the "sisterhood" Good luck to you and the DH this week I buy from QVC because I have a credit card there. I am getting the 28 day International package. All total it was $270.52 and has the same foods as I see in the ala carte section. We don't get the bears though. I also see there is a program there where you can choose your products now...ala carte. I did a lot of research before I decided on this plan. I chose the 28 day because I did NOT want weekends off. Enjoy the new week!!

Funny the doorbell just rang and it was the mailman with a small box from NS with my 2 missing items in it!!
Speak of the devil huh???

Quilt & Deb & Talula~ I myself am loving this plan but agree not all plans are for everyone. I have not read any reviews here so cannot comment but I will say this plan is a definite no-brainer. The math is all done and the food is good. It's a great way for me to get into the habit of smaller and reasonable portions. I am never hungry and eat everything I am supposed to. I am having cravings from time to time till I can figure out what is triggering them. (coffee and SF yogurt so far) I try not to read anything negative on the NS site either. But I respect their right to express their opinions. For myself, I want and most of all NEED this to work. If I don't get this weight off I stand clearly to pay the consequences in the not too distant future. So having said that, I will delight myself with every mouthful and hopefully laugh each week as I weigh-in Did I mention before that my 2nd order arrived!!! I was doing a happy dance all day!

Hope your weekends are great and enjoy!!
Old 03-11-2006, 09:54 AM   #53  
Happy September

1~ I will make every day an ON PLAN DAY
2~ I will come here and be supportive also
3~ I will make plans for when I am no longer on NS
4~ I will continue to exercise every day and do my breathing exercises as well
5~ I really MUST get rid of the coffee (because of my face)

I feel better already with written goals. I am already journaling and exercising (with LindaT's group).
Have a great weekend.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:12 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 240/226/150

Here is the link to the 3FatChicks NS review...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diets/nutrisystem-review.php

It's very sad IMO. She didn't eat all of the food she was supposed to eat or she wouldn't have been hungry. She's a very picky eater and she never once checked online BBs (NS, Jazz's, etc.) for ideas on how to spice up her meals or combine foods. She ate meals at the wrongs times or didn't pay attention to what the item was... I could go on, but I'll let you read it!
Tallullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:44 AM   #55  

Well I'm finally read the review, but that is only one person's opinion. There is always a balance indiduals must work for, between their goals and preferences. I think it would have been fair since she was doing a review to even choose things that were "out side of box of normal" in example, prepackaged eggs. Because I hate to remind her that is what our soilders over in Iraq are eating and most of them think the meals are pretty good.

I hope most folks will ignore her review and try it for themselves. I did only a week on nutrisystem myself, but I had my own reasons. What NS has to offer is really great, but it just might not be the plan for everybody, some folks won't like the cost or be able to afford it, espically if they still have to buy food for others in their household. Some will not be able to handle the food by itself. Others may just be looking for a good excuse to toss the diet.

For those individuals, NS isn't the problem, but themselves. The others will go on and find a successful way that works with their life style and lose their weight.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:04 AM   #56  
Happy September

I was a little discouraged this morning. I woke up feeling "fat" and the scale went up 1 lb. I hope it leaves as quickly as it came!! Very gloomy weather out there today so maybe some closet "spring cleaning" is a good place to start!! Take a look at some of my clothes and see if they need tossing.
Happy Sunday and have a great week!
Old 03-12-2006, 08:21 AM   #57  
Happy September

'The Review": I feel it is the right of the author to say what she feels and thinks. Many times a negative review has saved me money and pain also. I take everyone's info and process it in my own head and make my own decisions. If negative reviews were always successful then I would have never gone to Michael Thurmond's plan where I lost my first 30 lbs. We live in an outspoken society and I for one am glad we have freedom of speech. I am disabled and in a wheelchair and without "speech" there would never have been any ramps installed in this world. Before we became vocal, we stayed in our houses where people though we belonged. So maybe I am biased to free speech!
We cannot have it both ways and put gags on some mouths if we don't like what they say.
So I say....ce la vie!
Old 03-12-2006, 08:52 AM   #58  

too true Melody, I think anyone who reads it and is looking for a program to help them will see the advantages NS has to offer. There are many advantages offered in the NS program, and they far out weigh the disadvantages. There are always going to be disadvnatages to any program because of our own personal perferences. So I'm glad we all have a choice and can have the opportunity to find something that suits each of us. I personally perfer to work using bits and pieces "the best advantages" of any and all program. Yes some programs you must adhere strickly to them to work, but for me using some of the NS foods to keep me on track some days based on what is going on in my life, and cooking my own foods some days and just counting the calories works.

I'm not going to be proud, I'm going to take what ever opportunity comes my way to help me. The days I'm driving to my home town to spend days and time with my very alcoholic, diabetic, sick father, I pack NS. It keeps my sanity! Those are the days, that I don't need to worry about food, just follow the plan. the main goal is to keep on track and keep on losing!
Old 03-12-2006, 11:19 AM   #59  
Buggin' with Pugs

Default Too much

OK so I have to put my two cents in on this review.

I read it and still don't care. I am going to try the plan and see how it works for ME. It was my OPINION and MY perception that perhaps she was not really 'into' the plan or had different expectations. Perhaps she likes cooking for herself and did not like that her options were limited. Whatever the reason she decided that plan was not for HER and is irrelavent to what another may decide. True, that like Mel, I like to gather information on sources prior to making a choice, however, I still make that choice based on my own situation, feelings, etc.

So my summary....
1. Remain positive.
2. Remain willing to try hard on ANY plan.
3. Deem what is positive in any information rendered and make YOUR OWN choice.

Personally, I am hopeful about this program, but I have chosen not to raise my expectations too high that I fail in my efforts to lose weight all together. If this plan proves not to be for me, then I can still say I tried it and find another option.

Ok that is all

Hope everyone is doing well today!!! Tomorrow is Day 1 on NS so I will check in at the end of the day with an update.
RubensMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:30 AM   #60  
Happy September

Ruben~ I am sorry. I meant to wish you good luck with tomorrow!!!
I just had the shake but with milk I saved from this mornings breakfast! YUM!