Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Everyone seems to be doing really well.

I am still stuck in my plateau, I had the baby from Thursday through Sunday, so I couldn't work out other than running after him. I won't have him again until Friday this week....so this morning I got up and ran 1 mile. I will try to get in another mile this afternoon.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #317  
Awesome

S/C/G: 194.4/183.2/125

Height: 5'3"

The thread it came from said that you can substitute any flavor of soup, not just tomato, and can vary the herbs. (Not sure if I can link to it. Let me know if anyone wants the link).

Here's the recipe:.

1 packet Tomato Soup.

1 packet Scrambled Eggs.

1/4 tsp Garlic Powder.

1/2 tsp Dried Basil.

1 tsp baking powder.

4 tablespoons water.

It is thick and gloppy, you're going to need a plastic spatula but make it into two small bagel shapes on tin foil sprayed with cooking spray. Then I baked it at around 375 for about 12 - 13 minutes. Oh, and I think the batter does smell a little off-putting, but it bakes up fine..

This makes two nice round bagels that are thick enough to slice into half (so you can toast it/spread cheese on it!) with a great texture and taste..

This makes 2 meals.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #318  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

Weighed on Monday instead of Sunday this week, down 1.2 this week. Not a surprise, as there was eating out one day, maybe two. Back on plan Monday though, and any loss is a good loss!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #319  

S/C/G: 165/151/110

I need some support please. My elderly aunt went into the hospital on Saturday. They discharged her and while I was visiting her on Sunday with my boyfriend, the ER doctor called her at home and said that she was to be admitted right away. Therefore I did not have my shakes or lean and green with me all day Sunday and started eating from the vending machines. The cafeteria was not open and there really isn't any place to go for food around there. Needless to say I can not stop eating now. I do well for breakfast and mid morning snacks but then it goes down hill. Haven't eaten sweets though.
Please someone give me a little kick in the butt to tell me to stop this insanity. It only takes one situation for me to get off program.
I would really appreciate it.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #320  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

punmama - first and foremost, do not kick yourself too hard. We are human. Stuff happens.

Now...put down that bag of chips or whatever it is you have in your hand. If you don't have any shakes, bars, or meals with you, find the best alternative. Jack's Links are fairly low in fat, calories, and carbs but high in protein (and sodium.) Pork skins, while a wee high in fat, are not all that bad, in the grand scheme of things (although, I HATE the taste of them!) Find some hard boiled eggs. Almost everyone has snack packs of celery and carrots. Find alternatives. This si test number one for you. Mine was back in February when my dear pappy died. I know what you are going through.

It is okay to slip. It happens. But continuing to slip is not. So you slipped. So what. Now get back up. Start up where you left off. And move forward. It is better to not slip, but if you do, it is better to slip one meal, than a day, one day, than a week, one week than a month.

And remember, this is an INVESTMENT in your health. The stuff is too damned pricey to waste on binge eating.

You'll do fine, promise. We all slip. That isn't failure. It's the not getting back up again that is. And I KNOW you are going to get back up
Old 07-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #321  

S/C/G: 165/151/110

Thank you Zoesmom. I will have to ride out the stress I am going through now and since I am only human can not feel guilty or bad for a few slip ups once in a while.

Your words to me mean a lot.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #322  
Awesome

Punmama, I'm sorry about your aunt. Family emergencies are always a hard thing to go through, and I know what I eat is the last thing on my mind. But I will tell you that it was reading posts like yours that helped give me motivation to start. And remember that you've already stuck to the plan before and can do it again. I know everyone else here is supporting you and know you can do it as well!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #323  

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by punmama View Post
Thank you Zoesmom. I will have to ride out the stress I am going through now and since I am only human can not feel guilty or bad for a few slip ups once in a while.
zoesmom, a great pep talk, you're the best at those!

punmama, just start again right now. Plan for the next meal or snack, remember what you did to be successful before, and just repeat that. Maybe plan for several days. Planning helps me to stay on track. Be prepared for everything and remind yourself how far you've come while preparing. There will always be times of stress. You've got this!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #324  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Default Boomerang!

And I'm back. Again.

A couple of years ago, I tried WS, loved it and lost 17 pounds. You know how they say people gain weight between Thanksgiving and New Years, yeah, they got that from me. And I couldn't get back with the program.

Last summer, I was invited to be part of an obesity study. One group got free JC for a year, the other group did "normal measures." Guess what group I got? Yeah, not the JC. (oh, and guess who paid for the study??? Yep, JC). I did end up losing 13 pounds, put have now put most of it back. So it's time to get serious again.

My husband and I want to visit relatives in CA over Christmas and we both want to look fab. So here we go. Again.

So far today, so good. I even turned down a home-made chocolate chip cookie.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #325  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Woo hoo! I had a great 1st day back on WS. My husband might not agree as I was super cranky until I had dinner! 1.2 pounds down in 1 day!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #326  

Quote:
Originally Posted by punmama View Post

Your words to me mean a lot.
Those are going to happen, especially when stressed. You just have to accept them, but keep it moving at the same time. Just don't 'give in' and let those slip-ups become a habit and you will be fine !!!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #327  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

goddess! Good thing the crankies go away after a few days

HI FFF! I always love seeing your random appearances!

punmama - how are you doing?

Star - a loss is a loss. And better than a gain. 1.2 pounds is actually pretty decent, all things considered. Take that as the achievement that it is!

Tiff - thanks for the recipe. Will have to attempt it myself

irish - isn't running just the best? Hope your scale moves soon. Out of curiosity...do you know your mass body fat percentage? Maybe, just maybe mind you, you don't have any more to lose? I mean, my lean body mass is 139 pounds...so in theory, I can NEVER get below 160 despite the fact that the BMI chart says I should be at 145. Just a thought...

Me...no loss. Bad lung flair up due to this damnable humidity so my exercise has stopped rather quickly. And I am still eating as if I am exercising (dummy!) So...maybe next week I'll see a downward trend? maybe...if not, oh well. Such is life. Not giving up. Not yet.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:57 AM   #328  
Awesome

Summer finals week is kicking my butt, so just popping in quickly to say week 2 weigh in was today (Thursday the 25th) and I was at 185.8 this morning! That's another 3.4 lbs gone this week.

Hope everyone else is having a good week! And I'll be back more frequently next week during my week break between semesters.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #329  

Hi,
Just completed day 1 of wonder slim with no cheating. It was very doable. I started off this am at 198.5 and I am 5' 4". My weight has gradually gone up and up over the past 15 years. I think I am at the point where I need to give up all processed carbohydrates. Once I start eating them I have no will power. I did find it difficult to drink enough water today. I only got about 32 oz down. I will check in on a regular basis. Love this board.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #330  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

zoesmom Yes, I love running! I don't know my mass body fat percentage. I need to find out how to figure that.

goddessmeg Hope you are doing well.

larkhaven glad you are joining us. If you have any questions, just ask, we will try to help in any way we can. I look forward to hearing about your progress.
(Pssst...the first 3 days can be the hardest!) I hear you on the carbs, they are my downfall.
Closed Thread