Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Doo doo doo. I am about 1-1/2 pounds from weighing less than my husband...which will be the first time since I met him. I am about 6 pounds from being to the 50 pound mark, which we made a bet on last July, that if I can meet 50 pounds, he quits smoking. I am 248.7 today (not official as I weighed after eating and really, tomorrow is my official day.)

I am in a slam bam mood! Must be the increased meds In any case, spent a really lazy weekend being pretty bad (we are talking tasteless Cards Against Humanity drinking games here) but, still saw a loss. Kiddo had a pretty nasty spill, but all in all, a nice, RELAXING weekend. LONG time since one of those has been around. First time in nearly 6 months I had NOTHING going on. I didn't even get dressed today.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #377  

My official weigh in today is 248.4 netting a total weekly loss of 3.3 pounds! I'LL TAKE IT! Counting on down to the 50 pound mark. So close I can taste it. So very close!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Way to go !!!

You are doing great!
I am still at 142. I did a lot of yard work yesterday,so I am sore this morning .

Planning on taking the baby for a walk today.

Last edited by irish51; 04-22-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #379  

Yesterday, I took the baby for a walk and then to the park. We finally had some nice weather and it was great to get outside. It's raining again today...blah.

Still holding steady at 142.2, can't complain, but (you knew there would be a But), I would really like to break the 140's.

Oh I read on another thread, where you said you make zucchini chips, may I ask for the recipe...since I am not a big veggie eater, I am always looking for something different.
Thanks.

Last edited by irish51; 04-23-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #380  

LOL! I understand. I haven't had a BM in 3 days (TMI, I know) so my scale is up at 250 again. Sigh. I got me some softner to see if that will get things moving again and drop a few pounds with it.

Gosh yes you can have the recipe!

Just chop up 1--2 zucchinis, as thin as you can get them, but probably something like 1/8 of an inch or something. Tedious, I know. I thought of using my food processor, but it is too much work to pull it out and move the Kitchen Aid and really, I just need a bigger kitchen. So I manually slice.

Anywho....once they are sliced, I rinse them off in cool water in a strainer and toss as I season with smoked paprika, pepper, and a itty bit of sea salt (use a LITTLE salt, not a lot...these babies will shrivel like no tomorrow!)

Lay them out on ungreased parchment paper or foil that is lined on a baking sheet. Make sure they do not overlap or touch. Bake at 175 degrees for 2 hours. MANUALLY flip (hate this part) every last one, and bake for another 90 minutes to 2 hours.

Tedious work....but the pay off is awesome. It makes it feel almost like cheating.

I had to take my kiddo to the ER yesterday. Something about not listening to me and putting a spoon in her mouth while walking. I am sure you can sum up the end result. Kids. Oui. I was ticked and scared yesterday...ticked because I had told her repeatedly, RIGHT BEFORE IT HAPPENED, to SIT and STOP walking around. Normally she listens. Not yesterday. I was scared because head wounds bleed like the dickens.

Today...eh, whatever. She learned an important lesson and taught the kids at school why you don't walk around with silverware in your mouth. At least something positive came of this.

Kiddo is officially registered for T-Ball that starts on 5/6...so between that, ballet, and swim lessons...I REALLY am wondering where I am going to find me time. At least she is active. And today, she told me she wants to get healthy with me and offered to exercise with me when I go for a walk. Ah...kids.

You'll push out of the 140's soon...I just know it! I mean, look how far you have already come!

Last edited by zoesmom; 04-23-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #381  

Thank you, this recipe looks so good!

I am getting bored with what I have been eating. I have been blending 1 cup of spinach in my breakfast and lunch shakes.
Looks a tad disgusting, but doesn't really change the taste. Anything to get those veggies down.

So, I have a couple zucchini's and I think I will be making this tomorrow.

Sorry, you had to take the little one to the ER, that is always scary...I spent a lot of time there with my oldest son ( he once cut his tongue in half...yep right down the middle, kinda looked like a snake) . Really glad she is okay. Now you have an exercise buddy!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #382  

No sweat. I actually had to force myself to figure out recipes for veggies given that the only ones I am allowed, I don't like. Go figure. I mean, I like asparagus, broccoli, and okra...but outside of that, not really a fan of the rest of the allowed items. I like the good things, like butternut squash, tomatoes, carrots, and stuff on that list. One of those re-teaching myself things.

My only saving grace is I don't like potatoes nor do I like corn, so I am not tempted with the starchy stuffs. I mean, I would eat them on occassion, but I never really craved them by any means.

Anyways, if you like the zucchini chips, you should try the eggplant chips. Make them more or less the same way, but you can up the overn to 400 and bake for 20-30 on each side.

I left one detail out though on the zucchini chips...once you lay them out and before putting them in the oven, spram some Pam olive oil on top (but remember, do not grease underneath.

You can mix and match seasonings to your taste....I tend to like the seasonings simple, which is an oddity for me

oh....and I am at 247.7 today

Last edited by zoesmom; 04-24-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #383  

OH---try splenda and cinnamon instead of salt and seasoning on the zucchini...YUM!!!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #384  

Quote:
oh....and I am at 247.7 today
WHAT?? You snuck that in like an after thought

You are rockin this!

I lost -.2 overnight, so I am at 142. Notice, I used to only post my losses at the beginning of the week, now I am posting them any time, I am down!

So my zucchini chips are in the oven, almost done. I am looking forward to them... I think I cut them a little thin. It's okay, I ran to the store to get dog food and some stuff for the baby (something is wrong with this sentence!), and I bought some more zucchini and spinach, I think I am about to be hooked.

Oh splenda and cinnamon...that sounds really good.

There goes the timer, zucchini chips with dinner!!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #385  

LOL! I actually did I had to edit my post because I forgot to add it. I weigh daily...it keeps me honest with myself. My official weigh ins, the day my mom and I make each other accountable, is Mondays, but I will post daily if I have movement downwards. It doesn't upset me if it doesn't move, so I am not dependent on it moving. Now, if it doesn't move for 6 weeks, that is another story. But 2-3 weeks with no movement? eh. Stuff happens.

Kiddo and I went for a brisk walk/jog today. She meant it. She wanted to exercise. And...I JOGGED!!!!! I haven't done that in SO long...like pre-2001!!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #386  

Jogging- you are going to hit that 50lb mark really soon.

I weigh every morning and every night..very OCD about the scale .

Anyways, I popped in to tell you those zucchini chips were incredible. I am going to make some more tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #387  

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish51 View Post
Jogging- you are going to hit that 50lb mark really soon.

I weigh every morning and every night..very OCD about the scale .

Anyways, I popped in to tell you those zucchini chips were incredible. I am going to make some more tomorrow.
Only 4 more pounds. Today I hit 39.9 BMI at 247...which means I am no longer Morbidly Obese but Severely Obese! HUZZAH SEVERE OBESITY!!! (Such a weird freaking chant! )

I weigh every am and pm too. I wouldn't call it OCD so much as accountability. I mean,I could say anything, but at the end and start of the day, that scalle will make sure I was honest about it. And I have been VERY honest about it here lately. So ready to just be out of this excess weight.

Glad you liked the zuchinni chips. You should so try it with the Splenda and cinnamon....nom nom nom.

Hope you have a great 100% OP day!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #388  

Congrats on the new BMI !

My scale is stuck at 142. This morning I went and had my hair cut and colored, maybe the scale will show a .2 loss tomorrow and maybe the fairies will come in and clean my house during the night.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #389  

My scale is no longer stuck..it's going the wrong way.

I was starving all day Friday, and picking at things I shouldn't have (crackers,etc).

Scale is now up to 143.8...and I am going out with my dinner group tonight.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #390  

Went out to dinner with my supper club last night, not good.

Scale is still going up, 144.6. Time to get serious.
Closed Thread