Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #16  

Yes, this will be my last week of Jenny. Too many carbs! I'm probably going to order PFFs, but I won't get it until NEXT THURSDAY. And if I'm not mistaken, I'll have to decide on a second week BEFORE I've tasted my first week. Very annoying.

Lean Cuisine now has NO PRESERVATIVES, btw. Please share which Healthy Choice meals you like, and are they low carb?... or do you just count calories?
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:38 AM   #17  

Hey girl, I didn't know that about Lean Cuisine. I may need to check out some of their meals. My favorite All Natural Healthy Choice (that is the name of it) meals are the Portabella Spinach Parmesan, Portabella Mushroom Marsala, & Pumpkin Squash Ravioli. I haven't tried the Mediterranean Pasta, Asian Potstickers or Tomato Basil Penne yet. Those are next on my list. But the three I have tried are MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

That is weird about having to order before you taste your first week, so you are going two weeks "blindly". Week 1 of DTG meals are PHENOMENAL so far. OMG I had the Italian Meatballs and artichoke last night, it was TO DIE FOR! I'm glad I substituted and got two of those this week :-). I will try PFFS, but DTG food for the most part has been unreal!

What meals did you decide to pick from PFFS?
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #18  

My food comes Thursday and I only have until Friday morning to cancel the second week, so yea, it's a bit blind.

I ordered a lot of chicken and turkey. I don't each much red meat, and reheated fish (I normally LOVE fish) always tastes funky to me. I won't even reheat fish I've cooked at home. So I stayed away from the fish.

I ordered maybe one breakfast that wasn't egg-centric. I find carby breakfasts (even on a low glycemic diet) start me off too hungry.

But here's my big bummer this week. No weight loss on JC, which I followed to the letter. I may have even had FEWER calories a couple of days. None. Zip. I really feel it's time for a change.

Please promise when I switch to DTG low carb, you'll tell me what's good!?

How long have you been doing DTG? Your last post makes it seem like you just now started, so I'm confused.
There isn't a ton of variety on PFFS, so I'll probably only do three weeks tops.

And thanks for the Healthy Choice tips!

Last edited by buttah; 08-16-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #19  

Deanna, I just looked up those Healthy Choice Natural meals on their website and was surprised to see they count no meat or lean meat exchanges - only starch, fat, vegetable. Weird, right? So don't you get hungry?
Old 08-16-2009, 06:49 PM   #20  

Hey girl! I did a total of 5 weeks on DTG doing the low carb meals lunch/dinner only. I started during their 'week 2' menu so that is why my last week was actually 'week 1'....confusing I know.

I'm sorry about not having lost any weight on JC this week Here's a hug I haven't weighed in for this week yet (will do so tomorrow morning), then I'll let you know my total weight loss since starting DTG. Although, like we talked about before I didn't really use it as a weight loss tool and more as a convenience as I was losing weight before it, but still I will share tomorrow.

I can't wait for you to get PFFS and let me know what looks good/tastes good and what doesn't. I will probably put my order in next week since I am going out of town this week. And I promise I will let you know what on DTG was good and what wasn't when you are ready. I made notes every week on what was good and what wasn't.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
Deanna, I just looked up those Healthy Choice Natural meals on their website and was surprised to see they count no meat or lean meat exchanges - only starch, fat, vegetable. Weird, right? So don't you get hungry?
You know now that you mention it. None of the meals I have gotten from their All Natural line has meat in it.... it's so funny I didn't realize this until you said something! But no, I can honestly say I am not hungry after eating it, but my girlfriend normally adds baked chicken or something to hers. The calories in the meals are so low you could do that if you wanted too.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #22  

Got it. When you say you aren't using DTG as a weight loss tool, do you mean you're not still trying to lose? Or that you're counting calories as your weight loss plan and whatever meals you get from them are part of it?
Old 08-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You two are too funny! Did you realize you can use the PM feature now ? I can see the appeal of having your own thread but you may want to talk privately.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:17 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
Or that you're counting calories as your weight loss plan and whatever meals you get from them are part of it?
This one. I still have more weight I want to lose but I am using calorie counting as my primary weight loss tool. By the way I was down another 2 pounds this week, so I think that gives me 10 pounds total on my 5 weeks of DTG.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:19 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
You two are too funny! Did you realize you can use the PM feature now ? I can see the appeal of having your own thread but you may want to talk privately.
lol Thanks for the suggestion Ruth. It never dawned on me to use PM b/c I just assumed if any one new comes in they can join us or if someone is interested in reading feedback on DTG or PFFS they can read it in here too.