Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:20 AM   #1  
Hollywoodi

Default Medifast / Wonderslim ... What's the difference?

Heyyya, peeps! I'm new to the MF / WS community. I ordered a starter box from Medifast, and am into my first week now. In doing my research for re-ordering, I keep seeing info about Wonder Slim pop up. Can someone share with me, what is the difference? I've read they are very similar weight loss programs, but I'd love to know what you all think about them. Have you tried both? What are the differences? Thanks! I'm very excited to be a part of this community now!
Old 02-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

I'm so glad you asked this question!! I also have been looking for a new diet and was looking into Medifast but then Wonderslim also kept coming up!? From what I have gathered they are very close but Wonderslim is cheaper?!!? Not too sure though, would love to hear from someone that has actually tried either program (or both).
annieann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/156/126

Height: 5' 2"

I have a suggestion. Check the ingredients in both Medifast and Wonderslim.

During my weight loss phase, I substituted a few of my daily meals with Medifast. I ordered the Medifast for Woman's Health Shakes. The amount of vitamins and minerals is outstanding in the Medifast for Woman's Health Shakes. I chose to get as much bang as I could for my buck. This food is costly.

I have not looked at the ingredients in Wonderslim. Therefore I cannot make a comparison, but suggest that you do.

I checked out the ingredients in a diet I'd never heard about which someone mention they just began. I was stunned to read that one of their packet products containes over 900 mgs of sodium and others are 500 and such. With high blood pressure, this chemical mixture would not be for me. Not only was their products extremely high in salt, but contained very little to zero vitamins and minerals which our bodies need. They contained protein and salt and not much of anything else. No prices were quoted on their web site. You had to call. That's a real red flag for me.

I then read the ingredients of a cookie diet and concluded that a person could save lots of money and most likely get more nutrition by eating a slice of 100% whole wheat bread several times a day. Now who would do that? Yet the largest ingredient in these terribly overpriced cookies isn't even 100% whole wheat, just some flour mixture.

It saddens me that so many people fall prey to all these gimics, looking for a quick fix that isn't possible. What a waste their time and money while some guy laughs all the way to the bank.

I cannot stress enough.... Please please check out the ingredients of what these so called miracle diets contain.

Last edited by Theresa; 02-13-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #4  

I have done both Medifast and Wonderslim. Wonderslim has the advantage of better taste, but some of their products are vitamin deficient. Just read the labels and choose the vitamin fortified products, if you plan to follow Wonderslim.
I lost weight on both diets, but having not changed my lifestyle, I regained the weight back, faster than it took to take the weight off. I follow Jenny Craig now, for its more 'normal' eating patterns and foods, and I am learning portion control, better food choices, etc.. Sure, the weight loss is slower, but this is a good thing. I am a senior, and plan to remain a Jenny Craig client for the rest of my life. For me, the eating plan, and direction is invaluable. Remember, gimic diets are just that--quick fixes. I do wish success to everyone in their weight loss journey, no matter what plans they follow. JMHO.
sunnywarmth is offline   Reply With Quote