Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Question quick Q for all you BistroMDers...

Hello all! I just got my first shipment of BistroMD. Looks very nice! I appreciate the detailed reheating instructions, too. There was one thing that wasn't obvious to me though about how to heat the muffins, coffee cake, doughnut etc. Am I still supposed to simmer those items in boiling water, then toast? Or do I thaw them out and then toast them, no water involved?

Thanks for the forthcoming tips! I'll be posting photos and reviews very soon on Thin By Mail so be on the lookout...
-NB
noodlebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:44 PM   #2  
klc

Hey NB. Welcome aboard!! I'm sure everyone has their own methods, but as I've said before, I'm hugely lazy, and have easy access to a uwave at work, so everything goes in it. I thaw them, and then nuke them in the wrapper (vented on one end) for 15-20 seconds. It works great except for the things with icing...that gets a little messy. I'll look forward to seeing your reviews.
-Kathy
klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #3  

Ok Noodlebean...... here is what I do .. all the muffins or cornbread I heat in microwave for about 15 secs., just like Kathy

. I DON'T do that with the Doughnuts. I defrost and if I am going to use them the next day.. I just take them out the night before and set on the counter.. I don't like them cold nor do I like them heated.. the icing melts all over the place so that is why I do it like that.

I am like Kathy as well I tried the boiling method but took too long and I could never get the items hot enough.. Now I heat all of them meals in the Microwave.. many of them I take out of the bags before heating.. I don't like things too watery.

usually heat the meat item first them add the veggies and that way they all seem to be the right temp. The meat items are very thick as you can see and that is why I do it that way..

Good luck....hope you like it.

Renita
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #4  
banned

I do the same, except I usually scrape all the icing off....
chinchillables is offline   Reply With Quote