Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #1  
klc

Default Latest Price Comparison

With all of the recent price increases, I did some comparison shopping today (I'm currently on Bistro). Being a geek, I put it in spreadsheet format, but hopefully I can type it in a post format that y'all can decipher. These are the national delivery big boys that I was monitoring, with all the discounts, special, etc figured in. Since I still have 70lbs to go, I'm going to be doing this for awhile, so I have a vested interest in keeping my finger on the pulse of meal delivery (especially since I've figured out this is the only way I can lose weight Please feel free to correct if I screwed something up. All prices are per week and include shipping.

SSHE - all inclusive 7day - 229 (zone 4 from Illinois)
ChefsDiet - (all inclusive)
7day - 4wks with snacks 218
7day - 4wks without snacks 204
7day - 10wks with snacks 185
7day - 10wks without snacks 174
BistroMD - (all inclusive)
7day - with snacks 204
7day - without snacks 184
5day - with snacks 169
5day - without snacks 154
PFFS - (all inclusive)
7day with snacks 189
5day with snacks 144
eDiets - (add dairy, fruit)
7day week by week with snacks 160
5day week by week with snacks 129
7day 8 week with snacks 142
5day 8 week without snacks 107
JC - (add dairy, fruit, veggies)
7day 4 week 155
klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:09 AM   #2  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc View Post
With all of the recent price increases, I did some comparison shopping today (I'm currently on Bistro). Being a geek, I put it in spreadsheet format, but hopefully I can type it in a post format that y'all can decipher. These are the national delivery big boys that I was monitoring, with all the discounts, special, etc figured in. Since I still have 70lbs to go, I'm going to be doing this for awhile, so I have a vested interest in keeping my finger on the pulse of meal delivery (especially since I've figured out this is the only way I can lose weight Please feel free to correct if I screwed something up. All prices are per week and include shipping.

SSHE - all inclusive 7day - 229 (zone 4 from Illinois)
ChefsDiet - (all inclusive)
7day - 4wks with snacks 218
7day - 4wks without snacks 204
7day - 10wks with snacks 185
7day - 10wks without snacks 174
BistroMD - (all inclusive)
7day - with snacks 204
7day - without snacks 184
5day - with snacks 169
5day - without snacks 154
PFFS - (all inclusive)
7day with snacks 189
5day with snacks 144
eDiets - (add dairy, fruit)
7day week by week with snacks 160
5day week by week with snacks 129
7day 8 week with snacks 142
5day 8 week without snacks 107
JC - (add dairy, fruit, veggies)
7day 4 week 155
This is very helpful, Kathy. THANK YOU!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:13 AM   #3  

Default Thank you Kathy.....

That is really helpful.. I too will be doing this for a long time and have to be reasonable about the costs. I have had a 45 lb weight lose so this meal delivery really works. I just need to find plans that work with the budget as well.
As much as I don't want to even consider ediets that may be what I am left with when all is over. PFFS has maintained my previous rates so we will see how long they are willing to do that before they increase it as well.
But again thanks for doing all the leg work on this

Renita
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:14 PM   #4  
klc

Renita, there were a couple interesting things about this to me. One, was that eDiets 7day (if you do 8 weeks so you get the 8th week free) is a good bit cheaper ($27) than PFFS old 7day rates. Also notice that ChefsDiet without snacks is only $5 more than PFFS old rates if you do the 10 week commitment. I'm pretty sure that ChefsDiet is supplied by PurFood as well. I think that their menus look alot better than the PFFS plan. JMO.
-Kathy
Old 10-09-2008, 01:46 AM   #5  
banned

It works, but geezum... it cost a lot to get big, it's crazy how it cost even more to get back smaller, lol. I tried not eating, but that didn't go so well. :-|
chinchillables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/145/110

Height: 4 ft 11

Default re

The ediets plan does look good. Lots of differnet kinds of foods. I just joined Bistro but I know I'll get bored of the food and try something different later so I'll have to look into ediets, hehe.

kari1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:05 AM   #7  
klc

Hi Kari. First off, welcome aboard Bistro I've did ediets and PFFS before changing over to Bistro. Lost weight on all 3, but absolutely LOVE the Bistro food. Thought I'd hate having to deal with the 'inconvenience' of frozen, but have discovered that I prefer it. No spoilage issues, and simplifies dealing with unexpected/unplanned meals/days off
Old 12-26-2008, 10:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Do you like the food ? That is important to consider in choosing a diet delivery. 3FC have tried some of these, have you looked at their reports ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/145/110

Height: 4 ft 11

Hi!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm glad you gave a positive review on Bistro! I've done nutrisystem before and although I did lose some weight, the food just wasn't for me although there are plenty of people who like the taste of it
kari1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #10  
banned

I think decimals would've been nice... lol.
chinchillables is offline   Reply With Quote