Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, Kaplods. Noticed this was an old post. I will use up my old Medifast foods, see whether my thyroid agrees, and in the meantime check out your links.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #32  

Not sure which of the 3 named would be the best route in your circumstance (or any really, i guess you kinda have to sample them and see what you like) but as far as your thyroid issue... what kind of thyroid issue is it specifically? Hypothyroidism or what? I'm asking because I might be able to send you more detailed info on what you should/should not be eating, and other things of that nature to help you NATURALLY.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

It looks like I am subclinical hypo. I do not have any symptoms other than slow weight loss. And I cannot be on a very low carb diet (30-40g/day) as this reduces active thyroid hormone levels below what I can live on. I have been on Medifast before and seem to do fine. I just got back to it and am experimenting with carb cycling. And I am diving back into Ayurveda to boost thyroid hormones.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #34  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi...

I just re-ordered from Medifast for the first time in awhile. I had success with it a few years ago and I lost about 20-30 lbs about ten years ago. I tried Nutrisystem but I found the people on the bulletin boards online were so nasty and rude, the food wasn't good at all and I was not a fan. I haven't tried New Lifestyle Diet, actually I never heard of it until this thread. I prefer Medifast because of the success I had awhile back, the good online bulletin boards, people are professional on the phone and the cost isn't outrageous. I found that Jenny Craig's cost was astronomical, I know that JC wasn't considered in the title of this thread. In comparison, I have never done Medifast's program in their centers, I called about that and those prices also seemed very, very high. I think that the Medifast online program is better for me right now. I tried Take Shape for Life, the Medifast health coach program and I felt pressured into purchasing food, much like the pressure I felt with JC's consultants.

Well, good luck to everyone on these and other weight loss programs. I'm looking forward to restarting Medifast.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #35  

I am going to try Medifast again. I have had success with it in the past. For the soups, etc., you have to tweak some of them with herbs and spices to make them more palatable.
justIowaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 165/151/110

Has anyone tried or heard of Wonder Slim? I used to be on the New Lifestyle diet but found out that the shakes and foods ( most of them) are better and cheaper on the Diet Direct website. Wonder Slim is the same principle as Medifast too. If you have any questions please let me know. By the way Diet Direct has sales every week you just have to be included on their emails.
punmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 280/265/155

Height: 5'5

Medifast tends to be soy based and I didn't care for the taste - it gave me indigestion, but I believe this is because I am sensitive to soy products (didn't know that before I ordered but found out quickly). It is also more expensive than the other plans.

New Lifestyle is the same product as Wonderslim, just packaged under a different name. Both are manufactured by Robard. I stopped using their products as Hamilton was charging me a shipping fee (and tax) and I found the product cheaper elsewhere.

I moved on to Diet Direct and have been very happy with them and their products. They now offer a rewards and a referral program, which really makes a difference each month.

Good luck to everyone in their weight loss goals!

Last edited by PersistentA; 12-17-2013 at 04:31 PM.
PersistentA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:27 PM   #38  
Insurance Agent

S/C/G: 260/255/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Cost for Liquid diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
I hope nobody minds me starting another comparison/"what was your experience with..." thread. I've looked around this forum a lot, but generally the other similar threads seem interested in different qualities than I am.

My #1 concern is cost, as I don't make a lot of money, but I'm willing to cut my other extraneous expenses in order to try this. I've been counting calories and exercising for about a month now, but I'm really dreadful at pre-planning my menus (ie: I won't do it), and so my calorie totals at the end of each day aren't very consistent, nor are the nutrients I get those calories from. For instance, I want more than 100g of protein per day, but it's easy to fall short. I also fall short on calories often. That's why I want to try letting someone ELSE decide what I should eat for awhile.

So! Got a few questions for you all:

1.) What is your favorite plan of the three? Medifast, New Lifestyle Diet, or NutriSystem? And why, if you feel like sharing?

2.) BIG concern of mine: Are these diets safe to abruptly leave after your body's grown accustomed to them? Medifast and the New Lifestyle Diet in particular seem very similar (nutrient-wise) to low-carb diets where your whole body chemistry seems to readjust for the purpose of losing weight. My understanding is that when you lose weight on a low-carb diet, you can't just go back to eating a normal, healthy diet afterwards or you will gain weight due to the sudden reintroduction of carbs.

3.) I believe I noticed that all 3 plans net you daily calories below the 1200-for-women safe threshold. Now I understand a big part of that threshold is getting all the important nutrients your body needs to perform optimally, but another part is preventing your body from locking down and going into "starvation mode," where it's even harder to lose unwanted fat. Since I see a lot of people have lost weight on these plans regardless, I'm wondering why "starvation mode" isn't an issue for these extreme low-calorie diets? Is the body starving on this diet? And (related to #2) will it experience a sudden weight gain if quitting suddenly due to the panicked body storing every bit of fat it can as soon as you eat it?

4.) (The reason for asking #2 & #3 is: ) Is there any point to following any of these diets for only one month? I can't afford to stay on them long-term, but I would still like to shed a few pounds and stir up my body/metabolism by introducing something new and healthy, before going back to my usual diet (~1500 calories, ~50/30/20 c/p/f). If effective, I'd love going back on the diet for another month down the road; rinse, repeat.

Phew! That's a lot to answer; thanks in advance for the help! Any advice is very appreciated.
You might consider getting the order kit info from NLD and then go to MyDietShopz to order the products for less. It's not a huge savings but can be up near $100 in savings depending on which package you go with.

Keep in mind that Medifast, NLD, BeSlim, Barifast, HealthWise, WonderSlim and a few others are all sold by the same main manufacturer and is just branded with each company's brand name. I can't remember what the company name was that Hamilton Erridge from NLD said manufactured the products buy I know it starts with an R.

Last edited by Diavna; 07-04-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Diavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:35 PM   #39  
Insurance Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersistentA View Post
Medifast tends to be soy based and I didn't care for the taste - it gave me indigestion, but I believe this is because I am sensitive to soy products (didn't know that before I ordered but found out quickly). It is also more expensive than the other plans.

New Lifestyle is the same product as Wonderslim, just packaged under a different name. Both are manufactured by Robard. I stopped using their products as Hamilton was charging me a shipping fee (and tax) and I found the product cheaper elsewhere.

I moved on to Diet Direct and have been very happy with them and their products. They now offer a rewards and a referral program, which really makes a difference each month.

Good luck to everyone in their weight loss goals!
You know you can actually get them even cheaper at MyDietShopz. I did the same thing with starting out with the NLD branded products and eventually realized that it was the same product line that was just name branded differently. I also believe, if you look at the packaging, that Medifast is also made by Robard as well.

Last edited by Diavna; 07-04-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:39 PM   #40  
Insurance Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStar View Post
Ah, we Sagittarians do like to do research and ponder alot...
I am no help at all as I am starting New Lifestyle Diet tomorrow (assuming my package arrives on time). I know a place where you can find answers regarding the NLD, but you'll have to Google. Liquid diet discussion. I know of people who are maintaining weight losses of over 100 lbs, even 200. Have fun researching!
Try MyDietShopz for ordering your products. They have a wider, identical selection, it's cheaper and thet have a lower free shipping threshold amount. I believe it is free shopping over $65.

Last edited by Diavna; 07-04-2016 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:58 PM   #41  
Medifast Dieter

S/C/G: 237/.../169

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the information. I still have a ton of Medifast on hand, but when I get low I will need a new resource. I am very disappointed with what Medifast has turned into. No customer support. No online support forums (not really). No new products. They want everyone to be a coach and the prices have increased by 25%. Just awful.

Last edited by ginamay28; 07-21-2016 at 04:00 PM.
ginamay28 is offline   Reply With Quote