Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:00 PM   #1  
Losing it :)

S/C/G: 175/149.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Jorge Cruise 3 hour diet meals

My parents have been doing diet meal delivery for a year and love it. So, I am thinking of doing this but sure which company to go with. There are so many choices. Has anyone tried the 3 hour diet meals? These LOOK the best but are expensive.
shaykha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:10 PM   #2  
it's always something

Yes! I'll have a review on the main site in a week or two. So far they are the best of all the ones I've tried and I've tried most of them. I'm a very picky eater, so I chose their more expensive version since it offered more foods that I knew I'd enjoy. You can go through the order process to see what all is available, then back out if you want the other plan. I am a vegetarian, but I"m not a die-hard veg and will eat meat if I have to. So I chose most of their seafood selections, some meatless selections, and even an Asian duck salad. I had lobster one night! Everything was really good. The breakfasts were also especially delicious. I took a lot of notes so I could try to duplicate some of the recipes

One of the main things I liked about this (other than the fresh quality) was the fact you can choose your meals from a large selection, instead of accepting a set menu each week.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:59 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I think I must be the biggest cheapskate in the world I thought JC was expensive at 85/week for food.... I don't think I could ever rationalize such a thing to DH...

"I'm going to serve you burnt rice, beans and a piece of chicken while I eat this lobster"

It does look interesting though and for people who eat out a lot, it seems like a viable option.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:19 PM   #4  
Losing it :)

S/C/G: 175/149.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Lol....yea I think I may have trouble trying to rationalize that to my husband.

Suzanne...I'm so glad you have tried this! Out of all of the meal delivery services I have looked at, JC looked the best. I hate seafood but at least I can pick and choose what I want. I like that flexibility.
shaykha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:01 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

Oh my, that is AWFUL! I'm so sorry you had a bad time with them. Another option (if you want to try that specific food), is to try eDiets. Their food is manufactured by the exact same place that the 3 Hour Diet uses (and their snacks are way better ). I've dealt with eDiets for years and have never had issues with customer service. The only downside to them is that you can order anything online, but you have to cancel via telephone. Sorta like the phone company!

And you could even buy a la carte, for testing sake, directly from the maker at www.purfoods.com .

Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope your next one will be better!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #6  
it's always something

We love BistroMD, we tried them last year. I hope you enjoy them!

Often, the price of delivery depends on how far away you are.

I'd give anything to use Healthy Chef Creations but the delivery was too expensive for me. Diet to Go, on the other hand, was just $19 shipping to my area because they are not very far away.

I don't understand the cancellation fee, though, I don't remember seeing anything like that in the order terms of service
Old 07-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

Oooooh, Fresh Dining looks great! Too bad I am far, far away! If they had one around here, they'd have things like grits, and lowfat soup beans.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:21 PM   #8  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlynn50 View Post
that the emails ended up going to my junk mailbox and I was never told that could happen.
Anything can land in your junk folder, it's up to your email program and not the sender. Unfortunately, we have a lot of email from 3FC that ends up in junk folders, such as password email It's because some email programs, like Hotmail, think auto-generated email is spam, even if it isn't. I always check my junk folder in case anything important landed there by mistake. It doesn't really save much time

Fresh Dining looks great! I think there are several diet meal delivery services in California that sound heavenly! We aren't that lucky on this side of the country.