Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:57 AM   #1  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

Question Considering eDiets Deliciously Yours~Any advice?

It seems that this program is pretty reasonably priced...about $18 per day, which includes shipping. I was on Jenny Craig before and you had to buy salad, veggies, etc.

It says that on this program they give you 3 meals and a snack per day, and if I remember correctly, that was how JC was too. But with JC you got to eat 3 snacks per day (yogurt and fruit). Does anyone know if I can do that too on the DY program? If so, how much extra food do I have to buy at the grocery store? Also, if you've done the eDiets~DY program and you got off it and switched, what did you switch to and why?

Thanks for your input!
BabyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:06 PM   #2  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Well, I set up my order today!!!!! It will be coming on Jan 10th. I can't wait! In the meantime I bought some Lean Cuisines to hold me over.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #3  
it's always something

Yay! Please let us know how you like it eDiets meals are made by PurFoods which we had a good experience with, in flavor and quality. The only complaints I've heard have been related to customer service. Sometimes you may request a substitution and not get it - that sort of thing. We'd love to hear about your experience
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #4  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
Yay! Please let us know how you like it eDiets meals are made by PurFoods which we had a good experience with, in flavor and quality. The only complaints I've heard have been related to customer service. Sometimes you may request a substitution and not get it - that sort of thing. We'd love to hear about your experience
Absolutely!!!!! I can't wait to try it! As for customer service...I have a pretty strong personality, so I usually get what I want!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #5  

Hi,

Just ordered ediets DY also, starting date Jan12, I guess we are starting together. good luck
oseybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:53 PM   #6  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oseybaby View Post
Hi,

Just ordered ediets DY also, starting date Jan12, I guess we are starting together. good luck
GREAT! We can start together!!!! Make sure to come back to this thread and give me updates and I will do the same. K?
Old 01-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #7  

definately, it seems so far away though, I wish they would deliver it sooner.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:41 PM   #8  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oseybaby View Post
definately, it seems so far away though, I wish they would deliver it sooner.
Great! I know, I can't wait!
Old 01-09-2008, 06:38 PM   #9  
Lose Weight in 2008!

I actually got my food today!!! I noticed that they had to substitute 4 things, which I wasn't too crazy about. But, I decided to try one of the meals tonight. I had 2 large pieces of sliced ham, two pretty big hash browns, and some veggies. I wasn't crazy about the veggies, so next time I'll make my own green beans, but overall I would say the meal was excellent! It didn't taste like "diet" food at all!!!! I was so impressed that I got to eat such a big portion for only 310 calories! So far, so good!

Here's a pic of my meal. It's from their site, but it looks just like this!

Old 01-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #10  
I'm ready, I'm ready!

S/C/G: 203.5/see ticker/155

Height: 5'4"

I'm so glad to find this thread!

I'm thinking about trying it once my DH deploys in a couple weeks. I'll have to keep checking this thread for food reviews!

Just a question, can I specify foods I don't want? I don't like cheese....

Good luck!!!!!!!!
alanadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #11  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanadoodle View Post
I'm so glad to find this thread!

I'm thinking about trying it once my DH deploys in a couple weeks. I'll have to keep checking this thread for food reviews!

Just a question, can I specify foods I don't want? I don't like cheese....

Good luck!!!!!!!!
Yes, you get to choose the foods that you want. But, if they happen to be out, they will send you a substitution. That happened with 3 meals already!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #12  
Lose Weight in 2008!

I had two great meals today. The apple raspberry muffin is delicious and so is the slamm'n ham and cheese sandwich. What I didn't like was the Chicken Vesuvio. It had NO TASTE! I won't be ordering that again.

Then I realized that they didn't send me two meals!!!! I called the customer service line and she was very nice! She credited my account immediately and gave me her direct line if I need anything in the future. Her name was Susan. I hope I don't have to use her again, though.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/171/130

Height: 5'6"

I actually just started this program for the second time... Some of the food is exceptionally good... I love the turkey chili and the spaghetti, and the california breakfast. The muffins taste good, but I have a hard time choking them down for some reason. I just don't feel like there's a lot of variety.... I've been afraid to try nutrisystem because it's all prepackaged... *sigh* Last night, I had the beef steak with brown rice and brocoli, which was pretty good. I just really wish they would have more meals to choose from. I only did it two weeks before, and I'm just really worried that i'll find that I dislike more things, so I'll end up eating the same thing all the time.
KelinQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/171/130

Height: 5'6"

Also... my box was a disaster this time, which didn't happen the previous two shipments. My vegetable soup was upside down and had leaked all over everything
KelinQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #15  

got my shipment today, tomorrow is my start date. Some items had gone bad, like the turkey wrap and chicken with chick pea salad, threw those out immediately, some I felt were suspect, because the inner covering was puffed out, but I will wait and see on those. The ice park was melted in my case, I guess because I live in sunny weather . Some meal items looked ridiculously small, some looked not to bad, the hard boiled eggs, I don't know how I feel about eating pre-boiled eggs, but we will see. I hate dairy, so the diet cereal might be a bust for me. Anyways, I will get back on how I feel when I taste them. I also plan on trying DTG next to compare which one i will stick with. Good luck y'all