Old 05-16-2006, 06:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm feeling isolated

Hey guys.
I'm feeling some isolation today. I'm trying to figure it out. I know that part of it is because my sponsor was not at the meeting last night, and she wasn't home to recieve my call this morning. I was looking forward to talking with her. But that's not the whole thing. I made some outreach calls today, and talked with two fellow OA members. But, I finished both calls feeling alone instead of connected. I've been spending a great deal of time reading, doing assignments, and working another program as well. I've felt so close to God and so free until today. Writing that last sentence reminded me that my period started today. So, maybe it's just hormonal. I hope it's just hormonal--because that means it will pass quickly.
In the mean time...I want to climb under the covers and sleep until it's over. I guess that's better than wanting to go to the kitchen and eat until it's over.

Hope you guys are doing well. How's the job Jac? How are you doing Water?
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:44 PM   #2  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Cheer up now! You are soooooo not alone in this! Lift your head up and enjoy this beautiful day!!! {{{{}}}}
bep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:52 PM   #3  

(((Marny))) I am so proud of you for trying to reach out to other people instead of reaching for food! That is a major accomplishment. I am sending you lots of hugs and some prayers too Marny. I am sure that your period does have a lot to do with it. I start feeling that way around my period also. For example, I have an online group that I have been a part of for a long time and I love it there. EVERY month around my period I get to thinking that I should just ask to be deleted or what is the point of being a member there, or other things along that line. In a few days the feeling passes and I am so glad that I stayed! That probably does not help, but I want you to know that you are NOT alone! Try praying a bit about how you are feeling today and I know that will make you feel better! Big, big hugs to you Marny!

As for me, it has just been a very, very hectic couple of weeks. I am ready for some down time so that I can relax and come check in with all of you more often. I NEED you guys!
WaterWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:20 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Marny, I just wanted to send you a big hug, sweetie...
I'm very sure it's hormonal. I've only just learned to "give in" to those times, and to nurture myself through them. Please do the same for yourself, dear girl.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Thanks guys for your support. You are dearly appreciated. I'm feeling a bit better. My sponsor called me back, and I was able to talk through some stuff with her.
My poor husband. He came home, and after attempting a couple of conversations with me asked if I was mad at him... I said, "Nope. Just hormonal." He said, "Oh! Well in that case, I'll stay out of your way and I love you and you're beautiful." What a smart man...must be why I married him.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:57 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Marny, what a great DH you've got.
I hope today is better for you, hon.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote