Old 08-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252.2/220/200 1st goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Weighing In

Today is my birthday and my first weigh in since belonging to OA for about 6 weeks.
I stepped on the scaled, looked, sighed and wrote it on a piece of paper and put it immediately into my "God Box" knowing he will take it from here.
I hated the idea however it was the wt I expected but not the wt I hoped for. I needed to keep my committment and know weighing is only part of the OA Program, not THE program and it is an honesty thing with me because my mind does not register my true body image.
I also apologized to my body for mistreating it and vowed to do better.
I am doing ok, but not great.
Bumps...in the road that's me
Magic Flute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey there--

If you could make that number be the one you hoped for, but in return for it, go back to the insanity before program, would you make the trade?

I saw the doctor yesterday. Why does the doctor's scale always show 10 lbs heavier than my scale at home?????????????????????????????????????????????

I hate scales.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/137/137

Height: 5'7"

One of my sponsorees had a similar experience and she wrote a gratitude list of the things she has gained from her abstinence. It was a very powerful tool. I know that I give too much power to that silly number on the scale. Before coming to OA I focused on the areas of me and my life that need improving and I was miserable. The fellowship taught me to celebrate the good parts. Even though I am at my goal weight I still look at my belly (where I carry my weight) and feel disgusted at times. Now I try to remember to focus on the parts of my body I like. Even more so, I try to think about the spiritual and mental gifts I have received from my Higher Power. These are things that truely make me beautiful, to God and others. Good luck!!

Last edited by Krisana H; 08-12-2007 at 08:54 PM. Reason: make the message clearer to others
Krisana H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Hugs to you Bumps! As hard as it was to weigh in, it really sounds like you're taking it for what it's worth. Ultimately, it is a number and it does not define you or your success on this program. You're 6 weeks into it and that's a great accomplishment. Just imagine what that number might have been had you NOT started OA.

Happy Birthday to you as well! You share a birthday with my husband (wonderful people born on this day!). We were out celebrating all weekend.

I just hope you didn't let your scale experience get in the way of enjoying your day.
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 252.2/220/200 1st goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi All!
Thanks for your responses.
Marny the answer to your question is.." NO WAY". I feel so happy and light in my program and grateful for all of you. I hate scales too and my Dr.'s scale is exactly 10 pounds more than my as well.
I had a wonderful birthday, but to tell the truth I am glad it is over. This is a new year for me and I am a Senior now, but I feel younger.
Today, my head is swimming with stuff, I feel almost kinda goofy, like I can't think straight. Also I have not slept well for 2 nights, too hot and sticky even with the AC.
Bumps
Magic Flute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Bumps-
Glad to know that you had a great birthday.

I kinda like those goofy feeling days. It makes it easier for me to just let go of stuff and be more worry free.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote