Dukan Diet Support Part 3

You're on Page 6 of 32
Go to
  • Hello! Starting Dukan ...
    Hello all

I thought I would say a quick "hello" as I am starting the Dukan diet tomorrow. I have lost about 40 pounds and maintained over 4 years but every now and again I gain a bit and need to gain control once again.

I have never tried the Dukan and though it looked like a good choice since it was so cut and dry.

I will be checking in to see everyone's posts and also post how I am doing day by day.

Best,
  • Hi Michelle and Trenchie,
    Glad to see someone on here! I have spent most of my adult life trying to loose weight and am finally having sucesss! It really does work and I am happy to have someone to share it with
  • Today I hit the 30lbs lost mark , and in less than 3 months!!! Can hardly believe how good this way of eating works to take of the pounds
  • I have a quick question for those of you following the Dukan diet. I've lost 95 pounds since last fall following the Ideal Protein diet which I love. However, now that I'm down to my last 20 pounds, which I know can be difficult, the scale has slowed down to a crawl. I was looking at the Attack portion of the Dukan diet and I'm wondering if that might help me get these last pounds off? Of course I wouldn't stay on the Attack plan long enough to lose 20 pounds, but even if I did it for say 5 days or less do you think I might lose on that phase? My reserves are pretty well used up, so not much water retention left. Just wondering if I would lose much at all on this phase given that I've been on a diet for almost a year already?
  • Hi Dana,
    Wow 95lbs, you are a trooper! You should go to dukandiet.com and answer the questions to calculate how long it would take to loose that 20 lbs. I am a complete convert to Dukan. Because it's actually real food I feel like I can do this for as long as it takes. I had issues with IP and the whey content. I have a friend who did what you are suggesting and had great success. It seemed to jump start the loss again.
    Good Luck
  • locastella, I'm happy to see you have found success on this diet. I did go to the website, and found my true weight which initially I thought was too high. However after a great talk with my doctor this week , she helped me see that is a realistic weight number for me given my history. The website said I should be on the Attack phase for two days, the second phase till the end of October, and then all finished by the end of December. I've been doing boot camp on IP which has helped the scale move, but after almost two weeks on it, it's time for a break. I feel like I will be clawing my way to the finish line.
    Perhaps when I finish with boot camp I will give the attack phase a shot for two days and see how or if I lose. Thanks for your feedback and continued good luck with this diet.
  • newbie question
    hi all - just started the dukan diet 2 days ago and so far, so good. a couple questions that i can't find in the book:
    1. can we do fat-free, sugar-free pudding?
    2. sugar-free jello??
    3. any brand recommendations for fat-free, sugar-free yogurt?

Any help/suggestions are appreciated!
  • Quote: hi all - just started the dukan diet 2 days ago and so far, so good. a couple questions that i can't find in the book:
    2. sugar-free jello??

Hi Kaahess,
    I have had FF, SF pudding made with skim milk. I have read on the Facebook page that it is a no no tho. So I am not sure. Jello is a yes SF of course. As for yogurt I buy Kirkland brand Fat Free Plain Greek yogurt at Costco. It is very good and the price can't be beat.

Locastella
  • Quote: hi all - just started the dukan diet 2 days ago and so far, so good. a couple questions that i can't find in the book:
    2. sugar-free jello??

Yes on SF jello. No on SF pudding.

For yogurt, 0% Greek would be my #1 choice (sweetened with artificial sweetener and vanilla extract. I use stevia or splenda). I am trying to find Dannon Light and Fit Low Carb/Low Sugar yogurt but have to go to a neighbor city to get it. I plan to try to find it tomorrow.

I planned to start when I did my original post but slipped. I am on Day Two today though. I made the oat bran pancake with 1.5 T oat bran, 1/2 c. egg whites and a couple tablespoons of Greek yogurt and it was really good!
  • I borrowed the Dukan Diet book from the library. I was reading on the phases, so the first phase you only eat lean meats & sugar-free yogurt???

Edit: I haven't started reading the book, I only read bits and pieces on website reviews.

Edit 2: Ok, so I did more research and it sounds good. Lean meats, eggs & fat-free dairy products. I think it's worth reading
  • Hi Sophie!

I like the lower-fast approach to this low carb diet. I don't do well on the high saturated fat (e.g. skin on meat, pork bacon) + low carb

I am on my 5th day of it but have added 100 cals of regular oatmeal today (for breakfast) and I have been eating almonds 1x day, avocado and light string cheese.

What I loved is that eliminating all of the processed carbs and sugar has really gotten my appetite/cravings under control. The plan is so cut and dry as well.

Have you read The South Beach Diet? I think it's a good one too. I always use these plans to get me back under control when I gain some weight (I am in maintenance but have blips from time to time ;-)
  • Started Dukan today. It hasnt been to bad today. I am sure that in a few dAys it will get tough, carbs are my down fall. Wish me luck.
  • Quote: Started Dukan today. It hasnt been to bad today. I am sure that in a few dAys it will get tough, carbs are my down fall. Wish me luck.
    Good Luck
  • hi everyone..
    Hi guys..

My names kerrie i'm new (ish) to the dukan diet. I did try it before a yr or more ago but i only did the attack phase for 5 days before a birthday and lost 6 pounds which was great but i regret not sticking on the plan. Anyhow i'm back on it now.. currently on day 3 of the attack phase ... its going well i find this diet very easy to follow anyway no headaches or tiredness in fact i feel more energetic than i would normally be. I love the natural yogurt an eat it with oatbran to fill me up. I'm not a fan of eggs but i did buy them as i dont mind the odd one but cant eat them every day having them scrambled seems to be the most edible for me lol. I haven't had the pancake galette yet i might try it tomorrow. I did try it once before and didnt really like it. I think because the taste of egg was still coming through strong but i will try it with the yogurt and some cinnemon

Best of luck to you all! I'm glad i've joined this forum i think its great to motivate each other Would love to know how you guys are getting on with the diet? any tips tricks recipes for me?

Kerrie x
  • Hi everyone,
    A huge welcome to michelle, kaahess, sopie, niki and kerrie, it's wonderful to see new faces on the forum.

I haven't written for quite a while mainly because I've been extremely busy at work and also I probably don't have much to report any more but I do look in every now and then and am excited to see new people starting out.

I started at the end of Jan 12 and have lost 19kg's (42 pounds) and am now in the permanent stabilzation phase. I've been the same weight for the last 3 months and am finding it quite easy to maintain.

It is the easiest diet I've even been on (and like most people, I've tried a few) and can thoroughly recommend it.

Kerrie, I wasn't a fan of the oatbran galette either so I invented my own version of pancakes, and they are abosulutely scrumptious and best of all because you're only using egg whites, there's absolutely no egg aftertaste at all. If you're interested, here's how I make them

Before starting to make them, place a non-stick pan on very low heat to start heating up.

Lightly whisk 2 egg whites and then mix in
    1 tablespoon reduced fat ricotta,
    1 tablespoon oat bran
    1 tablespoon powedered skimmed milk
    sweetener to taste (I use Stevia)
    few drops of vanilla essence

Whisk well and allow to stand for a couple of minutes

When pan is warm, add a couple of drops of oil and wipe off with kitchen paper.
    Lightly whisk again to make sure oatbran hasn't settled on botton and then pour into pan, either three or four pancakes and cook for approx 3 minutes before turning but please keep on eye on them as they burn very easily. Cook a further 2 minutes.

Serve with some sugar free maple flavoured syrup, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a generous dollop of vanilla yoghurt (or any flavour you like)

I use the egg yolks for mixing into rissoles or muffins etc.

Keep up the good work everyone, it's really worth it and if you have any questions at all, please ask.

Cheers,
    Anna