Old 02-24-2017, 05:27 PM   #1  

Post servings sizes of food

Hello Everyone

I have been trying to keep track of what I am eating as well as weighing everything that I eat.

I have been reading all the information on what a serving of each type of food is. However, when it comes to fruits and vegetables things are as clear as to exactly what a serving weighs.
I have found information that states:
Vegetables
A standard serve of vegetables is 75 grams or:
 ½ cup cooked green or orange vegetables (for example, broccoli, spinach, carrots or pumpkin)
 ½ cup cooked dried or canned beans, peas or lentils
 1 cup leafy or raw salad vegetables
 ½ cup sweet corn
 ½ medium potato or other starchy vegetables (sweet potato, taro or cassava)
 1 medium tomato

Which is fine, but I weigh all of my food and I will be darned if I can find information anywhere that states exactly what a cup of a leafy green weighs (such as raw spinach, kale, romaine, cabbage). What is considered to be the weight of a medium tomato, potato or any other fruit or vegetable. What is a serving size for spaghetti squash and things like that. It does seem to get a bit confusing when it comes to these foods

I really want to make sure that I am recording these foods correctly as well as making sure I am getting all of my servings of fruits and vegetables each day.

As I stated, I do weigh everything that I put onto my plate and would greatly appreciate any information that anyone might have or if anyone would know where I can find this type of information.

Thanks So Very Much
lnjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'10"

This is almost two months late, and I can't directly answer your question with the numbers you want. But, if you haven't found the weights yet, might I suggest measuring out a serving of vegetables and then weighing it yourself? Maybe weigh a few different servings of the same vegetable and, if they weigh something different, take the average. Then, you can use that number as the standard you're looking for.
Keika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:38 PM   #3  

Interesting information to know and to compare on my own. Let's see the results.
MerellBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:04 AM   #4  

That's interesting. I follow!
royalscvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:28 PM   #5  

The general rule is the plate rule. The main thing today is to make sure you eat not more than a plate. And after you started to do so it became a habit.
HellyBright is offline   Reply With Quote