Old 09-20-2010, 03:02 PM   #16  
Suicide Wing Winner

S/C/G: 135/98/105

Height: 5'5"

I used to become nauseous after taking a multivitamin, until I stared taking Liquid Softgel multivitamins.
Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #17  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

I have the same problem - I tend to take vitamins at night, right before bed and that seems to work better for me~
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:13 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 211/211/115

Height: 5'4"

I have this problem with One a day, Centrum, and a few others. For me, it isn't the iron. I tend to be low. The nausea is by far the worst I've ever experienced though. I took children's for the longest time, but picked up Solaray Spectro from Whole Foods Market at the suggestion of a friend. It's a lot of capsules to take, but they don't make me feel even the slightest bit ill. Six capsules - I do split them up and take 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening.
ohmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #19  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

This happens to me too! It's the iron!!

I was taking one-a-day for women. Switched to the Target brand generic form of Centrum Silver for men (nevermind that I'm a 24 year old lady). It has no iron and has proved to be SO MUCH BETTER.

Check it out, they're cheap!
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

It was happening to me too, I actually ate breakfast, took my vitamins, went to gas up the car and ended up vomiting into the garbage can by the gas pumps - charming - I went and got some vitamins at the Health Food Store - 2 reasons 1) less fillers 2) if I saved the receipt I could return them if they made me sick. They don't bother me at all - it's often not the iron but the non-medicinal non-vitamin stuff that they put in regular vitamins. WELL worth the extra money for fancy vitamins and supplements Good Luck!

Last edited by Tea Granny; 01-25-2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: typos
Tea Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 175/165/129

Height: 5'3"

JenMusic, I can HIGHLY recommend Source of Life vitamins. I take the "mini tabs" which are smaller than the standard ones which makes them easier for me to swallow. I have an extremely sensitive stomach and prior to these vitamins, medications, etc. always made me nauseous. Here's a little blurb about them:

Source of LifeŽ is an incredible nutritional breakthrough which emulates nature's wholesome goodness with a powerful blend of nutrients. With its powerful, revitalizing, energy-giving ingredients, Source of LifeŽ is no ordinary multi-vitamin. And, with Source of LifeŽ, you will experience a "Burst of Energy" and "The Feeling of Nutritional Well-Being." Source of LifeŽ has a perfect blend of vitamins, minerals, lipids, bioflavonoids, enzymes, plant pigments, amino acids, nucleic acids and herbs. Whole brown rice, spirulina, bee pollen, young barley leaves, sunflower oil, carrots and black currant seeds are other ingredients which offer the most health-giving, life-supporting nutrients. All these have been ingeniously combined in this formula to create powerful, synergistic effects that will result in a "Burst of Energy" you'll want to experience every day!

You can get these at any most any health food store. Also, if you visit the company's website sourceoflife dot com you can request a free sample, which may be a good way to see if they will work for you. BTW, I also have my daughter on the Source of Life Power Teen vitamins and my son takes the children's chewables. It's a great product.

Last edited by Kimberly2011; 01-25-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Kimberly2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:07 PM   #22  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

I use Rainbow Light vitamins from Target. They don't have the coating over them and the coating is what makes people nauseous most of the time. I used to get stomachaches from certain multi-vitamins, but I've been perfectly fine after using these.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:45 AM   #23  
Excited Runner

S/C/G: 180/170/101

Height: 5' 3"

JenMusic I too had that problem, until my sister told me that I needed to eat food and digest it 1st before taking my vitamins, so now after eating, I wait about 30 minutes before taking my vitamins. This has helped me a lot.
Cucumber Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #24  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I take the gummy vitamins for adults- no problems with nausea or anything.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

I cannot believe that no one has mentioned this at this point.... GUMMY VITAMINS!!! I always get sick if I try to take a multivitamin... so I switched to Vitacrave ADULT gummies... they aren't just for kids! I also have chocolate chews for calcium/vitamin D and Vitamin B-12 gummies for when I need energy or need to prevent a hangover, haha.
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #26  

I also take the gummy vitamins and a calcium chew, along with a green tea capsule when I remember. I also experienced near-vomiting amount of nausea after taking pill form multivitamins, not to mention the way they taste when you're trying to swallow them. Ugh.
jhinako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
I use Rainbow Light vitamins from Target. They don't have the coating over them and the coating is what makes people nauseous most of the time. I used to get stomachaches from certain multi-vitamins, but I've been perfectly fine after using these.
I order Rainbow Light online. My doctor and nutritionist both said that the nausea comes from synthetic vitamins (One A Day, Centrum, etc) and that food-based vitamins are gentler on the stomach. I used to vomit from the synthetics until I switched to food-based over a year ago. I haven't had any problems since.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote