Old 04-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #16  
The Scrambled Egg

S/C/G: 247/236.8/147

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by materialgirl21 View Post
congrats! I'm on day 2
Hi materialgirl!! Welcome!! Glad that there's another one on board here!!

I am on track so far....it's an adjustment but I am definitely going to try to get myself to a healthier place and it sure makes it easier having a few to take the journey with me!!

Trying to figure how to add the tapemeasure on the signature bar is going to be my goal for today!!

Any pointers would be appreciated!! LOL

~ Ivory
Ivorygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 187/171/125

Height: 5'4''

Hi Ivory,
You have to have been a member for at least 20 days to get a ticker...once you have been on for that long, you'll be able to edit your signature

Sounds like you're doing great so far!
primaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:18 PM   #18  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Ivory! I was reading your posts earlier and it sounds that focusing on your diet first of all is a reasonable approach. There are concerns about losing muscle and fat, but WW is planned so that if you lose 1-2 lbs per week, this is slow enough so that you will lose fat and not muscle. When you are a bit lighter, you will most likely have less pain in your back/joints and be able to get walking. But I do agree that exercise is very important especially in the maintenance phase of this program.
Hope things are well for you, ms materialgirl and also for you, ready2bthin! It helps to view this as a lifestyle change and not a diet, in order to, well, keep up the enthusiasm!
Keep checking in!
Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 04-17-2009 at 08:19 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #19  
The Scrambled Egg

Thanks Prima for that info.....I guess I have another week or so left before I can have the ticker. That will be nice!!

Still doing okay.....it was actually not as bad as I thought it would be. I was amazed that I could have a Panera bread bagel with reduced fat cream cheese (that counted for my breakfast/lunch) And for dinner I had a NY Strip, a red bliss potato and lots of broccoli!! LOL!!! I love the animated veggies around here!!

I still have some points left and hubby went out and got me a bunch of WW desserts to take care of that sweet tooth that will be erupting later on this evening!!

Kira....thanks so much for the encouragement....I want to get out there and exercise but I don't want to pay for it. My yellow lab misses our walks so it will be a big treat if we can get back to that. I am glad to see that someone understands my plan.

Okay...where is ready2bthin??? I apologize if I am hijacking your thread....I just figured it would be nice to stick around and have one place to check in for now!!

I like this....hey does anybody know where I can get a copy of the daily trackers to keep online.....it'll make life easier for me if I had a tool like that.

Thanks again for all the info....this place is GREAT!! ~ Ivory
Old 04-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #20  
The Scrambled Egg

Okay ladies I am on Day #4 and still alive and tickin'!!! I still have to find a scale and won't be able to get a weight down to the nearest .2lb reading...I guess for the first week I will use this numerical scale and then readjust. I am going to order one online and hopefully have it by my second weigh in but hope that the weight adjustments won't be too off.

Anyway....I really like the plan so far....still getting use to measurements and trying to stay ahead of the hunger and use all of my points as well as those extra 35 points.

I read somewhere that for every 10 lbs you lose you minus a point??? Is that true??? And I don't know what to do about those activity points....I guess they get into that in the second week but I don't expect to be able to add much because of my inability to do much exercise.

I am doing some calesthetics in the hot tub every other day which I am hoping will allow me to build my muscles up enough to take on some more outside of the tub. But I can't do too much or I risk being totally bedridden so I am not going to overdo things.

Well, Chickies....report in and let me know how you're all doing. I am going to check in over at the April Weigh In thread and see what that's all about.

(((HUGS))) ~ Ivory
Old 04-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

What an awesome thread and so mnay new and motivated chickies! Hoping everyone is having a great first week so far. Sorry I'm finding the thread a little late.

Ivory: Every time you drop into the next decade you lose a point. WW is designed so that you loose slowly, but as there is less of you then you have to eat less to maintain the loses. So kind of a mixed blessing, you are loosing pounds but points as well. There are lots of lower point choices out there and you can always eat extra 0 point veggies so that all works out in the end. I see it as a process. We eat maybe more pointy stuff when we start and end with more zero point foods that are healthier in the end. I know i seem to always be increasing my veggies.
I also try to make something tasty every week that is low points to fill in. This week it is a stew, veggies and low sodium chicken bollion cubes. A tasty way to get those veggies in and keep the points low.
Also we all really look at the scales for feedback, but I like to have something around that is really tight and try it on once a week and see it start fitting and once it fits get something else and do it as well. Sometimes the scale is not as kind as the clothes. It helps me to stay motivated.

Last edited by Ciarra; 04-20-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 210/189.6/143

Height: 5'4"

Everything is going well on my end so far. My husband and I bought some new cookbooks (Biggest Loser Family Cookbook, Hungry Girl 200 Under 200, and I think he picked one of the Cooking Light ones), and we're trying some new recipes this week. I am super-motivated! Glad to hear others are doing well, too!
Scoutieout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #23  

congrats. I am doing it at home and WW is a healthy lifestyle. Remember it is not a diet. You can still have choices, it is about making healthy ones and being balanced. I am on day three and the main thing is to track track track.
chilichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #24  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

i agree with chilichick!
tracking is the main thing
i've only been on for a week now but i find tracking has made such a huge difference! It kind of makes you think twice about your food choices.
"hmmm that strawberry shortcake snack is only 3 points but i could have a cup and a half of strawberries for 1!"
and it makes you accountable for what you eat. You can't "choose to forget" that extra cup of rice you ate.
my favourite part about it though is that i don't feel hungry

Good luck and stick to it, it'll be amazing!!!
and plus 3FC makes it so much easier too!
kk140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 220.6/213.2/145

Height: 5'4

I'm starting my 4th week and I need to track. If I don't then I get completely off track and forget what I ate and when that happens I have to say thank goodness for those 35 extra points per week. I'm getting better and getting the hang of it. Good luck everyone and stay motivated.
rowan108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:55 AM   #26  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

ready2Bthin,

Hi there, I am Ashley. I am on week 3 back. I have lost before with WW, but after two children, and losing my youngest, my daughter, Arianna last October I am back with a vengence. I do it at home on my own as well since we're overseas via the military and there are no meeting, so if you ever want to chat or ask me anything - just message me here. I have a son who will be 2 in August and so I made my goal for his 3rd birthday, while we have to lose for ourselves, children are a good motivation as well.

You can do this, rooting for ya,
Ashley
ASH0424 is offline   Reply With Quote