Old 10-23-2008, 06:49 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 254/183/136

Height: 5'2"

I agree that you need to eat your points and even try the Wendie plan. But I also agree with kaplods....see your doctor. Your health is so important! In reality that is why we are all doing this.
Good luck and please let us know how all of these tips work for you.
-Phil
philadelphiab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:12 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 263/191/135

Height: 5'6"

Definitely agree about eating more - that is why the extra points are there! Enjoy them
ladyscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

well, thank you everyone!! I will keep you posted, I will be weighing in Saturday morning, then from there, I will start a new week, of using points and "extra" points and more than likely trying the wendie plan because I think my body is just used to the same ol calories day in day out and needs a change...like maybe a pizza!! haha just kidding...sort of! Thanks girls, I will keep you posted for sure! I love all this support its so helpful...

JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:42 PM   #19  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

If it would make you more comfortable, you could talk to the WW staff. Make it clear you're not eating the extra points, you're not losing and it's been recommended you eat them. I'm sure they'll agree that's probably the reason you're not losing.

Best wishes.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:17 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi there! I do the Wendie plan - and have been following it since I started WW. I must say that I am a firm believer in this way of eating - I have consistently lost almost every week that I have been on the plan - the exceptions were two weeks - one when I was out of town and did not count points, another when I was super busy and stressed with a project and didn't count points (see the similarities ).

I tend to lose anywhere from 1-3 lbs a week on the Wendie Plan.

I started my weigh loss journey in July '08 and have dropped over 40 lbs now. I still have a way to go, but the Wendie plan is definately working for me.

Good luck at your WI
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:53 AM   #21  

Well, everyone thanks so much once again for your input, it really helped me get through my week, and I lost a grand total of 3.2 pounds!!!! I used my flex points and some activity points, so that must have been my problem!! Happy Weekend everyone!! I think I am going to try the Wendie Plan and I have a good feeling that it will work for me!
Old 10-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #22  
GmaTo8

Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyG View Post
Well, everyone thanks so much once again for your input, it really helped me get through my week, and I lost a grand total of 3.2 pounds!!!! I used my flex points and some activity points, so that must have been my problem!! Happy Weekend everyone!! I think I am going to try the Wendie Plan and I have a good feeling that it will work for me!
Outstanding! I'm not doing Weight Watchers, but I'm considering doing something along the lines of Wendie's Plan.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:08 PM   #24  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulations.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:30 PM   #25  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Also keep in mind that some people frequently or occasionally seem to lose only every couple weeks or so. It's like the body holds onto it and dumps it all at once. Now what I think is happening is that the fat is breaking down, but it just isn't being flushed from the body quickly, or maybe a little water retention the body is using for that or some other purpose is hiding the "real" loss.

I'm not a linear loser. Many times I've become discouraged because the scale didn't seem to be reflecting my hard work, and then bang I'd be down several pounds. There seems to be two successful methods for coming to terms with the fickle scale. Weighing only once a week or even once a month; or weighing daily or even several times a day to become familiar with normal fluctuations. For me the latter worked best. I found out that my weight fluctuates so wildly day to day, that the specific weight means nothing, only the average. What I do even now, is weigh daily, but only count my Monday weigh-in. Even if the Monday weigh-in is randomly higher, I know that next Monday should reflect the "real" loss I've been seeing on the scale. I could average the week's weigh-ins instead (and I used to), but I don't worry about the math of it all as much as I used to. I'm just pluggin' along at my tortoise's pace.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:19 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

And then there are those times you lose all week long, and then shoot up special for Monday . Fun times.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:28 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 254/183/136

Height: 5'2"

That is wonderful JennyG! I am so happy for you!

Kaplods, I do the same thing! I weigh myself everyday. I only count my Monday weigh in and I no longer get freaked out if I am up on Monday because clearly my weight loss is the "two steps forward one step back" variety but that is still forward. I am doing this for the long haul so if it takes me 2-3 years to lose it all, I know that I will. Meanwhile, I revel in the successes along the way rather than focus solely on the final goal.

-Phil
philadelphiab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #28  

Yeah, I used to way daily, I found it way to frustrating, so I threw out the scale, and figure since I pay 15 dollars to let someone weigh me, I might as well use that method. Thanks again everyone! Phil I just noticed your sooooo close to onderland!! Congrats, I can't wait to see under 200, that'll be a day to celebrate!! Keep up the good work everyone, we will succeed!! and Remember "Determination Today Leads To Success Tomorrow"

Old 10-26-2008, 01:05 PM   #29  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

And then there are those times you lose all week long, and then shoot up special for Monday. Fun times.

That's exactly why I weigh daily. If I've shot up for Monday and only weigh on Monday, I think "how on earth did I gain or stay the same when I've watched so carefully this week." However, if I'm weighing daily, and Monday is a fluke, even though it's my "official" weight for the week, I still feel pretty confident that is it is a fluke, and probably just temporary water gain.

In the back of my mind, I always need to remember that I am a person, not a number. I think if I had ever lost as slowly in my twenties as I'm doing now, I'd have gone stark raving bonkers. It feels so crazy, that if I had only been happy with my rate of weight loss (which was amazing, I just didn't know it at the time), I would have reached my goal decades ago.

Impatience, with myself and my progress, that has been my enemy all these years, not the fat.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote