Old 06-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

Default WHOA 0 point bread?!?

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong here. i ran over to the store and picked up some Nature's Own Double Fiber Wheat Bread:

Calories 50 for 1 slice
Fat .5
Fiber 5

How is that possible? Obviously, for 2 slices it would be more
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:00 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

You're not doing anything wrong. The fiber content brings the points down to 0 for one slice. However, if you eat a second, it becomes 1 point for both. Same thing with WW brand bread. Fiber One cereal is similar in that for a 1/2 cup it's 0 points due to the fiber, but if you eat more it starts counting as 1.

There is a buffer built into the plan to offset your inclusion of 0 point foods and vegetables.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

yeah but still ONE POINT FOR TWO PIECES!!

so exciting. i also just found a salad a panera for 3 points (strawberry poppyseed)

i need to get back on track. i've been naughty. i stumbled upon the ZERO POINT BREAD while buying peanut butter and jelly. oopies!
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #4  

Yeah, I only get the 1 point for 2 slices bread now, whether it's the Nature's Own, the WW, the Pepperidge Farm Light... there are a couple brands that work out that way. I love it, it makes it easier to justify the peanut butter points necessary for a pb&j sandwich
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I've got to say that I like the Arnold Double Fiber bread because it is THICK. 1 point for 1 slice, but if you eat 2 slices it will cost you 3.5 points. I usually just have one... yum!!!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

I totally understand your excitement! I ran across Village Hearth bread and it is also 1 pt for 2 slices! Being a former bread eater at every meal with lots of butter... ahem, I was really missing the bread. Now I don't feel so deprived!
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Yes those carbs are yummy, but can get me into trouble, all about moderation, but it is nice to have a wrap or a slice or two of toast, and have some good tasting options, and low pts options.

Like today I went to the store, craving a bagel, a real bagel, so I bought just one, and it did not thrill me, so I just tossed it out after just one tiny bite. If I was going to spend the pts, I wanted to make sure it was worth losing them. The old me would of say this is the worst bagel, as I was finishing up the last morsel. Just wanted to share,
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

I had been getting lite breads that only came to 1 point for 2 slices. But last night at our one small local grocer, the Arnold Double Fiber was significantly cheaper ($2.50 instead of $3.89 or something) so I got that. I figure I can go with just 1 slice while I have it, especially since it's bulkier than the lite stuff anyway.

One thing I love with WW is that I can do breads. Made myself a breakfast sandwich today with a 100-cal English muffin (1 pt), 1 egg + 1 egg white cooked up omelet-style with cooking spray (2 pts), melted a slice of reduced fat cheddar (2 pts) on it, and topped it with a Tbsp. or so of salsa (0). Added a cup of veggie juice (another 1 pt, I think). Yeah, it was 6 pts spent on breakfast, but I think I do a better job of sticking to plan if I have a more filling breakfast.

I'll have to check out that Nature's Own bread, though.

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I too love the WW Nature's Own bread since I love sandwiches. Take after my Daddy. I am learning to eat them with mustard for 0 pts (sometimes I don't eat it plain) and 1 slice of 98% FF ham 1pt for a 2pt sandwich isn't bad. Once in a while I put a slice of 1 or 2 pt cheese on it. Having been a lowcarber for years who really missed my sandwiches this is great now that I do WW. This also works with Whole Wheat Flatwraps that are 1 pt for a quick snack. I love WW Flex.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:49 PM   #10  

If 1 slice is 1 point why would 2 slices be 3.5 pts.? Also, since the 0 veg. are 0 points, can we load up on as much of those as we want?

Tracey
BTW, I am new to this.
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:06 AM   #11  
GmaTo8

Hi Tracey,

Welcome to Weight Watchers!

Sometime when you double a portion, the calories and/or fat numbers increase just enough to throw it into a points range that more than doubles. There is a fiber cap at 4, which makes a lot of difference, too. Zero point veggies are always 0 points. Eat all you like.

Zero points bread, jello, frozen treats, etc. however, must be counted as one point after 3 servings a day. (If this has changed, someone please correct me. I do WW at home.)

Last edited by Jane; 06-28-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:12 AM   #12  
3.14.10 Bride to Be

S/C/G: 316.4/311.6/200

If you like that bread, try the Healthy Life whole wheat... 35 calories/slice .25 grams of fat and 3 grams of fiber
Naytally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:13 PM   #13  

I'm also a fan of the Arnold Double Fiber bread. I feel like it fills me up more. As far as wraps go I've been eating Mission Tortilla Carb Balance. (At least, I think that's what they're called.) One tortilla is about 200 calories 4.5 grams of fat, and 21 grams of fiber. They're 4 points, but completely worth it. With that much fiber I feel full for a long long time.

Naytally, I absolutely love your avatar! lol
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:17 PM   #14  
3.14.10 Bride to Be

S/C/G: 316.4/311.6/200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fat2jump View Post
Naytally, I absolutely love your avatar! lol
Haha everyone seems to love it
Naytally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:08 PM   #15  
weight watching

I have a question about point counting for 2 slices of bread. I understand what Jane posted (that the fiber points make a difference) BUT... if I eat one slice of bread at breakfast, it's 1 point. If I eat one slice of bread at lunch, it's 1 point. Two points for the two slices.

What are the rules for counting multiple servings? Do most of you count the whole meal? If it's a recipe -- macaroni and cheese -- is counted as one dish, but if you have a chicken breast, 2 vegetables, 1/2 cup of rice, each item is counted separately, is it not?

I don't mean I want to play games with the plan but just have an idea what people are doing. (And apologies if this should have been its own thread. I haven't been around here much and don't know the rules )
Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote