Old 04-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #1  

Default Boy did i ever blow it yesterday,

Met with some friend's for lunch, and i know i ate more than i should have, but had some fp to spare, After i got home tom thought it was a good time to show up (always make me laugh my hb name is also tom). Than OMG i ate way over my fp, thing's like a bunch of almond's and smart one's desert's grapes and a bag of lf popcorn.

What i don't understand is i can go for month's and i'll be fine during tom and than BAM i lose it, funny thing is when this happen's i'm not really hungery at all i just want to eat,and i do this knowing i will have to be on the dreadmill for at least 2 hr's today. Does this ever happen to any of you? Well off to the dreadmill.
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Sometimes I get in that "snack attack" mode. If that happens I generally try to get my butt OUT of the kitchen, since I can't eat if I don't have food in my hands. I'll do something that will keep me focused away from food - like playing a video game or knitting. You could even try putting up a physical barrier between you and the kitchen, like hang a rope across the doorway. Then you have something that can actually prevent you from going in to grab snacks that you don't want or need.

You sound like you're starting to see your exercise as punishment in response to a certain behavior (eating more than planned). Exercising to excess in order to compensate for extra calories is not generally recommended, especially because if you're not properly prepared for a lot of exercise you can end up hurting yourself. It's also important to find exercise you enjoy doing if you want it to be something you can do forever. Is there something you can do aside from the treadmill? Or even mix it up a little and do treadmill plus something else like yoga or floor exercises?

Anyway, I'm just a little concerned about the exercise-as-punishment vibe I got from your post.... Please take care of yourself!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:31 AM   #3  

Sorry, can't offer much advice but I can join you in the "been there, done that" category -- there were weeks I used my extra 35 flex points in two days -- I'm still tackling that "gotta eat it all" every month but I'm working on drinking more water, limiting the munchie snacks in the house during that time and getting more exercise -- I'm with the previous poster -- try not to ever make exercise a punishment -- one bad day really won't kill your weight loss but getting sick of exercise will
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:33 AM   #4  

Hiya

I agree with the idea of exercise being a punishment can be a bad thing. If you find it hard right now, just think about it 6 months from now! Time to mix it up!

I always hated exercise but since I joined Curves I really enjoy it and actually look forward to going. I hope you can find something you enjoy too.

As far as the TOM goes - yup, it can be a challenge for sure! I don't have any good advise as far as that goes though. I just refuse to eat extra and suffer...

T
Edge2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:34 AM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

yeah been there! only thing you can do is to get right back on track! is ok to mess up, its not ok if you let it continue! get back on track, drink plenty of water and you will be fine! you can do it!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #6  

I don't see exercise as a punishment at all, i just don't like the treadmill. I would much rather be outside walking, jogging or riding my bike. But the weather here has turned cold and very wet. I guess you could say i have a love hate relationship with the "dreadmill" But i would never part with it. Now if i could take it outside and be rid of tom once and for all ,i would be one happy woman,lol.
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

forgive yourself and move on, chuckie. it really sounds like in the bigger picture, you're doing great. we all have those moments when all the fps are gone in a day (i know i have). i guess it would be nice to skip those moments, but, oh well. good luck getting back on plan!!
s
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote