Old 03-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/210/207

Height: 5'10"

Default Is this even possible?

I'm losing weight fast. I've lost about 15 lbs in 3 weeks. I can't remember exactly when I started this but it was around 3 weeks ago. I just worry that it is coming off too fast. I'm getting all my points in most days and drinking lots of water. I'm just wondering if anyone else had this experience when first starting out with WW?
Nancy CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:51 AM   #2  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

I find I lose very quickly at the beginning of any diet plan, especially if you are a bit heavier to begin with. You will eventually slow down to a more reasonable weight loss each week. Remember too that a lot of it is water weight and not true fat loss. Best of luck with your healthier eating plan. You can do it.
chris313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:34 AM   #3  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

As long as you are eating enough (i.e. eating at least your daily target) enjoy your rapid loss. It will slow later, but even keeping off what you lose rapidly in the beginning is a success. Keep eating healthy and drinking your water, you're doing great!!

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

You say you're "getting all your points most days"? Does this include flex points, or are you saying some days you don't meet even your base target? Make sure you are eating your flex points, too. You may not be eating enough if you're just eating your target points, and while it may look great now losing 5lbs/week, it is not sustainable and your body will eventually stop losing.

Other than that, yep, people lose more their first weeks. Don't worry, your body will find some kind of balance and your losses will slow down to a normal rate as it gets used to the diet. Enjoy it now while it lasts
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
You say you're "getting all your points most days"? Does this include flex points, or are you saying some days you don't meet even your base target? Make sure you are eating your flex points, too. You may not be eating enough if you're just eating your target points, and while it may look great now losing 5lbs/week, it is not sustainable and your body will eventually stop losing.

Other than that, yep, people lose more their first weeks. Don't worry, your body will find some kind of balance and your losses will slow down to a normal rate as it gets used to the diet. Enjoy it now while it lasts
I save my flex points for the weekends because we're usually visiting people. That way, since I don't have any control over what's being made I have some extra points to go into without blowing my progress. As far as the daily target goes, there are some days when I go to bed with a few points left. I try to use them all up but there are days when I'm less hungry than others. I'm finding it hard to get all 28 points in a day, every day. I'm not deliberately trying to go under my target.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:28 AM   #6  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

keep some 1 inch by 1 inch cubed cheese on hand, they are 3 points a chunk,
when i first started ww it was really hard to get 40 points in because my body wasnt used to all the "good stuff" and i felt like i was going to pop.
many nites i had to eat one or two pieces of cheese to fufill my points.
hope this helps.
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:00 PM   #7  
Fat Chick

S/C/G: 163/147/128

Height: 5'7"

Okay. Probably not the right thing to say but.
You're losing weight fast and.... you're complaining? I'd be jumping up and down for joy right now.
Well, I know, you're not complaining, you're concerned. But still. As long as you're following for the most part, that's awesome.
Nikki_20216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #8  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

NANCY CA: we're around the same weight and same height, and when I first started weight watchers I lost 10 pounds in around 3 weeks as well....then it moved to around 3 pounds a week...and now I am at 1-2 pounds down a week...

I think for me it was because I was eating SO BAD and not doing ANY exercise...and then the very first day I started I was eating REALLY good and working out 3 times a week...so my body dropped weight fast from not eating fast food all the time...and working out for the first time in months.

Good for you for getting those 15 pounds out of the way!!!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:09 PM   #9  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

If you looked around in 3FC WW forums, you would be surprised at home many posts there are from people saying how hard it is to get those points in at the beginning when your points are higher, and how many people write back to those people telling them you have to get your points in.

Believe it or not, you have to eat to lose longterm. Sure, if you cut back alot you'll lose in the beginning, but you will stall and you won't have any room to cut back further. Your biggest "chunk" of points comes from your weight, as you lose weight that keeps getting smaller and smaller.

Part of the idea, I believe, is that as you lose weight your activity will increase so you'll be adding activity points as you lose daily target points, the idea is (and this may sound crazy and weird) to be able to eat as much as you can and still lose weight. Doesn't that sound like a great plan?!

In order to do that later on in your weight loss journey you have to make sure your getting in all your points when you're starting out. Best of luck!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #10  

Thanks ladies! I know that you know I'm not complaining (does that even make sense? LOL!) I even felt kind of foolish writing it. Believe me, I am trying to eat all my day's points target. I'm not trying to undercut them at all. I've done the starvation diet thing before and it always backfires, BIGTIME! I like the cheese idea though. I may try something like that. There have been days where I realize that I still have four points or so to use so I'll go and have an apple and some cheese or something of that nature. Other nights, I just can't think of anything else that I want to eat. I know that I'll be dreaming of these days once I'm down to 22 points, or whatever a day!
Old 03-22-2008, 11:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 226/197.6/150

Height: 5'2"

Another good late night snack if your looking to fill in some points - almonds. They are a good source of protein & good fat. They help to lower HDL levels & all that. So, I don't know the exact number to points, but pop eat a few at the end of the night.
gemini1567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Nancy, like others have told you, your body will level off. Enjoy it! I remember when I first started I could not believe all the food I needed to eat, that first month was my best, I now avg. 1-1.5 each week, and they say 2lbs is healthy. So just do your best to get in all your daily points. Continued success on your journey!!
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote