Old 11-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #31  

Maybe the specials are only for rejoining and not new sign ups?
Christina2927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #32  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

For new programs it had 1/2 off but didn't give original price.
Go to Emetabolic.com and click on Contact Us. Call the different centers in your area and see if they can give you info. My counselor didn't tell me about specials- I got an email from the Corporate office.
I called another center a couple weeks ago to get prices also
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:23 PM   #33  

So when you all are just buying the minimum 2 HNS and using the online protein supplements as well are you noting that on your food log?

At the local MRC they are running a 1/2 price enrollment when 2 people enroll, it's a bring a friend special, so my husband would be 200 and I'd be 150. He isn't sold on the program though. The menus made easy would be $100 on top of the $150.

Does anyone know if the MRC at home is any cheaper? I'll have to call the local office again tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:49 PM   #34  

For me MRC at home was cheaper. I think I paid $129 for the year. And after I was finished with the year one of the consultant said I should have had another year of maintenance. Basically with MRC at home I did the weighing and measuring myself, I would fax in my food log every week and then call in to my consultant at a given time. I stayed 100% on program and had great results. I also made it clear up front that cost was an issue so I only did the HNS's and did not do any of the supplements and my consultant never pushed it. I would just note "HNS" anytime I used a protein supplement. I usually used the MRC ones and just had 2 a day, but if I needed more I usually opted for an off brand as they were cheaper. But when I did more than 2 a day I started to have some gastrointestinal issues.
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:41 PM   #35  

I checked in with our local office this morning, and you can only do the at home program if there are no centers in your area, so that option is out.

When I went in I think they said I'd do between 2 and 4 HNS's. What's the determining factor in whether I take 2 or 4?
Old 11-17-2014, 09:50 PM   #36  

I was on two different menus during my time there. One menu which was more restrictive had 2 HNS's during the day and then you could have up to 2 more if you were hungry/wanting more. The other program I was on had 3 HNS's during the day but you weren't supposed to have anymore (it was a less restrictive eating plan).
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #37  

Ok, that gives me an idea. I told a friend about MRC and she went for a consult and signed up. We're traveling for Thanksgiving, so I planned on waiting until we got back to sign up. Is preconditioning included in your 17 weeks?
Old 11-18-2014, 08:07 AM   #38  

Aren't I just full of questions!!

Do any of you have young kids at home? I have a 3 and 5 year old and am wondering how the plan will work with them.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:19 PM   #39  

I had maintenance weigh in today and maintained at 5 pounds under goal.

Wishing y'all a great weight loss week.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #40  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Christina2927: yes, I believe the pre-conditioning week is included, though I don't quite know! Can anyone else chime in on that? As for the HNS, I think it depends on what menu/plan you are on. The two times I did MRC, I was first on the old "green" menu, and now on the Metabolic More. Both of those it was at least 3 and up to 4 a day. If you have any sort of specific diet/health issues, it may vary.

As for kids, I can't speak to that, but I think it will be fairly easy to work the plan with your family. You are cooking your own food, so you should be able to adapt. The hard part for you will be not having some of the stuff the kids might like (mac and cheese, peanut butter, pasta, lots of bread), though you can have modified versions (switch out spaghetti squash for pasta, 1/2 of a bagel thin for a bread serving). I would go to the MRC web site and look at their recipes to get some ideas. Pintrest also has good ideas. My current favorite is the soft taco casserole.

patzi: great job!

bigdog: how's your week?

As for me, down another 1.5 lbs this week. May not make my goal of getting down to 190 for Thanksgiving, but I'm going to try my hardest! Only 1 more month until I'm done at my job and just 44 days until I move to Ireland!
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:42 AM   #41  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone! Congrats Celtic on your loss and Patzi for loss and maintaining. Celtic. That is so exciting that you are moving to Ireland! I'm still at the same weight- will gain a couple lbs, then lose it again. I need a big push to get to the 180s!
I was going to wait and rejoin in Jan but know myself too well and without that accountability- know i will gain . Sad but true. I called the center and rejoined for $79 for 17 weeks (special ends Friday). I'll weigh in Tuesday.
Christina- the plan does include pre-conditioning menu, then you will get the Meta More menu plan. The menu says min. 2 HNSs a day which is what I go by. Counselor told me I needed 4 a day so I supplement w my own protein powder (Syntrax and Protodiet Pink Lemonade). She told me since I eat a 12 g Greek yogurt in the pm to skip one of the HNSs.
They of course tried to push the supplements at the beginning but I told her I was not taking them and have low tolerance to meds- she claimed they are vitamins. Anyway Min. Requirement is 2 per day.
Their protein bars are excellent and I get the variety pack.love the wild berry and lemon drinks. This is the only plan that works for me so it's worth the investment. I'm eating less and not eating out as much plus can now get into some of my clothes - not having to buy larger sizes -Yay!

Last edited by bigdog; 11-20-2014 at 01:49 AM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:50 AM   #42  

Thanks for the feedback! My husband and I joined and will start preconditioning December 1st! We'll go to the class December 5th and start the plan December 6th!

I have our preconditioning menu, so I've been mapping out out food and creating a grocery list. I look forward to the encouragement of this board off to scour Pinterest for the soft taco casserole recipe.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:15 AM   #43  

I can find the Syntrax Nectar for $0.76/serving, but it doesn't seem like the hot cocoa or pink lemonade is any cheaper than the MRC cost if you buy the 10 at a time. Am I missing some secret?
Old 11-21-2014, 09:57 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 184.2 /ticker / 149

Height: 5'4.5"

Just signed up for the 17 week special today, weigh in tomorrow and will be taking the class on Tuesday. I have a 4 & 8 year old too so I'm really looking forward to dropping all this weight before my son's birthday party in March. When I spoke to the lady at MRC today she showed me their book of all the success stories and it was SO freaking awesome. ok, thanks for letting me jump in on this thread......off to pinterest to scout recipes too......
Astro Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:03 AM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Chic View Post
Just signed up for the 17 week special today, weigh in tomorrow and will be taking the class on Tuesday. I have a 4 & 8 year old too so I'm really looking forward to dropping all this weight before my son's birthday party in March. When I spoke to the lady at MRC today she showed me their book of all the success stories and it was SO freaking awesome. ok, thanks for letting me jump in on this thread......off to pinterest to scout recipes too......
Welcome..
Wishing you all the best in your new challenge. I would never have made maintenance if it was not for the support of this forum...You have come to a great group of people.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote