Old 04-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #136  

Hello! My name is Heather. I joined metabolic almost a month ago. It has been up and down. I have lost 15lbs so far. I'm supposed to go weigh in on Wed but I may push it to Thursday because I ate some pizza last night. It's so hard to give up the foods I love. I have given up soda 100% though. I have only slipped up a few times. I go to the gym at least 4 times a week. I don't know though. I expected much bigger results. Anyone else feel like that?
hlw121411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:04 PM   #137  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Heather! I've been a little disappointed with my results too, but I keep reminding myself that I didnt gain all this weight in a week and I'm not going to lose it in 1 week either. But the results are definitely better if you dont cheat. This diet is not like others - if you cheat, even a little, it will set you back for days. And not just a pound or 2 - the one time I cheated I was up over 5 pounds the next morning. Not worth it!

Looks like I may not have to do the plateau buster at the moment - I was down 2.5 pounds on my scale at home this morning - we will see what happens when I go into the center to weight tomorrow. Our scales dont always jive.

I saw where a few people were talking about retaining water really badly, especially after a cheat...here's what one of the counselors told me to do when I was in my center last week. Take a coffee mug full of hot water and squeeze half a lemon into it - it will act as a natural diuretic to help speed the process of getting some of that excess water out. It works...all I can say is dont do it at night. I had to get up to pee like 5 times that night.
beachrunner695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:13 PM   #138  

I did that for 2 days before my last weigh in and I ended up being down 3.5 lbs last time. I have decided to give this plan 100% now. It isn't worth it to pay all of this money to cheat.
hlw121411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #139  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the encouragement Going4fit. I'll definitely stay on plan. This is the most I've lost in over 3 years and I don't want to mess it up now!

Tonight it's buffalo burger and a big salad! Yum.

Wishing everyone a great 100% On Plan week.
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:06 PM   #140  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Went into the center today to weigh in but my contract date was up on the 23rd and I'm not at my goal weight but only 5 lbs away and I feel good and I'm in my size 8's and 10's and I told my counselor that I'm not going to focus on the scales anymore because I'm always disappointed. I believe that my body is where it wants to be and I'm okay with that. So next Wednesday may 7th I will start stabilization for 6wks then onto maintenance.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:02 PM   #141  

Does anyone know if youre expected to continue the HNS drinks when you get to stabilization and maintenance? Those things are pricey!
Old 04-28-2014, 11:30 PM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Went into the center today to weigh in but my contract date was up on the 23rd and I'm not at my goal weight but only 5 lbs away and I feel good and I'm in my size 8's and 10's and I told my counselor that I'm not going to focus on the scales anymore because I'm always disappointed. I believe that my body is where it wants to be and I'm okay with that. So next Wednesday may 7th I will start stabilization for 6wks then onto maintenance.
I am happy for your Skelley.... You took control, you know what feels right, and you are on your way. I wish you all the best in this next adventure on your way to maintenance. Be proud of yourself... You deserve it..

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:11 AM   #143  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachrunner695 View Post
Does anyone know if youre expected to continue the HNS drinks when you get to stabilization and maintenance? Those things are pricey!
My center encouraged them, but I stopped them when I hit maintenance. If I gain on maintenance I may take one or two a day till the weight comes off, and then go off of them. While on diet and even on maintenance, I have always bought my
drinks from Diet Direct when they have a sale. I use the Proti Diet brand, as same ingredients, protein, etc as MRC. I also get my creamy cocoas from them , again only when on sale.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 182/160/135

Height: 5'4

Went to weigh in last night and was up a few pounds after having all that Easter candy in the house. My counselor decided to put me on the preconditioning menu for 4 days to rid my body of all the sugar I fed it. Fingers crossed this works but man I am hungry this morning!!!! Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
bombshellinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #145  
Sherry, Senior Member

Yesterday I made up my mason jar salads, they are so great to have to grab and go.

Patzi: Thank you I'm actually relieved and ready to start stabilization, and then onto maintenance. I'm 58 and never going to be skinny like I was in my 20's so at 169 I'm happy, my clothes fit good and I feel good. I did tell my counselor when I weighed in yesterday that I'm not focusing on the scales anymore, it's all about how I feel and how my clothes fit and she was perfectly fine with that. She actually told me a saying and I sure wish I could remember what it was but boy did it hit the nail on the head.

bombshellinprogress: I know we go to the same center and when I asked about going back to the preconditioning when I gained 4lbs they said no I wouldn't want to do that. It's funny how they are all different. Goodluck and you can do this.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:11 PM   #146  

Down 2 pounds on the official scale today...so no plateau buster yet! :-)
Old 04-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #147  

Quote:
Yesterday I made up my mason jar salads, they are so great to have to grab and go.

Patzi: Thank you I'm actually relieved and ready to start stabilization, and then onto maintenance. I'm 58 and never going to be skinny like I was in my 20's so at 169 I'm happy, my clothes fit good and I feel good. I did tell my counselor when I weighed in yesterday that I'm not focusing on the scales anymore, it's all about how I feel and how my clothes fit and she was perfectly fine with that. She actually told me a saying and I sure wish I could remember what it was but boy did it hit the nail on the head.

bombshellinprogress: I know we go to the same center and when I asked about going back to the preconditioning when I gained 4lbs they said no I wouldn't want to do that. It's funny how they are all different. Goodluck and you can do this.
That is funny. Jen was the one who told me to go back on it.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #148  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombshellinprogress View Post
That is funny. Jen was the one who told me to go back on it.
Baily is the one who told me Oh no you don't want to do that! I Love jen she's so smart, I saw her yesterday and when I told her I didn't want to worry about the scale she was all for it. I have my apt next wed with her for my stabilization.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #149  

Quote:
Baily is the one who told me Oh no you don't want to do that! I Love jen she's so smart, I saw her yesterday and when I told her I didn't want to worry about the scale she was all for it. I have my apt next wed with her for my stabilization.
Yes, I love Jen!! She's my favorite. I like Baily too but I just feel more comfortable with Jen for some reason or another. Good luck on your stabilization and keep us posted on how that goes!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:12 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hello ladies!
It sounds like you're all motivated and doing well. I haven't been to the center this week. I typically visit on Tuesdays and Fridays, but jobs are keeping me busy. My scale at home says I've been the same weight for 2 weeks, so I'm hoping to lose inches. I so desperately want to see the 160s - my scale read 170.0 this morning. Gah! So close...and it's just been toying with me for 2 weeks. Haha!

And, Heather, welcome!!! You've lost 15 pounds in less than a month?!? I'd say you're doing SPECTACULARLY!!! If you stick to the plan 100%, I can't even imagine how amazingly you'd do. You've got this! You can do it! You're worth it!
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote