Old 10-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #16  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

You have to do what is best for you! What ive decided to do if and when we cancel and it might work for you too, ive decided to follow the GENERAL idea of their preconditioning menu meaning ill eat MOSTLY only whats on that list and ill have 1 starch, 1 protein, 1 fruit and 1 veggie at every meal but ill count calories. Ive lost I think 5 or 6 lbs in the 6 days ive been on it ( im sure its mostly if not all water weight) but I feel like long term, combining that with calorie counting will help me have healthy eating habits and feel full while losing weight. So even if I find their other menus too restrictive, I at least have a general guideline of what can work for me. It might not be the "3-5 lbs" guaranteed a week but hey, I have pcos so I doubt ill lose that weekly anyway.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #17  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran Veal View Post
I appreciate all the answers, but I'm going to go with my gut and cancel this time. You have been so supportive and helpful, but I just feel this program is not for me for various reasons. Best of luck to all of you as you continue this journey!
Fran,
I struggled off and on with the MRC plan, although i'm still going to my center and weighing in, it's only because I still have until jan 4th on maintenance. But what i'm doing now has helped me a lot. I bought the Fitbit Flex band you can look at it online, I got mine at best buy. I use myfitnesspal.com to log all my foods and it syncs with my flex band. My flex band tracks all the calories I burn daily just doing normal activities then if I exercise I log it into myfitnesspal and it syncs with my flex band so this way I know just how many calories I have left to eat. I as long as I eat 80% healthy and stay low carb i'm losing at least 1-1 1/2 lbs a week. And honestly I couldn't follow the plan after I lost my weight. I only gained 15 of 32 lbs back but I realized what was happening and that's when if found out about the flex band. It also makes you want to get up and bust a move or walk more steps. Goodluck on whatever you decide. The flex band is only $99 and myfitnesspal.com is free!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #18  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSDREAMER2007 View Post
You have to do what is best for you! What ive decided to do if and when we cancel and it might work for you too, ive decided to follow the GENERAL idea of their preconditioning menu meaning ill eat MOSTLY only whats on that list and ill have 1 starch, 1 protein, 1 fruit and 1 veggie at every meal but ill count calories. Ive lost I think 5 or 6 lbs in the 6 days ive been on it ( im sure its mostly if not all water weight) but I feel like long term, combining that with calorie counting will help me have healthy eating habits and feel full while losing weight. So even if I find their other menus too restrictive, I at least have a general guideline of what can work for me. It might not be the "3-5 lbs" guaranteed a week but hey, I have pcos so I doubt ill lose that weekly anyway.
SMSDREAMER2007:
You have a good point in following the preconditioning menu since those are the foods that you eat once you hit maintenance. But you go thru the stabilization period where you add certain items off the pre-con to see what foods may trigger weight gain. But you can pretty much do that yourself, like I noticed when I added milk back I would gain because of the sugar. So you can test it.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #19  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Skelly- Yea. If i am going to be 100%honest though, the pre conditioning menu is everything i like /would eat anyway. I dont like or wont eat much else. Im wheat intolerant so mist breads, etc is out. Milk makes me sick, so does ice cream. With the addition of a few other salad dressings, a bannana once a month and maybe a piece of candy here and there i don't probably won't and shouldnt (pcos/IR) eat much if anything else.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #20  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSDREAMER2007 View Post
Skelly- Yea. If i am going to be 100%honest though, the pre conditioning menu is everything i like /would eat anyway. I dont like or wont eat much else. Im wheat intolerant so mist breads, etc is out. Milk makes me sick, so does ice cream. With the addition of a few other salad dressings, a bannana once a month and maybe a piece of candy here and there i don't probably won't and shouldnt (pcos/IR) eat much if anything else.
That's great then you should do really well! goodluck and I look forward to seeing your progress!