Old 05-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Well after following the diet cure i can officially say that i'm supplement free, counting calorie free, weighing myself free!!! I have no cravings and i can actually eat a I mean (1) cookie and stop if i want. It's knowing that i'm not on a diet anymore, i eat smart and if i want to have ice cream or dessert i do and I don't overeat anymore! Thank you Julia ross!!! And I'm maintaining my weight and have now for 4 wks!!!
Skelly -so glad this is working for your and you are sharing your success! I ordered the book and am anxious to start reading it. Fingers crossed that it helps me too. I should be getting book any day now.
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #17  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Oh i'm currently reading the Intuitive Eating and love it!!! I'm so glad you posted about it.
I too LOVED intuitive eating. It's teaching me how to eat for life, which I'm not sure MRC really does, to be honest.

However, I think people need to balance themselves biochemically or IE will never really work properly.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #18  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerychic View Post
Skelly -so glad this is working for your and you are sharing your success! I ordered the book and am anxious to start reading it. Fingers crossed that it helps me too. I should be getting book any day now.
Awesome, keep posting and let me know what you think. I'm currently reading intuitive eating which is really awesome too. Getting our bodies back to being balanced is a great thing. You and I are really close in height, i'm 5'7 and I maintain between 160-163 depending on what I eat but what is so great I don't weigh everyday like I used to and I haven't been to MRC for 3 wks and i'm not going back. I feel so free and balanced I eat what I want in moderation and don't worry about it anymore!!!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #19  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
I LOVE the Diet Cure. Her other book- The Mood Cure ABSOLUTELY changed my life.
I'm glad you ladies are also enjoying the book so much.

Tamikl- I'm sorry that you are struggling with maintenance. I would be outraged if they told me to stop exercising and go back on the green menu. That's not something you can maintain for life. (I'm a total MRebelC)
Have you looked into intuitive eating?
http://www.intuitiveeating.org/conte...tuitive-eating

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ting-18-a.html

Also- have you looked at maybe adding kelp to your diet to support your thyroid? But I actually do truly believe that if you looked into intuitive eating- cut all artificial foods out- and listened to your body- it would probably tell you what you needed to start eating to help repair itself.
http://media-cache-ec3.pinimg.com/19...038bcff0da.jpg

I think you might find this article interesting- https://nourishingourchildren.wordpr...r-childs-lead/
Thank you! I will look into these
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:52 AM   #20  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
Well, I think the book ("The Diet Cure") is a wealth of information for sure. I am not feeling like the supplements are working for me really. If I got anything, I bought a ton of supplements, but I may have a new vitamin that I like....and the schedule for when to take what from now on.

I have actually increased my weight lately, and don't think I will blame the book Rather, I think I need a different kind of guidance right now. I have become so book smart lately in my attempt at Maintenance, but the bottom line is finding what works for me, and I haven't found it. I think that the dieting in general messed my metabolism up, etc...and so adding anything into my diet creates a gain. I am not ok with living on 1200 calories a day for the rest of my life...

I went in for a WI last week and was up a pound. The advice I was given? Decrease calories again, and don't do strength training. Really? I am in Maintenance now! I am also not believing that "healthy" moving forward is yo yoing back and forth between Maintenance and Green Menu.

I am sorry to rant...but what I am doing isn't working and my check in last week confirms for me now more than ever that MRC is wonderful for quick weight loss...but good luck with keeping it off on your own
Tami, just wondering what supplements you bought after reading The Diet Cure? In reading the book, there are vitamins/supplements she recommends for us to take every day for the rest of our lives, and then there are specific amino acids you can take depending on how you score in the eight areas she outlines, and those are supposed to be temporary to restore damaged brain chemistry. Did you try any of the aminos?

I agree 1200 calories in maintenance is ridiculous and it's what got me started off on the wrong foot in maintenance in the first place. Been yo-yoing terribly in the short time since getting through stabilization and being on my own. Up more than down unfortunately. I feel like I've messed my body up terribly. The weight comes back on so quickly every time I go off plan that it's startling and depressing. I'm hoping the aminos give me what my brain is looking for so I can keep off the sugar/carbs and stick with a healthy diet.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #21  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Tami, just wondering what supplements you bought after reading The Diet Cure? In reading the book, there are vitamins/supplements she recommends for us to take every day for the rest of our lives, and then there are specific amino acids you can take depending on how you score in the eight areas she outlines, and those are supposed to be temporary to restore damaged brain chemistry. Did you try any of the aminos?

I agree 1200 calories in maintenance is ridiculous and it's what got me started off on the wrong foot in maintenance in the first place. Been yo-yoing terribly in the short time since getting through stabilization and being on my own. Up more than down unfortunately. I feel like I've messed my body up terribly. The weight comes back on so quickly every time I go off plan that it's startling and depressing. I'm hoping the aminos give me what my brain is looking for so I can keep off the sugar/carbs and stick with a healthy diet.
Going4fit: The amino acids helped me stop the carb/sweet cravings, and i'm maintaining my weight within 2-3lbs. But the freedom you feel is amazing. After you finish The Diet Cure check out the Intuitive Eating book and forum on here. I wished I would have known about these two books before MRC, I would be rich! I believe the supplements Tamikl is talking about is the vitamins/supplements from the diet cure, there are 8 steps and if you have to follow all 8 then you would have to take a lot of supplements, but I only had to follow one step so I take the basic vitamins and the l-glutamine and
5htp, now the 5htp I don't take all the time. The l-glutamine you will ween off of eventually. On the basics I take: Multivitamin True Balance, magnesium, B6complex, (you don't have to take chromium if you take true balance as your multivitamin)
Old 05-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

I just started taking the amino acids and basic supplements on Monday. I cannot say I notice any difference yet, but I started with the minimum amount of amino's since I have a sensitive system. I did up the amino's today since I wasn't feeling anything negative from the minimum amount.

Skelly - I read you post under maintainers and I feel exactly as you. For me - I am 5'8", large framed and feel comfortable at 160-163. My weight at age 21 was 145 - funny thing is at the time I wore a size 10 and right now I am in a 10-12. I currently weigh 170 so I would like to get off 7-10 pounds, but right now I am focusing on getting rid of the cravings and just being able to eat sensibly and not starving myself with the green menu. I find when I get overly hungry is when I binge eat on something I shouldn't (like peanut butter!)
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #23  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerychic View Post
I just started taking the amino acids and basic supplements on Monday. I cannot say I notice any difference yet, but I started with the minimum amount of amino's since I have a sensitive system. I did up the amino's today since I wasn't feeling anything negative from the minimum amount.

Skelly - I read you post under maintainers and I feel exactly as you. For me - I am 5'8", large framed and feel comfortable at 160-163. My weight at age 21 was 145 - funny thing is at the time I wore a size 10 and right now I am in a 10-12. I currently weigh 170 so I would like to get off 7-10 pounds, but right now I am focusing on getting rid of the cravings and just being able to eat sensibly and not starving myself with the green menu. I find when I get overly hungry is when I binge eat on something I shouldn't (like peanut butter!)
I bought my l-glutamine off vitacost.com at first but then I now get them at GNC and I take two (3x) a day, am, mid morning, mid afternoon and it's helped me tremdously, I actually started with only 1 3x day and after the first week went to two. I eat peanut butter on occasion in the morning on my toast. I don't binge eat anymore. Keep with the plan and your body will adjust. Thanks for posting and keep in touch. I'm on week 5
Old 05-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #24  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post

I think I bought them all!!! Lol. But I had 4 of the 8 issues in the book, so wasn't sure where to start. I started a few..and here came headaches...daily...so I stopped taking those. I also researched that if your body doesn't need, that is one side effect...also the weight gain. Be careful, as amino acids can cause weight gain. My weight dropped when I stopped the supplements. I am continuing multivitamin, vitamins C, and 5HTP. No significant results for me...sorry. I relate to metabolism being a out of whack...I am also very sensitive to food variations...my understanding is that our bodies will adjust, but I don't want to gain before that happens!! Lol. Maintenance is HARD!!!!!

Last edited by Tamikl; 05-30-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote