Old 08-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #1  

Default I want to learn more about this MRC diet

I am IR/PCOS with hypothyroidism

I am at my highest weight right now.

I take way too many meds for my insulin resistance.

Is there a way to find out more info on the MRC?

Please and thanks!
abaaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #2  
Started July 1, 2011

S/C/G: 187/157.5/145

Height: 5'6"

Do you have any specific questions?

It's a low carb, high protein diet. When you join the program, you get different menus at different stages that you are allowed to eat from. You drink several protein drinks a day to keep your protein levels up (you buy the protein drinks from the MRC center, or you can find some online). You're encouraged to go to the center at least twice a week to weigh in and meet with a consultant. Although they will encourage (and may even push) supplements, the only ones you are required to take is a multi-vitamin, Krill or fish oil, and the protein drinks.
ginpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:44 AM   #3  

I really dont know anything about it...I had heard it mentioned on another website...Im in southern california...is it available here too?
abaaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:56 AM   #4  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I would go talk to them-- they explain it better than we do, usually. Just tell them you need to think it over. Some centers are very pushy, and others are not. It's kind of like buying a used car, lol. If you get their info, read it over, and then have more questions, ask us!

Their website is emetabolic.com. You should be able to look for centers in your area. If there aren't any and you still want to try it, there are several threads here about doing it on your own, and almost all menus are posted in another thread. Sailorsgirl is doing it in Hawaii without a center.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:36 PM   #5  
Started Precon 6-20-11

S/C/G: 196/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I have hypothyroidism too and I have a very difficult time loosing weight. This diet has worked well for me and several friends. It is a common sense, healthy way to lose weight. If you are willing to follow the diet, it will work and you won't be hungry. Tkdtara's advice is right on.
victorialynn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #6  

I am also hypothyroid and the plan worked extremely well when I followed it religiously. I went on after having a baby and the plan allowed me to lose weight quickly and become much healthier than I was prior to my pregnancy.
kitkat05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #7  

you should see if there is a center in your area .... go in for a free consult, get the basic program information -- tell them you need the menus for your doctor to review before you can sign up (or you can get the menus off some of the links on this site) and take it to your doctor. ask your doctor to review it and see if it's okay for your particular medical issues.

Know that it is a low-cal, low-carb, low-sodium, low-fat plan (and there are a lot of artificial sweeteners...they are in all of the drinks and you have to use those 3-5 times per day). that can also be an issue for some people -- so by all means get approval from you doctor first. some of the consultants will try to pretend they are medical professionals (they are not, they are trained sales people), but seriously, get your medical advice from a true medical professional.

that said, I have to say that this program works (like all others -- if you stick to it). for me personally it's worked better than any other program I've tried (and I've tried them all) because the low-carb and moderate protein keeps you from being hungry.

good luck on deciding what to do.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote