Old 05-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #16  

Height: 5'6''

I don't know about anyone else, but this board is the best for never feeling alone. I know that no matter what i'm feeling, someone else is feeling the same thing. How lonely would it be to be doing this alone. There's strength in numbers ladies...hang in there, we'll get through!
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #17  

Height: 5'5"

I agree, the number of responses to this thread shows that many of us are struggling.

For those of you with the creamer fix, I found a tea that is great. Lipton Vanilla Caramel Truffle. I only put 1 sweetner packet in and its like heaven!

Made snickerdoodles last night, mmmmmmmm. But I also ate popcorn. Back on today though. Lunch is packed and I am ready to go!
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #18  

I've had a horrible time getting back on track :-( I KNOW the diet works for me, so why do I keep thinking I want to try something else? I am usually fine all day long, but in the evenings I am just constantly searching for food. Every morning I get up ready to recommit, and then by the end of the day, I've talked myself out of it or added 'just a bit'. GRRRRRRRR......I think I've gained back everything I lost over the past two weeks. Not that it was much.

Ok, enough whining. I can do this!!
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/151/135

Ladies - we can do this!!! I am just as bad as the rest of us - but today has been the first good day of a month of good days!! I am determined that the first 5 days of May were the only bad days of the month for me!!! Today I had snickerdoodles for breakfast, then cheddar cheese, green beans and frozen mixed berries for lunch with a grape HNS. I just got back from the gym and had a kick butt 30 minute workout...back at work and ready to tackle the rest of the day!! Staying positive - tonight is going to be a piece of cake (not literally - hehe).
shenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post
I LOVE the snickerdoodles. I mix one batch at a time so I get the right ingredients but usually make a whole weeks worth. The only protein is 1 egg so you have to add whatever the equivelent would be to total your protein. FOr the green menu I either add another egg (scrambled or hard boiled) or 1 oz of cheese.
I found the snickerdoodle recipe in the recipes section. It isn't specific about the oatmeal though. Is the 1/4 cup cooked or uncooked?
Old 05-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #21  

As for creamers, when I want that, I add a tablespoon of vanilla supplement or my favorite, a spoonful of the hot cocoa. My center told me that if I just used a spoonful, the packet will last many days and I don't even need to count it toward the HSN's for the day. Hope this helps.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 165/151/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbolton1 View Post
As for creamers, when I want that, I add a tablespoon of vanilla supplement or my favorite, a spoonful of the hot cocoa. My center told me that if I just used a spoonful, the packet will last many days and I don't even need to count it toward the HSN's for the day. Hope this helps.
This is such a good idea!!!
shenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #23  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:

I like to add a pack of Truvia sweetener and some slightly diluted vanilla cream pudding when I want to sweetin' and creamy up my coffee.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #24  

Quote:
I found the snickerdoodle recipe in the recipes section. It isn't specific about the oatmeal though. Is the 1/4 cup cooked or uncooked?
I make mine with uncooked oats. They are sooooooo good.
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #25  

Quote:
I make mine with uncooked oats. They are sooooooo good.
Ok, thanks. I am going to try them.

EDIT: Went back and checked the recipe again. 1/4 dry oats would be 75 calories, more than a serving. So, still wondering if it might be cooked? I checked the cookbook (the old one) and didn't find the recipe there.

Last edited by pbolton1; 05-06-2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: addition
Old 05-07-2010, 12:43 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

Quote:
I have been struggling with coffee. I HAVE to have creamer with it so today I made the switch to tea. Its cafenated but I have eleminated the creamer!!!

I am going to make snickerdoodles tonight. If you have never tried them they are great... 1 vanilla pudding, 1 egg, 1/4 c oats, cinnamon and splenda. You still have to add protein to the green menu but they are great for breakfast. I make several batches and usually have 4-5 cookies for 1 serving. I usually add 1 oz of cheese to complete my breakfast.
I did the snicker doodles today! I liked them! I have wanted a cookie for so long! Thanks so much for the advice Only thing is I think I over whipped the eggs so I am going to do them again without over whipping them
Thanks again ~Angela~

Last edited by Ang2877; 05-07-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #27  

Height: 5'6''

Oatmeal serving size is an 8th of a cup uncooked or a quarter cup cooked...which is the same thing...1/8c uncooked plus quarter cup of water = 1/4c cooked.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
Oatmeal serving size is an 8th of a cup uncooked or a quarter cup cooked...which is the same thing...1/8c uncooked plus quarter cup of water = 1/4c cooked.
So is the recipe two servings (doesn't seem to imply that) or it for cooked oatmeal?
Old 05-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 278/274/170

Height: 5' 6.5"

Having a tough time. Ate milk and cookies last night. They are calling my name again this morning. Then have birthday party with cake at lunch and i gained a pound last week when i was totally op.
anotherchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #30  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

So thankful for all of you on this board and your ideas and encouragement! Yesterday I had to spend the day at an amusement park. And because of what I've been armed with I was able to stay entirely OP! :O)
YAY!
We can do this!
-G
ginabob is offline   Reply With Quote