Old 03-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #16  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

i have lab monkey
she wants to put me on a round of progesterone to induce it.... i not sure what the point is though.....its not going to "magically" come back because they force it to one month!
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #17  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
i have lab monkey
she wants to put me on a round of progesterone to induce it.... i not sure what the point is though.....its not going to "magically" come back because they force it to one month!
mkroyer, I remember back a in the winter you posted that you run a lot of miles weekly, like 60? I can't remember. However, my doctor told me when I started to up my weekly mileage to keep it under 35 or I could expect unwanted changes in my body, ie. menstrual cycles stopping, infertility etc. Several years ago, probably 20, a very good friend of mine who was a very serious runner always had menstrual interruptions that caused her infertility and four times she became pregnant but miscarried as she could not give up the running. Her short runs were 15 miles at a pop, she ran 6 days a week and trained with a running trainer 4 days a week. Only after finally stopping the running did she have two healthy pregnancies, but she was right back to running between the two children. I hope your body soon adjusts, as you look amazing!
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:56 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 129/120.6/118

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
i have lab monkey
Good--I am glad to hear. Ugh, I wouldn't do that, either! If the body doesn't want to, it doesn't want to! But if nutrition or exercise would help, I'd do that. It does sound like you're in great shape, and you probably have a very low body fat percentage. I think a lot of athletes have problems with menstrual cycles.
LabMonkeyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:42 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 216/216/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
i have lab monkey
I do agree that when the body stops producing a period, there is usually a good reason, whether it be for over weight, under weight, intense training or illness. I just thought I'd throw out there to those who might be interested... Eastern medicine can be excellent at helping to restore the balance in your body. An acupuncturist (especially one that specializes in women or fertility) can find an imbalance in your body and fix the issue with needles or herbs.

I once had a period that wouldn't stop and I was already anemic... They made up a gross packet of herbs for me to boil and drink, and I was fixed within a day. I don't think this solution is for everyone... sometimes just letting your body do what it needs for a while is good. But if anyone is very concerned with future fertility issues, this might be something to try. If nothing else, you will be more balanced overall.

On a side note: Almost every woman I know who was unable to conceive, after getting acupuncture fertility treatments, was able to have a baby. ... Where western medicine leaves off, eastern medicine seems to pick up.

mkroyer - This comment wasn't meant to be directed at you... I was just piggy backing off your comment.
diet gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:12 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

Just thought I'd say that mine is back - absolutely normal in all respects. I will say that my weight loss has slowed some, which I'm not wild about, but I guess my body is just leveling out.
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:18 AM   #21  

I did not have any issues with my cycle during this past year on program....however, I did have hair loss and am now experiencing my hair growing back in...I have short pieces sticking out all over my head! I first thought my hair was breaking, but no my hair dresser told me my hair was growing back after all the weight loss...sigh.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:10 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 192/151/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
I did not have any issues with my cycle during this past year on program....however, I did have hair loss and am now experiencing my hair growing back in...I have short pieces sticking out all over my head! I first thought my hair was breaking, but no my hair dresser told me my hair was growing back after all the weight loss...sigh.
Are you serious? Did you take the EFA supplements or flax?
librariandiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:03 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 280/274/190

Height: 5'11

I haven't had one since I had my IUD put in 2 years ago.. but I will throw out there a warning my midwife gave me that any severe weight fluctuation (gain or loss but mostly loss) can cause the IUD to become displaced, so if you have one and have lost a LOT of weight you may want to get placement checked. I know I will be.
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:35 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 192/151/145

Height: 5'4

Well, I'm headed to the doctor because I haven't had a period in 3 months...
librariandiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 249/216/150

Height: 5'2"

My TOM was always irregular and I attributed it to significant weight gain over the years. Since I've been on MRC I have been more regular. I think my body appreciates the lowering levels of estrogen.
wchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:17 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by librariandiva View Post
Are you serious? Did you take the EFA supplements or flax?
librariandiva, so sorry I just saw this question from you. The first 6 months EFA then when my center ran out and it took two weeks to get more in I went and purchased a large bottle of Omega's 3, 6 9 with Flax - a combo bottle and took that instead, my hair was already falling out by then...as I have read and others have experienced this is a side effect of a low carb high protein diet. Three months ago I went to "Sally Beauty Supply" and purchased some wonderful shampoos and special conditioners for my hair and I am not having anymore thinning...I have hair growing back and eat 40% of my calories from carbs (veggies, fruits, whole grains, beans)