Old 12-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 201/191/140

Height: 5' 3"

Sometimes I wonder if the HNS really does anything to help the weight loss. I lost 6 1/2 pounds and then gained it back. I am down 4 pounds now. I work out at Curves 3 times a week.

What do you guys think?

I for sure get frustrated that it is going slow. I was in WW and it took 6 months to lose 22 pounds. So like the turtle I will just keep on moving slow but sure.
not going to give up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotaFatBride View Post
porchmom- Is the enhancer still working well? Is that the MRC-6 or Cortitrim? I was just wondering if you had noticed a difference.
I lost 1.5 pounds Thanksgiving week and went off program for a few days during that time....so it's all so hard to say. I'm still on enhancer and DIM. I've been on MRC-6 but just ran out and it's so expensive so am going to try alternative to that. I'm taking Relacore instead of Cortitrim. When I used Cortitrim I didn't see a difference in tummy fat and that is still challenging....Someone had told me that with pear shaped bodies (which mine is) the tummy comes off last 10-15 pounds...which is where I'm at so IT'S TIME! I've lost some inches there but nothing notable. I also started the bioidentical hormone cream about a week ago so I'm an experiment with a lot of variables that make it hard to pinpoint right now.

Don't know if I've helped or muddied the waters.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #33  

Unhappy

I hear you girls. I have been in this group for 6 months. have only lost 16.5 lbs total.. and being legal all this time. I am getting very discouraged!!!!
scrappyhappyglenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappyhappyglenda View Post
I hear you girls. I have been in this group for 6 months. have only lost 16.5 lbs total.. and being legal all this time. I am getting very discouraged!!!!
Sorry to hear this. I'm assuming you've talked to MRC counselors about this, tried changing up your foods a bit (eating within program but not eating the same things day in day out), trying to up your exercise, getting all your water, ruled out any medical condition/meds that may be messing with this.....
Old 01-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

My weight loss has also slowed way down. I am a cheese lover and the consultant told me that though I could have 3 oz a day I should only have it at lunch 3 x a week and the rest of the time have it at breakfast. She also told me to up my water to 80oz as I have 50 pounds to lose.

One big problem I have is that I have been on this plan since the end of December and have never been in ketosis which is supposed to really help with the weight loss. She thinks my chewing too much gum, overusing the butter spray and using listerine mouthwash are all a problem as well as what I listed above.

I am not hungry and don't have cravings. Past diets for me have all been about counting calories so this food combo thing can be frustrating as just an extra bite or piece of gum can throw it all off. I bought the biggest loser food digital food scale and it is REALLY helping. All of you are helping too!
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotaFatBride View Post
porchmom- Is the enhancer still working well? Is that the MRC-6 or Cortitrim? I was just wondering if you had noticed a difference.
The Cortitrim hasn't worked for me. I've also tried Relacore to no avail. In terms of MRC6--I've been taking something called KLB5 that I ordered online from a place in Paris, Texas. It has the same ingredients as MRC6 except the vitamin B and I take that separate....was trying to cut costs. SO.....having said all that.....I would say I'm confused on whether even the KLB5 makes a big difference or not......sometimes I think so and sometimes I wonder if it matters.....Sorry to muddy the waters....
Old 01-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 201/191/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchmom84 View Post
The Cortitrim hasn't worked for me. I've also tried Relacore to no avail. In terms of MRC6--I've been taking something called KLB5 that I ordered online from a place in Paris, Texas. It has the same ingredients as MRC6 except the vitamin B and I take that separate....was trying to cut costs. SO.....having said all that.....I would say I'm confused on whether even the KLB5 makes a big difference or not......sometimes I think so and sometimes I wonder if it matters.....Sorry to muddy the waters....
One of the counselors told me that they have clients that have lost over a 100 pounds taking only the flax and HNS's.
not going to give up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/155

Height: 5'11''

Do you guys find that when you are on your period (and no matter how much water you are drinking) you either don't lose any or gain during that week?
chunkynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:10 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 210.5/160/130

Height: 5'3"

im so frustrated too! i've lost 32.5, but its going so slow for me. i started working out and i drink 4 hns a day. what are some of the things that you all notice that makes it go faster. one of the consultants told me that eating raw veggies helps things go faster and i mostly do that. they have also said that eggs for breakfast are way better than cottage cheese and cheese. any tips you have heard? also when i told my consultant today that i do light weights at the gym she said to make sure not to do too much of that so i guess cardio is best.
skinnyby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 210.5/160/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkynurse View Post
Do you guys find that when you are on your period (and no matter how much water you are drinking) you either don't lose any or gain during that week?
yes just wait it our, it even takes a couple days after my period is gone to see a loss.
skinnyby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 169/149.5/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlow grey View Post
I feel everyone's struggle. I have hit a plateau and I haven't even lost my first 10 lbs (I am .5 away from it.) I exercise 5-6 days a week and vary the exercises (30-60 min,) drink 13-15 glasses of water daily, and have had 1 slip up where I wasn't OP.

I am not trying to get to easily discouraged. It's especially bad for Thanksgiving because I know all of the things I love will be at the family and friends dinner. I want so bad to have a regular meal this Thanksgiving. This is killing me. Before anyone mentions the cookbook, I know all about it but alot of the recipes are not appealing to me. This eating thing and plateau are killing me.

I just try to remind myself that I am doing this for the greater good of being healthy. If you asked me 10 years ago about exercising as much as I do and eating like I currently am, I would have laughed out loud. It's just so dang hard (like everything else in life.) I keep reading the pamphlet on plateaus but it isn't helping me that much.

When I think about it all, I just sigh alot, look at all the money I spent on this program, and drink my water.
Are you losing inches? What has the center said about this?
sherriebaby2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 169/149.5/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen ready to lose View Post
My weight loss has also slowed way down. I am a cheese lover and the consultant told me that though I could have 3 oz a day I should only have it at lunch 3 x a week and the rest of the time have it at breakfast. She also told me to up my water to 80oz as I have 50 pounds to lose.

One big problem I have is that I have been on this plan since the end of December and have never been in ketosis which is supposed to really help with the weight loss. She thinks my chewing too much gum, overusing the butter spray and using listerine mouthwash are all a problem as well as what I listed above.

I am not hungry and don't have cravings. Past diets for me have all been about counting calories so this food combo thing can be frustrating as just an extra bite or piece of gum can throw it all off. I bought the biggest loser food digital food scale and it is REALLY helping. All of you are helping too!
Seriously!! What does chewing gum have to do with anything? Trident?
sherriebaby2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 152/135/130

Height: 5'2"

Slow and steady is better than fast...if you lose the weight really fast, it will not stay off.

I started the program with about 20-25 pounds to lose. I was complaining to my counselor that it's frustrating coming in and hearing people losing 5-10 pounds a week and she reminded me that they have, usually OVER 100 pounds to lose, so their losses are going to be greater than mine for awhile.

I've been in ketosis since I started and I'm DEFINITELY losing more inches than pounds. My exercise clothes that used to fit like sausage casings are now loose and baggy, but I'm only down, at last WI, 4-5 pounds.

We all lose differently, and remember...muscle weighs more than fat, so build it!
katwmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:55 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 233/217/180

Height: 5'9"

It is too slow for my tastes. I started out about 4 pounds a week, then 3. Lately most of my weeks have involved a 1-2 of weight gain, 1-1.5 lb of weight loss or the dreaded no change in weight.

I don't like this at all, but then again no one really asked me about that. : )
harlow grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlow grey View Post
It is too slow for my tastes. I started out about 4 pounds a week, then 3. Lately most of my weeks have involved a 1-2 of weight gain, 1-1.5 lb of weight loss or the dreaded no change in weight.

I don't like this at all, but then again no one really asked me about that. : )
I started this post initially and have certainly felt the frustration.But over time, it has worked out. I try to remember that changing habits takes TIME and by things slowing down it has added to my learning curve for the long haul (I hope).