Old 08-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/159/130

Height: 5'2

Default Heart Rate Monitor Suggestions?

Does anyone use a heart rate monitor when you exercise? I am thinking about getting one and have read reviews of the polar F6/F7 and the F11, but not really sure what to get...I probably need just a basic one but I would like someone who actually owns one to tell me what features are good and what they like about theirs...Thanks!
loveamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveamy View Post
Does anyone use a heart rate monitor when you exercise? I am thinking about getting one and have read reviews of the polar F6/F7 and the F11, but not really sure what to get...I probably need just a basic one but I would like someone who actually owns one to tell me what features are good and what they like about theirs...Thanks!
I use one. It's very basic...only 1 button. To switch between the time, heart rate and timer while actually working out, I have to put my wrist next to the chest strap. It's a bit awkward, and I'd rather be able to push a button to switch views or better yet be able to see the heart rate and timer at the same time. One of the trainers at the gym has one that keeps history of your workouts and does a lot of stuff. Personally I wouldn't use all that, so it probably depends on your own preference. At our YMCA, all the machines are compatible with the Polar monitors, so there you don't even have to wear the wrist unit as the heart rate displays on the machines. If you use a gym it would be worth verifying which heart rate monitors their machines are compatible with. Otherwise it comes down to price versus what functions you'll actually use.
Good luck!
Succeed09 is offline   Reply With Quote