Originally Posted by Dedge
So....I have had issues being "regular" I've tried the fiber drinks and they dont seem to be helping. Any suggestions?
Most of us on MRC suffer from this as well, including myself and I had never had a problem with this prior to MRC, I promise. Here are some recommendations:
1. Reduce the amt of cheese your eating - preferably cut it out for a while.
2. Be sure you're getting enough water - 128 oz is best.
3. Add the fiber as mentioned, benefiber is great with least amt of calories if
fiber drinks aren't cutting it.
4. Increase Flax to 9 per day
5. Eat more raw veggies for a while instead of cooked.
6. Try Senokot tablets (usually 2 does the trick for me) or drink Senna Tea (Dieter's Tea with Senna as a main ingredient) - 1 cupful will have you going quite a bit so don't do more than that and follow the directions on the box. Usually this does the trick but don't use daily, it is a natural stimulant laxative and you don't want to become dependant on using this.
Miralax is great for anyone with constipation, not a stimulant laxative and no harm in using daily - I have no idea what effect it will have on this plan and ketosis though, unsure how many carbs/calories are in Miralax. I'll do some research.
7. Add in the tablespoon (qty right?) of olive oil recommended daily on your plan.
Let me know if the above doesn't work :0)