Old 04-22-2009, 06:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/275/170

Height: 5'5"

Default Insulin Resistance/Diabetes?

Is anyone on the MRC program also insulin resistant or diabetic? My mother & I are in our third week of the program, and we both have insulin resistance. When we signed up, we were told that if the regular meta-slim plans we started out on weren't working out, then we could try the diabetic plan. It's working just fine, I was just wondering what the difference would be and if any of you were familiar with the diabetic plan.
RachelOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelOnADiet View Post
Is anyone on the MRC program also insulin resistant or diabetic? My mother & I are in our third week of the program, and we both have insulin resistance. When we signed up, we were told that if the regular meta-slim plans we started out on weren't working out, then we could try the diabetic plan. It's working just fine, I was just wondering what the difference would be and if any of you were familiar with the diabetic plan.

Welcome!! I'm insulin resistant and the regular menus have been great for me! I started on beige, went to green and am in stabilization now. The menu keeps my blood sugar level and I have had almost no symptoms of low blood sugar as long as I am faithful to the plan. I'm on metformin which also helps but this diet is so low carb that it keeps from triggering the insulin production. I'm not sure what the differences in the diabetic plan would be.
KeepinOnandOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #3  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

i asked about the diabetic plan because my mother was considering it and they said the main difference is they are allowed a few different foods and snacks at mid morning and mid afternoon to keep them balanced if they need it. my mom copied my menus and started it on her own because WW wasn't working but she can't remember to drink the drinks and won't buy the flax so it's not going to work for her and i've TOLD her that. *sigh* i wld love to find a copy of the diabetic menu for her because she's going to hurt herself because she won't do it right.
ford4life69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #4  

Connie, I have a copy of it. They gave it to me last week because I was really missing milk, so they told me to try it for a week or so. They only guarantee that you will lose 2 pounds a week on the diabetic plan. It's called Meta-Balance.

Jodi

Last edited by Jodi1964; 05-10-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Jodi1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

Default Pre-Diabetic

This program is saving my life...When I began the program I went to my doctor so he could run a number of tests...My blood pressure was 145/101, my fasting blood sugar was 104..etc. After losing 30 pounds my blood pressure is normal and I will go back in 6 months to undergo another fasting test. This alone motivated me to get my butt in gear and lose the 70+ weight that I have gained in the past few years. My aunts all have adult onset diabetes and this was not the direction I wanted my health to go...I am so insulin resistant that the HNS creamys (particularly the Hot Cocoa) stalls me...When I need a chocolate fixed I will have one, otherwise I stay away.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/275/170

Thanks for the replies, everybody. You told me just what I needed to know!
RachelOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote