Old 04-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Program Ends Good Friday

Hello!

So, Friday is the last day of my program, and I have not met my goal (as a matter of fact, if you have noticed from my previous posts, sigh, I have gained a few pounds back already).

I assume that they are going to try to talk me into renewing - am I right? Has anyone done this, or have you managed to make it on your own and continued to lose?

I have not done Stabelization or Maintence yet either - what is the difference between these and how long do they last? Do I still have to go in twice a week to weigh? I am getting so tired of doing this.

Can you continue to buy the supplements from the center even after your program has run out? How long do you have to take the HNS and other pills? They are so expensive!

I have not been in this week because I am not sure what I am going to have to face (besides the scale), so thanks for any advice!
sherryanncard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7''

Hey there,

First of all- I feel your pain. I did just sign up for a few more weeks. I've been OP since November. I did this because I did not reach my goal. It is my fault, entirely. I have been messing around (eating off program, not working out, etc.) I believe it was $99.

I don't know you, or what's going on in your life, but you have come so far. Why would you give up now? I know the HNS and supplements are expensive. I deal with that too. It sucks paying so much, but considering the significant amount of weight you've already lost, it has proven to work.

I felt like if I quit now, I would regain it back and would have TRULY wasted my money and time. I know that in stabilization and maintainence they slowly integrate foods that are not on the menu now, and they start lowering your HNS intake. I think you end up basically putting down the supplements as well, aside from your daily vitamins etc. Because they want you to eventually be able to live life normally, using the things you've learned throughout your journey. Talk to your center and have them answer those questions.

I am embarrassed and ashamed I had to add more time onto my journey, and it simply sucks. I could be done now, and so could you. But what matters is not how long it takes, it matters if you finish or not. I am finishing this program and losing these damn pounds. Even if it takes me longer. I am a winner, I deserve to be happy, healthy, and skinny-and so do you!

I feel your pain!
Want2LiveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi there and sorry you're having to ask yourself these questions. Wantotlivelife2 is right, you've come this far, you stand a great chance of backsliding all the way and that would really be a total waste of the money you've already put in. If you complete the program and make it all the way to maintenance, you'll be so proud of yourself and your huge accomplishments. I would encourage you to really consider it.

Stabilization is where they start slowly (and I was told - scientifically) adding back in food that you haven't had and adding back ounces to things here and there, one step at a time while also reducing the supplements you've been taking. Maintenance is additional preparation for instituting everything you've learned about food, your eating habits, the food pyramid, etc. and incorporating that into a lifetime of good habits and healthy food. Part of your contract should state that you have to make it to maintenance in order to be able to further purchase the supplements from your center. If you don't make it to maintenance, and choose not to continue to another contract, I doubt you will be afforded that opportunity to purchase more supplements. However, as you are likely aware from reading here, there are plenty of places to purchase the same things and probably a bit cheaper too, if you want to go it alone. There is an abundance of support here that can help you through, but, in my opinion, there's nothing equal to good ol' accountability in front of the scale than a counselor at the center.

As you ease into maintenance, they don't have the requirement to weigh in twice a week, more like a couple of times a month to help you keep in check. I was also told that the times you feel like you should lose a couple of pounds before you go to make it official is the time you really need to get yourself to the center - pronto. I believe that, too. They work for you and their job is not to shame you into feeling guilty, etc. They really do want to see you succeed. I know they're a business as well and will gladly take your money, but I really do feel like *I* get something for the money.

Good luck to you no matter what decision you make.
kismet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #4  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

I did not meet my original goal by the end of my first contract and they did not make me extend until I reached my original goal. I had/have a lot to lose and originally signed up for 17 weeks. I think that I went 20 or 22 before I lost the original 51 pounds.
dla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #5  

Thanks for all of the advice and information. You are right that I am angry at myself for not making my goal - I would have made it easily, if I had just not gone crazy this past couple of weeks. You are also right...what is another $99 after the $2000 I have already spent?!

So, I guess I will try to skip the McDonalds fries on my way home today and weigh in tomorrow with a clean conscience. : )

For those of you who have chosen to order supplements and continue the program on your own...have you been successful???

Thanks again for all of the help!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 340/290/155

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryanncard View Post

So, I guess I will try to skip the McDonalds fries on my way home today and weigh in tomorrow with a clean conscience. : )

For those of you who have chosen to order supplements and continue the program on your own...have you been successful???

Thanks again for all of the help!

I can chime in here. Ive been taking Phentratrim 2 a day, MRC 6 a day, Vitamin 2 a day, liquid minerals 1 cap a day, 2 omega oils a day, and 3 HNS a day.

So far i have lost 5.5 pounds a week since Feb 28, 2009. Now, of course, a guy we are slightly more blessed to loose it a lil faster but those are the supplements im on.

Also, about going off plan. I would be scared as **** to go off plan. I caved and had half of a peanut butter cookie and felt horrible the rest of the day this past Saturday but other than that I have stayed on it like crazy.

Next month, Im going off of the phentratrim and join 24 hour fitness. Crazy thing is...when I stop the phentratrim and use the money for that to have a 24 hour fitness membership, I will still save almost 40 bucks a month. I feel that the phentratrim isnt doing anything and I feel I would be better off exercising my metabolism up versus doing it artificially.
RobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #7  

Hi Rob H!

You are right about the guilt...I did not cheat with one iota of off-plan food for the first four months of my program, and when I finally did cheat, I felt terrible too.

Prior to that, I couldn't understand what all of the people on the boards were talking about when they were talking about cheating because I couldn't IMAGINE even putting a grain of real salt on my food!

Sadly, it gets easier to cheat each time. Now I understand.

I wish I could magically put myself back into that first four-month frame of mind and continue on with the program. If I had stayed there, I would not only have met my goal, but exceeded it.

But I have not given up. The people on these boards have helped me understand that it is okay to mess up, but not to give up. We are all human and will make mistakes, but the mistakes do not have to rule us.

That is why I did not have fries yesterday and why I am going to the center to renew my program. I deserve to be a healthier, happy, thinner person!

Good luck to you and thanks for the advice on the supplements!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #8  

Height: 5'9.5"

Good for you, Sherry! That's the right attitude. : )
kismet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #9  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryanncard View Post
Hi Rob H!

You are right about the guilt...I did not cheat with one iota of off-plan food for the first four months of my program, and when I finally did cheat, I felt terrible too.

Prior to that, I couldn't understand what all of the people on the boards were talking about when they were talking about cheating because I couldn't IMAGINE even putting a grain of real salt on my food!

Sadly, it gets easier to cheat each time. Now I understand.

I wish I could magically put myself back into that first four-month frame of mind and continue on with the program. If I had stayed there, I would not only have met my goal, but exceeded it.

But I have not given up. The people on these boards have helped me understand that it is okay to mess up, but not to give up. We are all human and will make mistakes, but the mistakes do not have to rule us.

That is why I did not have fries yesterday and why I am going to the center to renew my program. I deserve to be a healthier, happy, thinner person!

Good luck to you and thanks for the advice on the supplements!
Good for you!! You are worth the success!!
dla is offline   Reply With Quote