3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center Recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/131391-metabolic-research-center-recipes.html)

SaucyTexasChick 01-25-2008 09:17 PM

I'm new to this site, but not so new to MRC...Actually, it's the 3rd time I've started. This time....

I wanted to share a few recipes that I love!

Vanilla Chai: Use one of those large coffe mugs, pour in a vanilla pudding mix and wisk it. Drop in a Decaf Chai Tea Bag and microwave til hot. It's WONDERFUL! I usually add a splenda 'cuz it's my dessert!

Taco Salad: 4oz Lettuce (I like it shredded, so I cut it up fairly fine), 2 oz cukes, 2oz toms, 5 melba rounds (broken, not crushed) and 4 oz of chicken/ground turkey/whatever you like and 1 oz shredded cheese. I LOVE the honey mustard dressing the cook book (equal parts Olive Oil, Vinegar and Dijon Mustard and a sweetener to taste...shake, shake, shake). It's a HUGE salad, you get everything you need for the dinner meal.

SaucyTexasChick 01-25-2008 09:24 PM

One of my favorite drinks is the Mixed Fruit Fiber drink mixed up with the lemon HNS. OMG!!! It's so good. I usually have that with my breakfast and drink it all the way to work and I'm not hungry even a little bit all morning!

SaucyTexasChick 01-25-2008 09:26 PM

I guess I should have mentioned that, in the vanilla chai coffee mug, you should put some water....DUH!

Meemo 01-29-2008 11:16 PM

Chicken Saagwala

I adapted this from a Weight Watchers recipe after falling in love with saagwala at an Indian restaurant. It calls for 2 fresh tomatoes instead of the tomato HNS. You could eliminate the HNS & add the tomatoes just before serving, just long enough to heat through rather than actually cooking. (I started making this after I'd started maintenance, and used Lipton cup-a-soup instead of tomatoes in a pinch one time, and it was good! So the HNS should work fine too.) It's supposed to be served over rice, could be put over 2-3 oz spaghetti squash instead since spinach cooks down so much. (My theory being that no one ever got fat from eating too much spinach or spaghetti squash.)

Chicken Saagwala

* 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
* 4 tsp curry powder, mild variety
* 1 tsp ground coriander
* 1/2 tsp ground cumin
* 2 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, finely chopped
* 2 large garlic clove(s), finely chopped
* 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
* 1 tomato soup HNS
* 1/2 c water
* 10 oz spinach, baby leaves
* 1/2 tsp sea salt
* 1/4 cup water
* 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped

Instructions

* Place 1 tablespoon of oil, curry powder, coriander, cumin, ginger and garlic in a large nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until toasted and fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.

* Add remaining tablespoon of oil and chicken to skillet; stir to coat with spiced oil.

* Add tomato HNS & 1/2 c water to skillet; cover skillet and cook for 10 minutes. Uncover skillet and stir to combine.

* Add spinach to skillet; cover and cook for 5 minutes more. Uncover skillet and stir to combine.

* Add salt, water and cilantro to skillet; simmer for 1 minute. Yields about 1 1/2 heaping cups per serving.

Meemo 01-29-2008 11:36 PM

Gelatin Revisited

I finally picked up some plain Knox gelatin to try making my own HNS gelatin. I mixed one packet of gelatin with 1 cup of water (sprinkled the Knox over 1/4 c cold water, let it sit a bit, added the HNS & 3/4 c boiling water), actually added a bit more water realizing the recipe on the package was for making the "blocks" that are pretty thick. I think next time I'll use about 2 cups of water & 2 HNS to make 2 servings, that way it won't be quite so thick. It makes enough that for me, it's better as a snack than as part of a meal. But it tasted good - I used pineapple apricot HNS.

jeweliek 02-01-2008 06:47 PM

Yummy Pinto Beans

2 tsp minced garlic
1/8 c chopped green onion
1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
1 chicken boullion HNS prepared with 1 c water
1 t. cumin
1 t. chilli powder (I like more)
1/2 t. ground pepper
I also added a large tsp. of crushed red pepper

so sautee the green onion and garlic for just a bit in a teaspoon of olive oil. add the beans and chicken boullion. Mix and then add spices. Taste to see if you want to add more spice. Next time I may add some fresh cilatro.

Boil to heat.

You are allowed 1/4 c at supper as your bread/starch. These are REALLY good in wraps (use romaine leaves for the outside) with taco flavored chicken, turkey or buffalo. You don't have to wrap them, just place in the romaine leaf and add veggies and salsa. You can pick it up like a chilli dog in the romaine leaf.

These were tasty and the boys loved them. You can make refried beans by putting them in a frying pan with a little oil and smashing with a fork.

jeweliek 02-10-2008 10:46 PM

I want to keep this close to the top so that I can find it....
so a new recipe.

Tuna Casserole
spaghetti squash
Tuna
green beans
Creamy Chicken and Veg HNS

Lightly coat a small casserole with cooking spray...add about 3 oz of squash, a serving of tuna and 1 oz of green beans. Prepare the HNS with about 1/2 c of water and pour over mix. Stir gently and let bake at 350 F uncovered for about 10-15 min until bubbly.

You can do a type of shepard's pie
mix Creamy chichen and veg HNS with 1 oz of green beans and 4 oz of browned ground buffalo. Make a 3 oz batch of Cauliflower (extra done) to blend into mock potatos. Top your mix. Bake in the oven at 350 F until Cauliflower lightly browns. This is easy to double of triple so you can feed a family of freeze ind. portions to eat as lunches.

maxncandy 02-22-2008 11:48 AM

Chicken and Brocolli Slaw Salad

I adapted this from my mom's recipe but it is lower in fat and carbs.

Salad
4oz brocolli slaw (has a few carrots in the premixed I just pick out)
4 oz iceberg lettuce finely chopped
4 oz cooked chicken breast diced (I use a little Butter Buds and some sodium free chicken boulion) (grill it or nuke it)
Mix these ingredients together and pour dressing over

Dressing
1 teas sodium free chicken boulion (Wyler's brand found at Wal-Mart) or you can use a portion of a Chicken HNS
1 teas apple cider vinegar
2 teas olive oil (I like light flavored)
1/2 teas splenda
1/2 onion powder
1/2 teas sea salt
Mix and pour over salad

Meta Slim Day 5 Lunch or Dinner

Chicken Omelete

1.5 oz chicken breast chopped and cooked
1 egg
1/2 oz grated cheese
4 oz chopped veggies Sauted with Pam or a little olive oil (I like green onion, tomatos, green pepper, mushrooms)
Mix together for an egg scramble or mix egg and cook like a traditional omelete. I like to use only 3 oz veggies and top with homemade salsa recipe below.

Meta Slim Day 11 Lunch

Grilled Tiliapa

4 oz Tiliapa
1 teas Olive Oil
1/2 teas crushed red pepper
1/2 teas Basil
1/2 tead ground pepper
1/2 teas sea salt
Or you could use your favorite Ms. Dash

Coat the Tilapa with the EEVO then sprinkle your seasonings. I like to get my grill real hot and I use a cast iron skillet (ones you see in mexican restaurants). Spray with Pam or use a little olive oil (you want to make sure it doesn't stick). Put fish in pan and turn to medium heat. Cook 4 min each side or more if your filet is thick).
Meta Slim Day 1 Dinner or Day 5 lunch

I like this with fresh steamed green beans and black beans (I can't find the time to cook a whole batch, so I use low sodium canned and just rinse).

Homemade Salsa

1 can no salt added diced tomatos (you can chop your own if you like (approx 12 oz reserve juice)
2 jalapenos chopped
2 oz chopped green onions
1 teas sea salt
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 handful chopped cilantro

Use as a raw veggie
Meta Slim Day 11 lunch or dinner
I pulse this in my food processor until I get the consistancy I like (chunky). You can use this with your melba toast like chips and salsa, or top fish, Taco salad. YUM YUM!

maxncandy 02-22-2008 11:52 AM

Sorry. Brocolli Slaw salad is Meta Slim Day 5 for lunch or day 11 for dinner

maxncandy 02-22-2008 04:57 PM

Chicken Sausage

1 teaspoon olive oil
Sea Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon fennel seed
1 1/2 pounds ground chicken breast
1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning (low sodium or chicken boullion HNS)
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon sweet paprika

Place chicken in a bowl and season with poultry seasoning, allspice, paprika, a little sea salt, pepper and fennel seeds and extra-virgin olive oil. Score meat into 4 sections and form 3 small, thin paties from each section, 2 1/2 inches across, 12 small patties total. Heat a griddle pan or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat Spray with Pam. Cook patties 3 to 4 minutes on each side and serve warm. Each pattie is about 2oz.

Meta Slim Day 11 for Breakfast, Day 5 for lunch or dinner. Goes great with the Muffins recipes.

TeddieBare 02-24-2008 10:55 PM

Deviled Eggs
2 med eggs
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp Dijonaise
sea salt to tast (or omit)
pepper

Hard Boil eggs and remove shell. Cut eggs into halves and mix yolks with all the ingredients listed. Put mixture into eggs and sprinkle with paprika if desired.

Servings:1
Replaces 1 protein serving

Broccoli Cheese Soup

Put two cups of water and 4oz of frozen broccoli into a pan and cook until water is boiling and veggies are to your liking. Pour all of that into a bowl (big bowl preferably) and add a cream of chicken HNS (with or without the veggies). Stir and then add 2 ounces of grated cheese. Stir again and eat up! If you add 4 ounces of chicken to it (or two ounces of chicken, depending on your plan) and eat a piece of bread or some fruit you have your whole meal.

Creamy Spinach
4oz spinach.
2oz cottage cheese
1/2 oz cheddar cheese
1 egg

mix ingredients and cook at 350 degree oven for approx. 15-20 minutes. It is like a great creamed spinach.

Garlic Mashed Potatoes
8 oz fresh or frozen cauliflower (I like fresh-less stems)
1 pkg of cream of chicken supplement
1 clove of garlic minced (more or less to taste)
sea salt and pepper to taste

I also added butter buds.

Steam cauliflour until soft. Mash until creamy. (I like a mixer or blender best)
Add remaining ingredients and mix.
Servings:2 Replaces 4 oz cooked veggies 1/2 creamy supp.

Mock Margarita
Blend together:
1/2 container crystal light lemon lime drink
1 pkg strawberry kiwi HNS
1 cup ice
12 ounces water
4 oz Sprite Zero
Makes2 8 oz servings
replaces 1/2 HNS

Soft Spritz Cookies
1 Vanilla Cream Pudding
1 egg
2 Tbsp Splenda
1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
1 ½ tsp water (want a cookie batter consistency)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Whisk all ingredients together. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 min. Either drop cookies by the spoonful or use a cookie press to create shapes. Bake on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam for 7 minutes. May sprinkle with additional Splenda or Splenda with food coloring. Enjoy! Makes 1 serving.

STUFFED PEPPERS
1 lb. ground round or turkey
½ cup chopped green onions
½ tsp. each: garlic powder; pepper
2 small green peppers
1 pkg. cream of tomato supplement
1 cup water
½ cupbean sprouts, optional

Combine meat, 1 tbsp. green onions, garlic powder and pepper. Saute in skillet. Drain. Cut peppers in half, remove seeds and fill with meat mixture. Place in skillet, mix supplement with water, add remaining green onions and pour over peppers. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.

Servings: 4
Beginning: Meta Slim Day 11 Meal: Lunch or Dinner
MetaSlim Plus Day 1 Meal: Lunch or Dinner

Replaces: 4 oz. protein*, 4 oz. cooked vegetables*MetaSlim menu requires higher protein, adjust accordingly.

Yummy Fish
Tilapia (White Fish)
1/2 cup ground Wasa crackers (ground Melba toast would also work)
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb to taste
1-2 TBLS Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (Dry Powder)

Soak the fish in a bowl of cold water.
Mix the dry ingredients in a large ziplock bag.
Coat 1 fish at a time in the coating mixture.
Take 2-3 fillets and fry them in a skillet using 1 TBLS of olive oil on slightly higher than medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.

jeweliek 02-24-2008 11:29 PM

Salad Dressing

Mock Honey Dijon Salad Dressing
6t Dijonnaise
6t EVOO
6t cider vinegar
2t Splenda
Shake up in a shaker bottle
Makes 3 servings

chopingirl 02-25-2008 09:17 AM

Katrina's Lemon Ice Box Pie

filling -
16 oz. cottage cheese
3 lemon chiffon puddings
1 Knox gelatin
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup HOT water

Blend ingredients very well.

crust -
Melba toast
Safflower oil
Splenda

Fruit dip

4 oz. cottage cheese
1 Strawberry Jello gelatin
frozen fruit

Raemi13 02-25-2008 04:33 PM

MRC Tiramisu

1 slice white 40 cal brad
2 eggs
1 pkg. vanilla cream pudding
1-2 tsp. instant decaf coffee
2 tsp. rum extract
1 tsp. creamy hot chocolate
*mix pudding with 1/2 cup water
Mix coffee granules and rum extract. Mix 2 eggs with pudding. Cut bread into cubes and mix in the pudding egg mixture. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Cool...
Dust with 1 tsp. creamy hot chocolate powder.

Serving: 1, proten: 1, Creamy: 1, Bread exchange 1.

Raemi13 02-26-2008 10:11 AM

Shrimp and Green Beans

In a pan saute some garlic (some say garlic is authorized, some don't) in olive oil, then add a chicken buillon supplement mixed in 1/2 cup of water, add Butter Buds, then add shrimp (I use pre-peeled, pre-cooked, tail-off) and cut green beans (from frozen - thawed in microwave). Once heated through, top with parmesan cheese (if lunch - cheese is o.k.) If dinner - just add garlic melba rounds on the side.

Just make sure and measure out your portions of protein and veggies before adding to the pan - make 1 or 2 servings at a time, or more - and just adjust your HNS servings as well.

This is soooo flavorful, just a great meal.