3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center Recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/131391-metabolic-research-center-recipes.html)

DKRiley 08-02-2008 05:30 PM

I'm thinking I'm going to do the soft taco casserole tonight, it just sounds so good.........

cp33 08-02-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namaste (Post 2297340)
Tortilla Chips

1 La Tortilla Factory 50 calorie tortilla
Pam Spray
Seasonings (all optional): salt substitute, low sod taco seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly brush tortilla with water on both sides. Season as desired on both sides. Cut, with a pizza cutter, into triangular chips. Bake for approx 5-7 minutes. Enjoy with salsa.

Makes 1 serving.
Counts as a starch.

Thanks for adding the "stuff to put salsa on." I have definitely been worried that I would lose my favorite foods (mexican). I'm excited to try all of these recipes.

DKRiley 08-02-2008 09:59 PM

I thought there was a cinnamon roll recipe somewhere that used bread. Is anyone familiar with that? I need some breakfast ideas, I can barely get it down, I have been doing 2 eggs and toast but wow even that is tough. I am going to try the french toast, I did purchase some maple flavoring and I believe there is a OP syrup recipe somewhere. Breakfast ideas anyone? Simple, small, etc

wogchica 08-03-2008 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namaste (Post 2295941)
Fresh Salsa

4-6 fresh tomatoes
1/2 cup cilantro
2-4 jalapenos
1 fresh garlic clove
3-4 green onions

Blend ingredients in a blender or food processor. For chuckier salsa, pulse 2-5 times. For smoother salsa, blend until you get the desired consistency. Measure before eating to ensure the right serving size. 4oz salsa does not count as a whole vegetable serving!

... and you told me you didn't cook!?!?! lol... I'm going to try this salsa, it looks delish!!!:D

namaste 08-04-2008 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cp33 (Post 2298517)
Thanks for adding the "stuff to put salsa on." I have definitely been worried that I would lose my favorite foods (mexican). I'm excited to try all of these recipes.

Oh yes, we can't lose our Mexican food! Hope you enjoy it.... Try the soft taco recipe.... The low calorie tortilla's I use are by "La Tortilla Factory" and they are 40 calorie's. They are the size of corn tortilla's but made of wheat. I hope that helps. Oh, they usually aren't with the regular tortilla's so you might want to ask at your supermarket.

namaste 08-04-2008 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wogchica (Post 2298910)
... and you told me you didn't cook!?!?! lol... I'm going to try this salsa, it looks delish!!!:D

Haha!!!!

DKRiley 08-05-2008 07:47 PM

Denise that's the same tortilla's I use, I scorch them in the skillet to get somewhat of a crunch to it, I'm completely hooked on that salsa. My DH even requested the taco casserole tonight, ha...

What do you know about artichokes? I bought one and have no idea what to do with it. You'd think I would have at least had a plan before hand but nope. I used to get a spinach and artichoke keesh <sp> at Panera that I was hoping to work towards. I love the casserole and pot pie type meals.

namaste 08-05-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKRiley (Post 2303317)
Denise that's the same tortilla's I use, I scorch them in the skillet to get somewhat of a crunch to it, I'm completely hooked on that salsa. My DH even requested the taco casserole tonight, ha...

What do you know about artichokes? I bought one and have no idea what to do with it. You'd think I would have at least had a plan before hand but nope. I used to get a spinach and artichoke keesh <sp> at Panera that I was hoping to work towards. I love the casserole and pot pie type meals.

I'm so glad!!! I love that your DH requested the casserole, that's great!

So, I don't know much about artichokes however.... I looked through the MRC cookbook and there is a recipe in there for Spinich Artichoke casserole (if you have the cookbook, it's on page 146). Here is the recipe.... since you bought one and the one in here talks about using frozen, you'll just have to modify it....

2 oz frozen spinich, thawed
2 oz frozen artichokes, thawed
2 oz romano (hard block) cheese
2 tsp mayonnaise (from page 6)
1 pkg cream of chicken supplement
Garlic powder to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small baking dish, mix all ingredients together and cover. Bake until bubbly, about 25 minutes.

Serving 1
Meal Lunch
Replaces Protein, Veggie, and creamy

So... the mayonnaise recipe is as follows:

1 cup safflower oil
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 tsp dry mustard
1 egg
1-2 pkg Equal (optional)
Dash white pepper

In a covered blender or food processor, mix 1/2 cup safflower oil and remaining ingredients for several seconds until thoroughly blended.

Remove center of blender or processor, cover and pour --- very slowly --- the remaining 3/4 cup safflower oil. Continue blending until well mixed.

Serving equals 2 tsp per day

brainsgirl 08-06-2008 04:09 PM

Choc. cheesecake recipe

Has anyone tried the choc. cheesecake recipe in the cookbook? I made the Amazing Cheesecake last night. Had it for breakfast today. It was pretty good. Mindi

DKRiley 08-06-2008 06:03 PM

Thanks Denise, I swear I must have seen that in the cookbook and in my subconcious mind was thinking of it when I purchased the artichoke because I was actually looking for frozen (it can't be found). Sometimes I think my job is making me stupid or at the very least very forgetful. It sounds delicous I am going to try and conquer it.

Brainsgirl did you find the serving size of the cheesecake for breakfast a wee bit overwhelming? I tried it but would have been satisfied with only half what the serving called for. Very good though for sure.

ShineOn 08-06-2008 06:27 PM

brainsgirl - the chocolate cheesecake is one of my favorites! I ran out of chocolate pudding, so I made the Strawberry Banana cheesecake a couple days ago - it's pretty good - but chocolate is still my favorite.

I picked up a few tricks to make it creamier. I get the best results in a food processor.

- I start by making the crust (16 white melba toast rounds, 2 Tbsp safflower oil, 2 pkgs splenda, 1 Tbsp Molly McButter or butter buds (powder) AND, I add 1 tsp of vanilla extract). I process until it is powder crumbs. Spray butter flavored pam in your pan, then press the crust down and chill while making the cheesecake.

- Mix 1/2 cup of boiling water, 2 pkgs splenda & 1 pkg Knox unflavored gelatin in the food processor. Once gelatin is desolved, then add the 16 oz of low fat cottage cheese. Blend until creamy (stop to scrap a couple times). Once the mixture resembles cheesecake, THEN add the 2 pkgs double chocolate pudding supplement. I slightly mix it in by hand before blending (avoids the powder storm :-).

Making it in this order seems to result in the best "cheesecake" look. I had a few disasters until I got it right. I chill overnight and never have a problem eating my two slices for breakfast. ENJOY!

namaste 08-06-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKRiley (Post 2304963)
Thanks Denise, I swear I must have seen that in the cookbook and in my subconcious mind was thinking of it when I purchased the artichoke because I was actually looking for frozen (it can't be found). Sometimes I think my job is making me stupid or at the very least very forgetful. It sounds delicous I am going to try and conquer it.

Brainsgirl did you find the serving size of the cheesecake for breakfast a wee bit overwhelming? I tried it but would have been satisfied with only half what the serving called for. Very good though for sure.

Let me know how it comes out... it sounds delicious to me!!! And btw, my job made me stupid a very long time ago! ;)

namaste 08-06-2008 09:50 PM

Turkey Sausage (breakfast sausage)

2 1/4 lbs ground turkey
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp ground sage
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1 to 2 tsp fennel seed

In a large mixing bowl thoroughly combine all ingredients. Divide mixture into twelve 3 oz portions and shape each portion into a patty.
Spray a nonstick griddle with PAM or nonstick cooking spray and heat. Add sausages and cook. Turn until browned on all sides and cooked throughout.

Makes 12 sausage patties.

tvmitche 08-07-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namaste (Post 2297340)
Tortilla Chips

1 La Tortilla Factory 50 calorie tortilla
Pam Spray
Seasonings (all optional): salt substitute, low sod taco seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly brush tortilla with water on both sides. Season as desired on both sides. Cut, with a pizza cutter, into triangular chips. Bake for approx 5-7 minutes. Enjoy with salsa.

Makes 1 serving.
Counts as a starch.

YOU ARE FULL OF GREAT COOKING IDEAS...THAT'S COOL TO MAKE THE COOKING FUN. THANKS.

LAST NIGHT, I BLENDED MY HNS IN A BLENDER WITH ICE AND WATER...VERY GOOD....THINK I GOT THAT IDEA FROM THIS THREAD.

namaste 08-08-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvmitche (Post 2306411)
YOU ARE FULL OF GREAT COOKING IDEAS...THAT'S COOL TO MAKE THE COOKING FUN. THANKS.

LAST NIGHT, I BLENDED MY HNS IN A BLENDER WITH ICE AND WATER...VERY GOOD....THINK I GOT THAT IDEA FROM THIS THREAD.

You're welcome!

It's good when you blend it, isn't it!!! I like to mix half and half HNS (example... 1/2 orange and 1/2 strawberry kiwi) in the blender with ice and water.... it's good too! give it a shot!