Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #31  
Aprilw94

dang!!!!!!!!!! i didn't get any under the table deals!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha. Jeanie is actually the one who told me about the plan and really inspired me with her before and after pics, but I haven't seen her since because I weigh in in the mornings.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:10 AM   #32  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCfromFL View Post

Do any of you guys have any 'secrets' or 'great ideas' for Movie Munchies? We're going to see the new Harry Potter movie at the IMAX theater tomorrow and I need something else besides popcorn!!!
I'm not a big movie eater, but I've taken the chocolate crispy HNS to the movies a time or two. I forget the actual name of them, but they're really good.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:24 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

Height: 5'7"

aszimmer - You've been so strong and are going through so much - you deserve a moment to let yourself feel bad. I'm glad you're getting your motivation back and not giving up! Look at your ticker, girl! Your husband will be so thrilled to see you, no matter how much or how little you lose. Hang in there!
Old 07-11-2007, 03:40 AM   #34  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Hvnlymzic for the jello ideas.

Well, I went to WI today and I recieved some good news and some bad news. First the good news. I lost 4.5 lbs since last Friday's WI (YA HOOOO!!!!!)
That's a total of 24 lbs since I started a month ago. Which averages out to about 6 lbs/wk. This program ROCKS!!! So I got to sign the 20 lb board, while my consultant Jackie rang the big cow bell.

I know, guys lose weight faster. I have really been sticking to the plan though, and have never cheated except for maybe using gel toothpaste. I did have two consecutive WI's with only 1/2 lb loss. (Boo Hoo)

Now for the bad news. For some reason the Tanita scale says my fat% and BMI went up instead of down. So either I'm losing muscle and bone, or the Tanita is out of wack. Jackie thinks I didn't get an accurate initial read. So, I guess I will have to find out next month.

BTW who is this TOM character? Seems like nobody on this thread likes him. LOL

hdaisy96 I asked my consultant today about cravings. She said that the supplement Guggul helps control cravings for carbs and sodium. You can buy it at MRC or most health food stores if you want to try it.

I don't know about everyone else here, but I'm getting a little bored with chicken.
I noticed Squirrel and Gator on the Protein list. Has anyone tried Squirrel or Gator? If so, where can I get it? any good recipes?

Everyone stay strong

Old 07-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 232/215.5/145

Height: 5'4"

I enjoy the buffalo sometimes and have tried Gator in the past (before I started the diet)

I know you can get buffalo at walmart and Publix. The gator I got at a meat market. Gator Jerky is big here.

I'm having such a hard time with the veggies. Of course all the ones my family will eat are not on the diet.

Do any of you have any great recipes you cook and can feed the entire family that you can eat?

This house is quite difficult to diet in since my hubby is 6' 148 lbs. and eats whatever he wants. 2 of my kids take after him and the 3rd is like me But is so active he puts on a little weight after football ends but now that practice started again it goes right back down.(football is 4 nights a week plus a game)

Also how often do most of you exercise?

Danielle
Old 07-11-2007, 11:39 AM   #36  

Height: 5'6''

Hey All - I tried the HNS mixed with a Knox Gelatin...it turned out pretty good. I don't know if its really legal or not...I'll ask at weigh in tonight, but here is how I mixed it. I used 2oz of cold water, 6oz of boiling water, 1 packet of HNS concentrate and 1 packet of Knox. I followed the directions on the Knox as to when to mix what in what order. It turned out pretty good
aprilw94 - I go to church with Jeanne, she and I teach a children's choir together. She was a big influencer on us to join up too.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #37  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

I like the buffalo, also. I plan on making it today for dinner tonight at work. (burgers). My family is hard to feed as well. My husband will eat whatever I cook, and my daughter likes salad, tuna, and sometimes chicken. My son has a sensory processing disorder, so we don't really try to change his eating habits. (causes too much stress for all of us, and then he pulls his hair out - trichotillomania - so we try to avoid big changes). So what I'm saying is I am a short order cook...

I am fortunate enough to like all the veggies on the list. And I have done what others here do - eat cooked for one meal and raw for the next. Remeber that cucumbers are quite heavy, and a good sized one can weigh 8 ounces with out the skin on. Sometimes for lunch I will cut up cukes & a few tomatoes and mix them in with my 6 ounces of tuna. (I weigh everything) I also run water over my tuna (while it's in the can) to get rid of some of the sodium. Don't know how much it helps, but I like to think some of the sodium is getting rinsed off by doing that. I also "treat" myself to steak every other week. I know I can have it more often, but then it won't make it as special. We have been eating a lot of: fish (tilapia, grouper, snapper, mahi-mahi, salmo), tuna (albacore in water), chicken (breasts, strips), buffalo (ground), turkey (ground as well as whole)... I vary the way I cook it each night - if I'm not working. My husband & the kids are on their own when I work, that's when they get McDonalds, or Pizza Hut...

Anyway - that's my two cents worth. Hope it helps someone! Have a wonderful day everyone! I go to wi tomorrow - and unfortunately I think it's my turn for TOM. nodoughnuts - one of the perks of being a man is you have no TOM... unless he's your drinking buddy! Thanks for your prospective! It's so nice to have you here!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:20 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 233/233/160

Height: 5'10"

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. I will defniitely have to try them out. This week is a little better with the cravings. (Thank goodness)

I think that it has helped that I have stepped up on my exercising. I am hoping that that helps kick up the weigh loss a little more. I am going to WI tomorrow so I am curious what the scale shows. I am only 1/2 lb away from the 10 lb mark so I am hoping that I hit that. I should, but you never know when you way in the afternoon.

For cooking I use the buffalo meat quite a bit. I almost like it better than hamburger. A couple of nights ago I made the MRC taco meat and that was a nice change from the chicken and turkey. I am not a huge fish fan so I usually don't fix that. There are a couple of other recipes that I fall back on too when I want a tasty treat. I usually make the Root Beer Float recipe in the MRC cookbook and the dreamcicle recipe. They are quite good. There are a few recipes for diet chocolate soda but I have not been able to find that anywhere. Anyone have any ideas where I could find that. I will definitely have to check out the website for the flavorings. A lot of the recipes have them, but they are not sold at my grocery store.

Well, keep up the good work everyone. This thread is expanding very quickly. This is truely an awesome support group. Thanks again everyone!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 205/190/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey, fellow MRCers. I've been lurking around your thread for the past couple of weeks. I am on Day 18 of the program. I have a couple of questions - 1) Do you all include the weight you lost in your pre-conditioning in your total weight lost - or are you just going from where you were on Day 1 of the actual plan? 2) About how much per week do you think you spend on the plan - just on the center's supplements and stuff - not on groceries? I ask about the weight loss #s because I just got to the 10 pound mark - and I lost 8 of those during my four days of pre-conditioning! As far as the cost, I have already spent over $700 at the center - and I haven't even made it through the first month. You all seem to be doing so well - and you are the inspiration I've needed to stick to it - I'm just worried about those two questions. I figured you are all the experts I can trust the most since you are not trying to sell me anything.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #40  
Aprilw94

I would count the weight you lost in pre conditioning as well....because heck it is 8lbs off your body!!!! I lost 5.5 and counted every last ounce! Also, I only buy the flax and the mrc6 now. I started with many more supplements and found I am doing just as great without all the extras, however it is to each their own. Then I just cut back from 5 HNS drinks a day to 4 so now I get about 9 days out of that so I figure I spend $50 every week and a half. thats it for me! I let you know if I slow down from cutting out that extra drink.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:24 PM   #41  
Em

[QUOTE=DanielleFL;1769551]

Do any of you have any great recipes you cook and can feed the entire family that you can eat?

Also how often do most of you exercise?

It's just me & my husband, but I tend to base his meal on what I'm eating, and add some extra starchy stuff for him. Every once in a while I'll eat something totally different (leftovers) but I figure if it's good enough for me, it's good enough for him
Day one of the program was day one of regular exercise for me - I walked 6 days a week. I figured if I was going to the trouble & expense I wanted to maximize my potential to succeed, and knew exercise was key. After a month or two I added weight training. I'm not quite as faithful as I should be with the exercise recently, but I've kept at it enough to keep the lbs under control even if the eating isn't always.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:29 PM   #42  
Em

[QUOTE=coachmoss;1770572]I am on Day 18 of the program. I have a couple of questions - 1) Do you all include the weight you lost in your pre-conditioning in your total weight lost - or are you just going from where you were on Day 1 of the actual plan? 2) About how much per week do you think you spend on the plan - just on the center's supplements and stuff - not on groceries?

1. I count how much I lost from the day I signed up.
2. I don't have a clue how much I spend/spent (I'm on maintenance now) but I stopped buying supplements at MRC other than the ones that are exclusively available there. So I got HNS, MRC-6 & Hoodia from them (the hoodia because it just seemed to work better than any I got anywhere else). Flax, vitamins, 5HTP, etc, I get a LOT cheaper at other places. I only used 2 HNS a day most of the time - figured when I hit a plateau I'd need the boost of the 3rd to help break through. Worked for me, but it's a YMMV thing.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:12 PM   #43  

coachmoss...I agree with the others about adding the weight from pre-conditioning. I have spent over $1500 on the program since mid-March. My center requires me to purchase the multivitamin and flax seed oil, along with the HNS. I got sucked into buying all the extras (MRC6, Cortitrim, Enhancer, Trifala and Liquid Minerals), but have stopped all but Trifala. I am losing just as much, if not more, than when I was taking all the extras. They aren't too happy about that (they make commission on their sales), but I am close to my goal and would be cutting them out soon enough. I have 4 HNS a day (2 concentrates, 1 creamy, 1 jello). I'm sure the extras work differently of everybody, but I didn't see a difference. The HNS is to help maintain your muscle.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:44 PM   #44  
Living Happily Ever After

S/C/G: 229/tracker/133

Height: 5'3

Just wanted to pass on a new recipe i had for dinner. Its Tangy Orange Chicken from the cookbook.

4 oz chicken breast
1 pkg orange HNS dissolved in 1 cupwater
favorite seasoning

Combine all. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer until tender about 30 min.

I varied a little I used some leftover grilled chicken from the night before, added 8 oz raw Zuccini and cooked the same. It was like an oriental dish (Soup). I loved it. In fact my 6 year old kept asking for a bite as he loved it too. The Zuc too! I will make this again. Didn't feel like same old same old.

I have also began a new breakfast thing. It may be in the cookbook but I don't know. I put my 4 oz cott cheese, HNS Clear, 5 ice cubes and a splach of Diet right flavor that compliments the HNS all in the blender for a morning smoothie with my cinnamon toast. Super fast easy and yummy.

I have picked up exercise as well. I do 20 minutes of Biggest looser DVD, 2 miles walk away the pounds DVD and then 4 reps of 25 speed jump rope. I am exhausted after but I am really motivated. This is a nightly routine. Not for everyone and this is my NEW routine for July! Prior to this it was just sports with the kids. Now its too hot to play like that so the DVDs are a great way to get moving.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:00 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 202.5/180/160

Height: 5'7

Welcome Coachmoss!

I too have been a lurker for the past month. I am on day 32 of MRC and have lost 17 lbs., including the 4 I lost during pre-conditioning. We have similiar stats I noticed.

I use 3 to 4 supplements a day so I spend 50 every week and a half. The only thing I have purcharsed from my center is the fat and carb blocker. I buy my MV, flax, MSM, and Ca elsewhere. It can get very expensive buying all the extra supplements. I feel that I am doing fine without them at this point.

Danielle - I exercise up to 5 days a weeks. I either do my ellipitcal machine or walk/jog for 30 minutes.

I have appreciated all the great support and advice from everyone in forum. Thank you and have a great day!
Closed Thread