Old 02-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 241/241/205

Height: 6'3"

Default It's easy it's hard

Believe it or not, it is so easy to lose weight(I lost 45 lbs. in 5 months 2 years ago) when you are "motivated" - I was going for a law enforcement job. Needing "motivation" though is a cop out - being healthy and not dying young should be all the motivation I / we need. Of course, the hard part is sticking with it and keeping it off. Here's how I did it:
I am 6'3"
I was 272 lbs.
Here is how I lost 45 lbs. without a tremendous amount of effort.

Breakfast - 1 lb. of frozen blueberries, turkey sandwich(4 oz. turkey on whole grain bread)
Snack - Fruit(Either an apple, a banana, an orange, a pint of berries, or 40 grapes) & and 1 string cheese.
Lunch - Romaine, Tomatoes, Onion, 4 oz. grilled chicken, 2 hard-boiled egg whites, red vinegar, 6 oz. non-cream based soup
Snack - Same as Snack 1
Dinner - 4 oz. of either grilled chicken, ground turkey, soy dog, or veggie burger, 2 Light English muffins or 2 pieces of whole grain toast with I can't believe it's not butter, and baby spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, jalapenos, onions, and peppers in a covered pan with a little hot sauce.
Dessert - Frozen berries with fat free whipped cream or canned peaches with fat free whipped cream.

And now, the most important part - Walk at least 4 miles every night and drink 20 glasses of water. 4 miles should only take about an hour - watch an hour less t.v. everyday and walk!

Eating the same or almost the same thing every day can get boring, so at the very least, I would limit myself to 1600 calories a day no matter what I ate. I mean, let's be realistic, we sometimes eat things that aren't the best for us, but, if I did, it meant I had to eat less because I didn't want to go over the designated calories.

It's amazing, when I started taking note of calories, I looked back and realized I was eating at least, I stress at least 4500 calories a day(that is insane).

Not sure about anyone else, but I am a whole milk junkie. Can't drink 2%, 1% or skim. Too thin and never seems to be as ice cold as whole milk. As we all know, whole milk is very fattening. So, if you are like me and can't imagine going without whole milk, I urge you to get Skim Plus - it is fat free and is creamy and delicious just like whole.

Best of luck to everyone. You can do it.
gksmith16 is offline   Reply With Quote