Old 06-15-2009, 01:20 AM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleneok View Post
Hi everyone! I am on my 4th day of Medifast and feel a LOT better- just thought I would check in!
Good for you! When do you weigh in? I do it weekly. Dont do it any more than that because you will be disheartened if the scale goes up. All that is is fluid but you dont need to know if you are up. Our body fluctuates each day. The tried and true way to know if you have lost is to give it a week in between or...even more. Do not weigh every day. Been there done that and went insane!
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:22 AM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnywarmth View Post
LOL! I just got a visual of that Rhino!
Talk about gas?---the new crunch bars do that to me. Enough to make me stop eating them?---Nope!----I live alone, however my dog will leave the room!

LOL that is hilarious!!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #33  
arleneok

S/C/G: 263/263/165

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
For about the first month, I feel ornary and have gas! LOL

Even though the weight comes off, that first month is a beast. You just hve to keep plugging away, dont miss your meals and if you cannot stand one more minute, have another shake or soup. Often times I add an extra shake to my day. I dont think anything of it. So some days I do the 6 and 1 and other days the 5 and 1. And when I am doing the full fast, I always have 6 to 7 products. I kind of tweak the program to work for my hunger needs and that varies each day.
I wish I remembered this advice last night! I was great all day long until right before bedtime and all of a sudden I was STARVING. If I had not made a 100% commitment to myself with this program I would a completely gone off. but what I did was eat another lean and green. I should have had another shake and will learn from my timing to really spread out my meals so this doesn't happen again. I think also, I chopped up some mushrooms in my salad earlier in the day and they just tasted gross to me so my original lean and green did not fill me up because I could not finish it.
arleneok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #34  
Sexy Fat Girl

S/C/G: 355/ticker/140-for the moment

Height: 5'7

I am really wanting to start this!! I am a bit nervous about this, I am hoping to be able to do this. I really need to, I weight just under 300, and I really want to not get to that...I am only twenty, and I can't keep up like this, I want this because it will give me a jump to get to about 160 and then I am going to finish up with weight watchers, so I am thinking about a year or so to get to where I need to be. I am worried about the MF but I think I could do this. I really would like to hear from you all, for some tips and any good thoughts...Thank you very much...
sharpie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #35  
arleneok

S/C/G: 263/263/165

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie89 View Post
I am really wanting to start this!! I am a bit nervous about this, I am hoping to be able to do this. I really need to, I weight just under 300, and I really want to not get to that...I am only twenty, and I can't keep up like this, I want this because it will give me a jump to get to about 160 and then I am going to finish up with weight watchers, so I am thinking about a year or so to get to where I need to be. I am worried about the MF but I think I could do this. I really would like to hear from you all, for some tips and any good thoughts...Thank you very much...
Hi there! well, I have only been on Medifast for 6 days but I have already lost a little over 10 lbs.
I will be honest with you, it was difficult the first few days, but it is easier every day now. Also once you find a few good and filling lean and greens that should make it easier (like yesterday I had an eggbeaters omlette and spinach) I know that I don't have a lot of experience yet to really say much about this program but I will say from personal experience that I have always felt like I had the worst will power EVER and I did not honestly believe I could ever really make a positive change for my weight.
However with Medifast, I read alot of reviews and got involved in talking to people in the Medi community and made a commitment to myself. I actually have hope and believe that I can really do this! I KNOW if I can do it, you can too. Medifast may or may not be the right plan for you, but it may be worth a try. Keep us posted
arleneok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #36  
Operator265

I did well on this program. It really helped me drop the weight and encouraged me. I don't know if I could have made changes with going very slowly. It also made it easier since my job at the time made it difficult to cook at home regularly. I was able to lose weight while researching my plan for life.

I'm about to go back on it again. I went in 20-25 lb spurts. I wanted to give my muscles and skin some time to adjust. Good thing I still have about 30 to go since I'm getting my molars all pulled tomorrow in preparation for dentures. It's best to pull them then give my jaw time to heal before being fitted. Now, I will be able to maintain good nutrition without having to worry about damaging the stitches. And, I'll be shooting for my goal weight.

The biggest thing for me was that this program gave me breathing room and the chance to study up and prepare for a healthy lifestyle. You simply cannot go back to your old ways of eating. That's how we got here in the first place. That's true with any weight loss plan. You must be prepared to change how you eat. This program will help you get used to eating smaller but more often during the day. The L&G portion will help you learn how to prepare healthy meals and what a proper portion looks and feels like. I found it much easier to learn how to prepare one meal a day rather than 3-5 all at once.

Good luck on your journey, whatever you decide.

Last edited by Operator265; 06-16-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:03 PM   #37  

My personal opinion is Medifast has the most nutrients and is healthiest in the line of low calorie liquid diets go. I went to 6 different doctors just to make sure, 4 MD's and 2 dieticians. All gave it a happy thumbs up. I brought in several of the products to show them and they scrutinized every thing and determined I was getting everything I needed.

I am getting towards the end now, only a pinch over 20 pounds left and I cannot imagine life without Medifast. I will give up all the junk I ate before and eat only healthy foods and keep my cupboards stocked with Medifast for supplimentation. I actually love the products, well most of them!

Best program out there if you ask me!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
For about the first month, I feel ornary and have gas! LOL

Even though the weight comes off, that first month is a beast. You just hve to keep plugging away, dont miss your meals and if you cannot stand one more minute, have another shake or soup. Often times I add an extra shake to my day. I dont think anything of it. So some days I do the 6 and 1 and other days the 5 and 1. And when I am doing the full fast, I always have 6 to 7 products. I kind of tweak the program to work for my hunger needs and that varies each day.
As long as it isn't like Protein gas, then I wouldn't worry. That protein gas will make you spit up your last week's meals. Trust me I know... My two sons take a lot of supplements because they are bodybuilders looking to go pro. They actually have contest trying to gross each other out... I am thinking about getting an extra room built specifically for them to go and STAY in while they air out.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote