Old 03-10-2009, 02:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 289/226/150

Height: 5'5"

Default quick weight loss and loose skin

I am starting Medifast tomorrow and I'm a bit concerned about the rate of weight loss. I'm going on a cruise next month and want to drop weight for it, but I'm concerned with losing weight so fast that my skin can't keep up. Advice?
thope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/213/150

Height: 5ft 5 in

My advice would be to also exercise a bit. My mother got bariatrix surgery and she just lost weight too fast and didn't work out. I was almost 300 pds once and now 213 and I don't have any lose skin I work out the areas I need to.
Just my opinion. Good Luck!
BlackRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #3  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Sorry to tell you this but you can lose weight slooooowly and still have loose skin. And excercise tones muscles, not skin. Youth and good genes are the only things that help.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #4  
Razzberre

S/C/G: 180/180/145

Height: 5'5

Default Toning helps at any stage..and is really important

I agree, if you do lose too quickly, it will cause loose skin.
But I think if you commit to toning exercises and work upper body one day then core then next and then lower body, it will create balance. As well as the increased muscle will help you burn calories, and help with the weight loss.

Razzberre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 289/226/150

Yes Nada, I know that loose skin can happen with any rate of weight loss I've heard that it's more likely to happen though with quick weight loss. I do love to exercise and part of me was a little sad when I watched the DVD last night that recommended cutting back on exercise for a couple of weeks until I am used to this low cal diet.
thope is offline   Reply With Quote