Old 02-13-2009, 08:43 AM   #31  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Thanks Operator...How is the WS going? Is your DD still doing it also? Does it keep you as satisfied as the MF? I may have to switch over...I was hopng I would be to goal quicker...but I keep having my cheat days..so I have basically been treading water since Christmas. I need to just stick to it the way I used to...I need to quit wasting my time and money. I don't know why I get this close and start slacking off...

I'll take that Will Power dust...You might want to throw in a good butt kickin for good measure!

Last edited by djay; 02-13-2009 at 08:44 AM.
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #32  
Operator265

I've been slacking lately too. Kiddo isn't really into it anymore. It's tough for her with school. She doesn't want to take the stuff with her and be seen with it. She gets picked on enough for being overweight, non-LDS and a determined individualist.

My problem is that I look so much better than I used to that I don't have the urgency anymore. I carry my weight well, so I don't "look" 175. The folks at work seem to guess me at 150. Plus, being in UT, most folks my age are a bit overweight. It's what happens when partying is restricted to non-alcoholic drinks and attending family/ward functions. Food is major social component here, more so than many places. Also, I'm trying to quit smoking.

I am ordering a few more things to fill in so I don't have to eat the Chix packets all the time. When I run out after that we'll be switching to a healthy eating lifestyle. It won't be hard. We've always liked healthy foods. Just my job gets in the way and fast food was easier to deal with. Now, I've been searching for and setting up a recipe book with quick meals and meals that can be prepped on days off and stored for during the week. Also getting kiddo to start making dinners. I think it should work out well and give us something to focus on together.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #33  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

HI all! - and hello to the "newbies" nice to see some new faces around here!

I'm STILL not back on MediFast just yet... but my husband very well MAY HAVE a job VERY SOON! - he has had two interviews & he feels very certain they are going to make him an offer... so FINGERS crossed! - And if he DOES get this job, then I have to make a decision.... back on MediFast, or give Wonderslim a try? MF worked so well for me while I was on it... but I've heard that WS is less expensive & has better tasting food. So I may try that when my hubby is making money again.

Right now, I'm exercising (sporadically, but trying to do SOMETHING every day) and trying to be "good" about my food intake. And while I did lose another 3 pounds after I finished the last of my MF foods, I haven't lost anymore - and for some weird reason, THIS WEEK, I have been craving CHOCOLATE like crazy! - And I'm the person at work who takes care of the vending machine (makes it harder!) - so I have access to alllllllll the goodies allllll the time. Dammit! And I have gone crazy over Hershey's w/Almonds bars... I'm hoping that I'll get sick of them soon...

Anyway - that's what's happening in Beachy's world! - hope you all are staying OP (MOTT) and doing well!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:23 PM   #34  
Crazy fibre chick

S/C/G: 260/235/140

Height: 5'5-1/2"

Here's hoping your husband lands one of those jobs, Beachy! I am having to switch from MF to NLS myself for financial reasons. Also, my MF ran out on Wed. night, and my new shipment hasn't arrived yet (wah!) so I will have to wait until Monday and I really pray that it's not been held up in customs and is actually there then! I've lost 20 pounds since just before Xmas, and really, really don't want to have to re-do any of it, KWIM? So I kinda sympathize with you, not being on MF and needing to be.

DH, bless his soul, told me rather severely, that if I noticed my health was deteriorating on NLS (as it seems to be not quite as healthy as MF), that I was to switch back immediately, but I think that won't happen. I hope I'll be done with this (full time anyway) in 7 months, and losing the excess fat will more than compensate for the difference in program! Also, nothing a multivitamin can't fix, and the trans-fats are limited in the products.

You know, I've only been off plan for 2 days, and I have sort of been in a state of panic the entire time. I am so glad there is a substantial transition program when the weight loss is complete. Apparently, I have forgotten everything I thought I knew about nutrition, and am completely lost, lol!

And that's what's going on in the great white north for now, ciao.
voluptuous6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #35  
Crazy fibre chick

Wow, we're slow here lately!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:06 PM   #36  
zay

I know! I've been logging in a couple times a day and....nothing!

I'm going to start up a thread.
zay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #37  
Crazy fibre chick

I am saved!!! my Medifast package came in the mail today, so I am sipping back a chai (not too bad!) with huge spoons of relief. I thought I was careful, but managed to gain back 3 pounds:0 since Wednesday night. Clearly, I have a lot more to learn about me and my chubs.

Hey, Zay, good to see someone on here at last.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #38  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Hi group,

I've wanted to start working out and picked up a few Taebo dvd's. The workout looks fun but I've always struggled watching a dvd where the instructor isn't facing away from me. I used to take step classes and cardio classes but because the instructor's back was to the group it was much easier for me to pickup the movements. Does anyone know of a dvd that was made like this? Even if it is just instructional and not a actual workout as long as I can "see" the movements in the way they are intended it would be very helpful.

Jen

Last edited by abovethedin; 02-17-2009 at 08:49 AM.
abovethedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #39  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

hey all!
i think I'm finally getting back on track...well this is my second day pop...so if i can hang on 1 more day i wil be in ketosis and things will get so much easier! You are right operator...only 18 more...time to get-er-dun...
DJ
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #40  
Crazy fibre chick

Just wanted to pop in and wish everybody a great OP day!
Old 02-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #41  
Operator265

Well, I've been off plan for a week or so. Tomorrow is my rededication day. I'm just gonna do the 5 & 1 for now and skip the fruit and starches for awhile. A little less complicated that way.

Good Luck Everyone!!!
Old 02-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #42  
Crazy fibre chick

Hang in there, Operator. We can do this!
Old 02-22-2009, 07:17 AM   #43  
Winning the losing game

Height: 5'7"

Default Medifast is working great

So far so good. This plan gets easier with time, at least with me so far, but I've only been on it for a little over a month.
littlebigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #44  
Crazy fibre chick

But look at your progress, Tex! Wow, I'm in serious envy. I've been back OP for almost a week, and only saw the scale move today.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:21 AM   #45  
Winning the losing game

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by voluptuous6 View Post
But look at your progress, Tex! Wow, I'm in serious envy. I've been back OP for almost a week, and only saw the scale move today.
Thanks Volupt...weightloss is such a lifetime battle. This is one that I'm going to finally win though.
littlebigtex is offline   Reply With Quote