Old 02-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Smile newbie hello

Hello everyone! I am new to this site and I just purchased Medifast this morning. I'm looking forward to starting the plan! I figured I'd join a forum because the last time I was part of one I met my boyfriend, and that was 5 years ago! I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and I hope everything goes well!

ps- the hair loss thing scares me, how often does this happen?
Zerralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

I have been on for 3 weeks and have not had hair loss. I did have it when I was dieting on my own, I did not take vitamins. You don't take them on MF either because you get what you need on the diet and shouldn't increase some vitamins.

I am adding 1 tablespoon of flaxseed to a shake every day to help with skin and hair and to keep my system moving. I bought whole flaxseed but read that they should be ground so I am still researching. You can also add some olive oil to your diet each day and that will help with skin and hair. It will also protect your gallbladder.

When you get your order, try things and if there is something that you don't like you can call them and xchange within 30 days. I am sending back 8 boxes of things. You can try one packet from the box and still send the box back.

Did you get bars? The choc mint is great warmed in the microwave for 5 seconds. My daughter loves Smores, I love caramel nut. I don't eat them everyday, just don't always want one although you could. After 3 weeks I miss salty crunchy things. Many things are sweet and I normally like sweet but I miss chips. So, you can order the crackers and have a pack a day if you miss the crunch. Laughing Cow cheese is also a great treat.

If you ordered soups, remember to soak them so they get soft. The oatmeal is best with the hot water added to it, not microwaved with the water in it. A pack of splenda some cinnamon, etc is nice IF you like oatmeal. The eggs are best on the stove and cook quickly.

My favorite things are the shakes. I found a tiny blender like the magic bullet at walmart for $14 because I got tired of washing my big blender. It is by Hamilton Beach. Many people buy sugar free flavorings for the foods. I ordered some by capella and my daughter and I disliked them. Others love them. We like the Toraini sp that you can buy at World Market etc. You can also go to starbucks and they will sell you the bottles of their sugar free syrups.

Okay, I have gone on and on!

It's cool that you met your guy online! I have 5 friends that I talk to everyday online, it's a decorating site that morphed to friendship. I have only met one in real life but we are quite close. I don't know what I would have done without this board!
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:13 PM   #3  

I've seen quite a few people mention that they add more fat to protect the gall bladder. Is that in addition to the recommendations set up with the meats in the quick start guide that's online?
Zeute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:14 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Thank you so much for all the info!!!
Zerralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5"8"

I have also been on Medifast for over a month and have not noticed hair loss. What I have noticed:

Increase to the max energy
Derease in clothing sizes-even though my weight loss is minimal my clothes fit differently. The protein helps us lose in the right places, not just smaller chest size! LOL
Decrease in appetite.

There are so many wonderful things!

I make all of my food with a hot water instead of the microwave. I have an electric tea kettle so it makes things very easy.

Good luck!
Vbevens is offline   Reply With Quote