Old 08-23-2005, 11:14 AM   #1  

Default How does by LC plan look?

Yesterday I decided to try eating the low carb way. Can someone critique my food intake...did I do okay? what changes can I make? any other tips? This is something I want to do to lose belly fat...I have lost over 60 pounds on WW, but I struggle each day with binges and portion control...thanks!

Breakfast: coffee, 2 eggs, 1 piece bacon and a small amount of shredded cheese.

Lunch: Big salad with lettuce, broccoli, peas, tomatoes, cheese, bacon bits, sunflower seeds and regular ranch dressing.

Snack: tomatoes with salt and pepper

Supper: chicken breast, zucchini with olive oil, and more tomatoes

Snack: 2 deli roast beef slices with 2 slices of american cheese.
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:20 PM   #2  

Day 3 on the LC diet...feeling thinner, but the scale hasn't moved...any suggestions...anyone???
Old 08-24-2005, 08:30 PM   #3  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Arrow Get the book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealperson
Yesterday I decided to try eating the low carb way. Can someone critique my food intake...did I do okay? what changes can I make? any other tips? This is something I want to do to lose belly fat...I have lost over 60 pounds on WW, but I struggle each day with binges and portion control...thanks!

Lunch: Big salad with lettuce, broccoli, peas, tomatoes, cheese, bacon bits, sunflower seeds and regular ranch dressing.

Cut out the peas (they are very high in sugar) and watch the label on the Ranch dressing. Those things are often loaded with a sugar and a "serving" is just 2 tablespoons.

If you are going to do an aggressive low carb plan, please get Dr. Atkins book. It will explain everything and has sample menus for Induction.
FatVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Or decide on a low carb plan even if it isn't atkins, get the book, read it and follow it. Low carb diets are based on science and unless you have a good grasp of the science behind them it is hard to "wing it" on your own. It is best to follow a plan that someone else has already worked out. There are several good quality low carb plans to choose from.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:39 PM   #5  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by petra65
Or decide on a low carb plan even if it isn't atkins, get the book, read it and follow it. Low carb diets are based on science and unless you have a good grasp of the science behind them it is hard to "wing it" on your own. It is best to follow a plan that someone else has already worked out. There are several good quality low carb plans to choose from.
Very true!
FatVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 02:38 AM   #6  

I would watch the tomatoes. 3x is a lot. What are you drinking?
How much water?
Sue L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/167/130

Make sure you drink your water and take supplements, very important. Judy
Born2run2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 09:19 AM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealperson

Hi Idealperson,
You don't say which LC plan you are following but, here goes...

How are you drinking your coffee? Heavy Cream? Half & Half? Light Cream? Splenda or any other sweetener? Is it Decaf? What kind of cheese are you eating? Pea's & Tomatoes both contain sugar and you need to avoid sugar. Bacon bits?...are they the kind you buy in the can? Be careful of those, lots of sodium. Sunflower seeds are something that are not allowed until the later stages of a low carb plan (at least on my plan...Atkins). As for the ranch dressing..be careful, they are not all created equal...my rule is if the 2 Tbsp. serving is over 2 carbs...I don't eat it. The deli roast beef could also contain sugar crazy as that sounds!

Are you drinking plenty of water?? Taking vitamins??

All the best to you,

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:38 PM   #9  

Hey jerseygirl! Thanks for the heads-up on these items. I drink my coffee black-like the true Norwegian that I am! I have lost 23# doing WW, but I have re-started the LC way of eating the last two weeks, not much of a weigh loss yet, but I am sticking to it...I feel better, less bloated, no heartburn, not hungry at all! I have given up the peas and cut back on tomaotes...keep in touch!
Old 04-23-2006, 09:24 PM   #10  
fighting the sugar demon!

S/C/G: 281/263.9/190

Height: 5'8.5

Have you tried the low carb WW plan? from what I remember they do have a lower carb version that works with points.

Have you read any of the specific books?

Sunflower seeds and tomatoes are allowed on South Beach
irisheyes213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:25 PM   #11  

I have all the books and I have reached lifetime at WW, I am doing my own thing...but mostly Atkins. I am staying away from all flour and sugar. Tho today I ate lunch at a Chinese Buffett and some of the meat was breaded, but I didn't have any rice or lo mein noodles! I think it isn't coming off very fast because I am always dieting and very near to my goal weight (or returning to goal)...but I do like not having tummy troubles and not feeling hungry...two big plus'!
Old 06-30-2006, 12:30 PM   #12  

Just an update...

I am sticking with the Atkins plan and am now down a total of..... drumroll please.....48 pounds! Tho I have been losing slower than some folks, it is coming off, and now that I am raising some fruits and veggies in my garden I have detered and allowed certain foods back into my diet.

Life is too short not to enjoy the fruits of nature!

Highest 209#
Today 161#
5'8"