What do I eat for breakfast (and please don't say "eggs")

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • 1/3 cup of tvp with cream and a little splenda. Or flax meal. I also like a morning shake. Judy H
  • I bought Whey Protein Powder and i have a shake in the morning. I am supposed to mix it with water, which does not taste very nice. So i mix it with half skim milk and half water, will this stall my weight loss???
  • I don't like eggs and breakfast is hard. I like to cook up some sausage patties and cover them in american or cheddar cheese. It's a sausage biscuit with no biscuit.
  • OK, this isn't my everyday breakfast, but it is my favorite.

Ingredients:
    3 strips of bacon
    1 slice of ham
    2 rounds of hard salami
    1 or 2 slices of American Cheese
    2 Eggs

How to:
    In a large frying pan, lay out all the meats and heat till slightly brown. Leave the longish slice of ham on the bottom, put one slice of cheese on top of it, then the salami over that, then another slice of cheese, then the bacon. Put all that off to the side, then throw your eggs in, fry em up to taste, then add them to the top of the concoction. I always leave the eggs a little runny so I have a "sauce" of sorts. Delicious!! I promise.
  • Great Ideas! Thank you!
  • sometimes i hate eggs too.ha ha

lets see.......instant grits,instant oatmeal,turkey bacon or some kind of protein drink.i think someone stated SLIM FAST but make sure its the one with LESS SUGAR.
    maybe u can try a protein bar with a glass of skim milk or soy milk.
  • 1/3 a cup oatmeal with lotsa cinnamon, apple, flaxseed, dash of tumeric, and sunflower or pumpkin seeds.

OR

Cereal (rice krispies currently)

OR

Bacon and eggs - but this is a once a month or less kinda thing.
  • I just did the mock danish this morning. It was amazing. Usually I just do a protein shake.
  • Piece of meat (chicken tender, chicken sausage, other sausage) sauteed in a pan, then when it is nearly done, heat up about a quarter cup of beans (kidney, black eyed peas, black beans) in the same pan. Sprinkle on some cheese, salsa and chopped parsley. South Beach includes beans, and it provides some of the starchy taste I associate with breakfast. I just open a can of beans, measure out what I want, rinse.
  • I just tried this for breakfast and loved it. http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/flax_pancake.html

i put a little cream cheese and splenda on top since I did not have low carb syrup and it was yummy. Strawberries might be good or some other low carb berry but I did not have any. It tastes wierd without a topping though.
  • LSA crepes

http://www.mrbreakfast.com/low_carb.asp has a few good looking recipes (I've only been low carb for a week so not tried them yet, but I'm keen to try the hashbrown). I've been eating flaxseed muffins (lots of recipes online) and cream, or toasted muesli.
  • Quote: 1/3 a cup oatmeal with lotsa cinnamon, apple, flaxseed, dash of tumeric, and sunflower or pumpkin seeds.

OR

Cereal (rice krispies currently)

OR

Bacon and eggs - but this is a once a month or less kinda thing.

Are oatmeal and cereal ok on a low carb diet? I am trying to learn more about different diets in order to make an educated decision about which one to follow and now I'm very confused!
  • Quote: Are oatmeal and cereal ok on a low carb diet? I am trying to learn more about different diets in order to make an educated decision about which one to follow and now I'm very confused!
    Definitely no, unless you are way up into maintaining!

In the realm of carbs, oatmeal is lower carb (or at least slower blood sugar boosting) than Rice Krispies though.

I think there are a few posters in this responding in a general breakfast sense, not a low carb one!
  • I sometimes have a boiled egg and 6 frozen meatballs nuked in the microwave or I will fix tuna muffins or breakfast cupcakes and make enough for the week and have one a day...the tuna muffins have egg, tuna, onions and seasoning and baked in the oven...the breakfast cupcakes have egg, sausage, onion, mushroom, green pepper and shredded cheese and baked in the oven.
  • Cheese Quesadilla using low carb tortilla. I add chicken, salsa and veggies.
    Smoked salmon roll ups: A spear of cucumber, rolled in non fat cream cheese rolled in smoked salmon.
    Celery sticks w/peanut butter