Old 09-01-2001, 12:31 PM   #1  

Default I threw it all out!

Actually, I made my husband do it. He threw out all of the cream cheese, heavy cream, cocoa, & coconut milk. I said, "You know Christy, you are not gonna get to your goal any faster by eating these "legal" treats, but you will get to goal faster by NOT eating them." I have had enough. I am sick of DREAMING of getting back to my thin self, so now I am just going to do it.... full force. I have been this big for so long now (3 years is LONG to me), that I sometimes think I am only kidding myself about getting to goal. But I am going to do it, man! Is anybody with me? Throw all that stuff out, have your husband hide your scale (hehe), do this thing FULL FORCE for 2 to 4 weeks, and be amazed when you step on that scale 2 or 4 weeks from now. Are you with me?
Old 09-01-2001, 04:34 PM   #2  
Slimwithin

Good for you, Christy! I bet that was hard to do.
As you may or may not know, I no longer follow a low carb plan but am on a lower carb Weight Watchers. I'm convinced that the reason I never lost any weight on Atkins, CALP, Protein Power or any other of the low carb plans was because I allowed myself too much whipped cream, cream cheese and regular cheddar cheese AND nuts. For some people, they don't cause a problem but for me, high fat dairy products are a big time preventer of weight loss. I think that if you keep your eating plan fairly simple and lower fat, while still eating plenty of lower fat proteins and lots of low carb veggies, you'll find that the weight comes off much more quickly. Save the higher fat treats for when you're on maintenance. Good luck.
Old 09-01-2001, 04:53 PM   #3  
Senior Chicky

Thumbs down WTG Christy!!

Be proud of yourself!

I ditto what Linda said. We can have those things but still in moderation. Over indulging is still giving us the calories. I think that learning how to adapt our favorite foods or meals to LC helps make this woe even more liveable, but we must always be aware of our weaknesses or signals that our body sends us.....Ummm, this is good AND LC, so I can have two instead of one! LOL How many times have we heard stories that Snackwells are low fat and some end up eating the whole package?

I definately hope you don't stop experimenting with various recipes (I know I am enjoying them!!!) but maybe do a balance. For example, if you're going to enjoy that wonderful breakfast danish (that I can't wait to try) for breakfast....forego the latte later in the day. Make sense? There is a way you can enjoy it all but finding the right balance for your body.

At the same time I have to also agree that the experimenting you are doing now will definately help you maintain your goal. You are learning how to implement your favorite food/drinks into a lifetime eating plan! (And I just love your recipes!!)

You go girl! Glad that DH seems supportive!

J

Oh, BTW!! I AM WITH YOU!!! Tuesday morning I am starting my carb cleansing with the Mayo plan! I will make a point of going to the gym to weigh ( really did throw my scale out!) and the Mayo plan is a strict two weaker.....I'll be there with you every step of the way!

Anyone else? Come on, what's two weeks?

Last edited by MamaJ; 09-01-2001 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-01-2001, 06:30 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

2 WEEKS?????? OMG

I do not know if i can do 2 weeks without my scale. I will do 2 weeks of reallly careful low carb. I will try for 1 week of no scle as my trainer wants to do my body fat on thursday and i need to weigh then so I will do 1 week , Oh how this is crushing me. I am a fanatic scale jumper. 3-4 times atleast twice a day if not more. i step till it matches exactally 3 times then that is my weight. Oh this is hard i am having sweaty palms already thinking about it!
Old 09-01-2001, 07:26 PM   #5  
Big Loser

I am with you guys!!! What is the mayo plan????? I have been doing CAD and doing well so far but I am concerned about the high fat stuff and the limited fruit..........
Old 09-01-2001, 08:49 PM   #6  

Default I AM WITH YOU

HELLO Ok, I am with you for the 2 week plan,,,starting Tuesday.... I have fallen off the wagon and ready to jump back on!!!! I have had too much going on in my life to even try tomaintain a balance in the eating plan but I resolve to try my best on tues. to get things back to normal ( or at least as normal as I can).....

I was going to do the induction of atkins but I saw the Mayo diet above and tho it is similar,, I may do that instead...I have a few days to think about it.......

I hear ya about being fed up.. so let's just do it !!!!!
Old 09-01-2001, 11:50 PM   #7  

You guys are hysterical!
I've been waiting to get on my scale (until TOM is over) because I KNOW I've lost. But after that I'll stay off until Sept. 10th. That's when the big "30 day" challenge at the club starts and I have a couple women that are challenging me personally Maybe I'll try to stay off for those whole 30 days.....I don't know.....
Old 09-03-2001, 10:14 AM   #8  
Merry Christmas

Hello All:

New to this thread but just had to ask: Mayo Plan???? Please let me know where I can find it. Sounds like something I might want to try.

Can I join you gals on Tuesday for the 2 weeks start of the rest of our lives???
Old 09-03-2001, 11:02 AM   #9  

Carol,

read the Sunday & Monday menu's

MamaJ posted a description of the Mayo clinic diet- very structured low carb, with a twist!

Join us!
Old 09-03-2001, 01:23 PM   #10  
Senior Chicky

Talking Hey Carol!

WELCOME !!! Of course you can join us! We're all about sharing of knowledge and support!

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Janice
Old 09-04-2001, 03:11 AM   #11  

Hello everyone! Come one, come all!

I hate to inform everyone that I have failed my OWN challenge! I made my husband get the scale out of hiding, and weighed myself. I HAD to know if I was going down in weight. Well, I DID. Hello 183! I expect Ms.182 to be knocking at my door very soon!

Sorry everyone. But I had to know if my Anniversary dinner did me in last night. I passed on the bread, rice, soup, and double baked potatoe, AND dessert. The waitress was a bit confused. But I had wonderful Avocado and shrimp appetizer, shrimp broiled in butter, and a filet mignon. For dessert, I had a cup of coffee with cream. It was hard, but well worth the loss on the scale! We ate at a place called "Sam's by the Sea". It is right on the ocean, and it is jsut a delicious restaurant! It is rated #1 here. YUM!!

Glad to see everyone joining in. Sorry I failed you!
Old 09-04-2001, 06:55 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Sillykins!

Sure doesn't look like a failure to me! My metal monster is in use again too.
Hey - you can change the weights in your signature!
Old 09-04-2001, 09:38 AM   #13  
Senior Chicky

Default Christy~~

That is NOT a failure...just a little peck at the scale, uh, peak at the scale! YOU ARE NOT OUT OF THIS TWO WEEK CHALLENGE!!

Did I say that loud enough?

J

I HAVE to weigh today or tomorrow cause of the two week Mayo plan and I'M NOT LEAVING !!
Old 09-04-2001, 09:12 PM   #14  
Merry Christmas

Hey great job of sticking with it on your night out. We can all doing this. I am sticking with it. Had a great OP day today. One day down, 13 to go on the 2 week challenge!!!

Doing it one day at a time.
Old 09-04-2001, 10:16 PM   #15  

Default DAY 1

Made it through day 1,, thanks to my lovely 11 yr old who ate my mac and cheese dinner that I shouldnt have even been looking at anyway.....you know how that goes, get home late, hungry, and ya think,,,"well, I will start tomorrow instead" well , she ate it all, so I stuck to my woe, and survived the first day....

ONWARD TO DAY 2......