Old 08-28-2001, 06:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Daily, Tuesday, August 28

Navy and pink sunrise this morning - very strange and spooky!

Started Fall garden cleanup yesterday! Very early and depressing but when plants are dead and dried out, it's time. Despite lack of rain, we have a major squash and tomato harvest!
Lots of spaghetti squash too which is pretty low carb. I cannot believe the number of tomatoes I picked again! More sauce, salsa and chili sauce to be made today.

But first - another coffee and a bit of a read. So strange without Hershey lying on my feet! She still is not ready to do "it" according to the Vet in Philly. This is so silly! I should call her and have a motherly talk!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 08-28-2001, 06:48 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Default Mornin'

Ruth I'm sure you miss your girl. How long will they wait before they send her home?

Jennifer, welcome back!!!! Carbs are a powerful thing aren't they? Glad your back with us.

chickadee, of all the luck! At least she took it in good humor.

peachie waiting..........waiting Just kidding, you post in your own time, and only what you want.

Casey on behalf of the chick's let me thank you for supporting peachie and Jiff. So glad you were close enough to get there.

Pooky2 welcome to you, we have two Pooky's! The more the merrier.

Janice what has your son decided about football? Is hubby out of the dog house yet

I didn't make it to the library yesterday to check out other low carb plans, maybe today. I need to put in a Super Wal-Mart run. That store is so flipping big, by the time you get from one end to the other you have walked a mile!

Phyliss are you out there????

Have a good day all
Debbie
Old 08-28-2001, 06:51 AM   #3  
Big Loser

Default Good Morning!

Good morning to all! Just finished working out on my little home gym thingy..works pretty good. Must let the dogs out and get ready for work, DS told me prior to bed last night that he would like waffles for breakfast this morning.....glad I don't like waffles. Today is Day 2 of lo-carbs, I am taking it one day at a time.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 08-28-2001, 07:20 AM   #4  

Good Morning you early risers!

I am grabbing my last few minutes of peace and quiet before my wee one's shows are over for the day and she wants to go out and play. Don't know if that's going to happen becasue we had one heck of a thunder storm last night. I wonder how my pumpkin looks?

Scooby2, I know how you feel--hard to stay OP when everyone else in the family is eating exactly what they want. It's a real struggle sometimes when everyone is having a big plate of spaghetti and I am just munching on the meatballs!

Hey Deb, maybe you can count Walmart as your exercise for the day?

Ruth, I bet that Hershey is just playing hard to get. You know, you don't want to seem TOO eager sometimes!

Peach, can't wait to read what happened, hope everything went your way!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 08-28-2001, 07:57 AM   #5  

Hello Princesses!!!

I have been one of your lurkers for a while. It's wonderful how you are all so strong, supportive and caring for one another. I didn't really want to intrude, but I was keeping track of you all.

Some of you may know me...I'm the long winded one in the "low carbers support forum" thread. I'm always apologising for having long posts. I wonder if they are just being kind about not fussing at me.

To save time, I won't put my story here, but anyone interested can read my story at: http://www.angelfire.com/al4/paula/story.html

I shared this excerpt from My Journey (as opposed to my journal) with my friends from the other thread:

I have really thought about this program that I am on and about reaching my goals. I cheated in the first week of the program, and was really disgusted with myself. I started out my program by sabotaging it!!! Since the second week, I have been faithful to myself, and haven’t repeated my mistake (I have been OP for 8 weeks). My thinking today is that overeating and using food for rewards while on my program just doesn’t make sense. Doing without the things that I enjoy while I am on this program is not a matter of depriving myself. It makes perfect sense. Those things that I am doing without are always going to be there, but right now, they don’t fit in with my program. They will cause me to either gain weight, or not to lose. They might make me feel good momentarily, but really make me feel unwell in the long run. I will be disappointed with myself for not keeping to my strong commitment of losing this heavy burden that is extra weight. How can I justify eating something that isn’t on the program? Why reward yourself with something that will sabotage your weight loss when the actual reward is the loss itself. How ridiculous can one be?

I too am looking forward to hearing from Peach and have kept her, Jiff and her family in my prayers (as I have done for all of you).

Be strong everyone...we can ALL accomplish our goals.

Lee

Quote:
Remember...you are the daughter of the Heavenly King...that makes you a Princess!!! Feel like one...look like one...carry yourself like one!!!
Old 08-28-2001, 11:48 AM   #6  

Angry Hair Today, Gone tomorrow - Part 2

Good morning everyone,
Thanks for welcoming me back (again!). As The Great Spotted One Said to me, you are all good people (or peeps, as my teenage wannabe daughter would say).

And now for Part Two in the continuing saga of hair in this small Colorado town...
We last met our heroine as she was recovering from the shock of seeing her very own hairdresser appear next to her at the salon while she was being unfaithful to said stylist. The young (I can pretend) woman recovered her wits, made a graceful exit and went home to what she hoped would be a relaxing, compliment filled evening with her dear family. (Foreboding music starts playing at this point in the story) The beautifully coiffed heroine walks into her home, greets her loving family and notices the handsome, shy 16-year old son is not greeting her. So, she saunters into the living room to find (intense music here) horror of horrors - the formerly light brown haired young man loafing on the couch sporting a new do. Yes, the ultimate teenage look - totally bleached with bright, cherry red spikes on top. The heroine recovers as nicely as one can in this situation and responds with "How interesting! Is it permanent?" To which the answer is, of course, "Yeah, isn't it great!"
Sigh...at least it's not a tatoo or a piercing in a very personal place.
And so we come to the end of another edition of "As The Hair Curls". I really hope this is the last installment, don't you?

Your long-winded, tired of hair
Chickadee
Old 08-28-2001, 12:02 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Bes's Post Moved from yesterday

There must be a better way to do this!!!!!

bes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Morning ...
Hi, folks

I am even MORE behind in my projects at home than I was yesterday, and the kids come home on Thursday! I have to get their rooms done, otherwise once school and activities start … well forget it. It will never get done. ds’s room needs desk put together, curtains and shelf put up, my Dad’s cast-off computer set up. dd’s room needs painting finished, bunkbed and shelves put together, and dresser painted. (pant, pant, pant) wish me luck! I have a full time job, too!

Anyway, Peach I’m anxious to hear more about what happened between you and the hospital staff yesterday, too, although I gather it went well. You must be relieved!

Debbie, regarding other low carb plans: I love the zone. It’s a little hard to figure out at first, but there’s a lot of good info on the web. As near as I can figure, Sears is a smart guy with bad professional advisors. (for instance, one of his books was rushed to print with many typos and contradictions. A book on tape he produced should NOT have been read by him! I just wanted to laugh!) By the same token, other people are a lot better at explaining his way of eating than he is, IMHO. You don’t need to buy the book – just go on line and look around.

Ruth, you can send some of those tomatoes my way – I was too busy to grow anything but weeds this year. (and they don’t make good salsa!)

Pooky, hope you had a relaxing day yesterday. Isn’t nice to take some time to do nothing *guilt-free?*

Hi, Jennifer – I’m probably new since the last time you were here. I know exactly what you mean by control – but a few times, I’ve actually managed to let stress and problems make me more resolved. i.e.: I tell myself “you’re going to need all your energy to cope, so make sure you eat well, sleep well, etc.” I know – other times self indulgence takes over. You can do it, though. Chin up!

Pooky2, the food that talks to me is Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey Ice Cream. If it were in the freezer right now, I would hear it calling. There are some foods, however, that I’ve learned not to eat by reminding myself of how I feel after I eat ‘em. Donuts fall into this category. I have no desire for them anymore. Our goal should be to learn that about more and more foods; We *don’t* eat them – not we *can’t* eat them. It’s not about self-denial, it’s about being healthy and feeling good.

Scooby2, I’ve seen the Somers book, and it indeed looked low carb to me; or rather “balanced” -- kind of like the zone. Losing weight or not, I feel great when I’m following the zone, and notice the difference when I don’t. Let us know what Somers is like. Casey, I’d be interested in hearing more about the carb addicts diet, too.

Stacey – way to go! Glad you got into curves; wish I could go, but so far, full time work and single parenting keeps me exercising in front of the tube. Wonder if my local Curves has a place for kids, too? I’ll have to check it out.

Chickadee – last year, after my stylist of five years went through a grueling growing-out period with me, I let a *stranger* in New York City cut my below-shoulder-length hair to a short “boy cut.” (My sister had talked into it during a weekend visit to the folks.) All I got from the regular gal was “well … it looks good, but it would have been fun to do.” She understood and she still cuts my hair.

Linda and Sue, not really sure what you’re referring to with regard to “division” – are you talking about the difference between the “Daily” and the “Support” threads? I understood this was the “non-way of eating/exercise” thread and that one was the “way of eating/support” thread. No? I’m starting to notice some overlap, (even in my own post here!) but usually I try to check out both and I think most of us do. Sometimes it’s hard to post to both, especially if you want to greet everyone!

That said, I’ll end this dissertation! Have a great day everyone
-- Barb

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 08-28-2001 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-28-2001, 12:15 PM   #8  
Senior Chicky

Angry Good morning!

Thanks to some rain yesterday we're having a much cooler morning in Houston! DH is having a fit but I've got the doors open! I get tired of that a/c air!

Ruth~~I'm still chuckling over Hershey's lack of cooperation! Maybe try some mood music? Don't they have doggy aphrodisiacs? (sp?)

Paula~So nice to see you here! I understand about the time element for posting....and I very often don't reply to everyone for lack of time! Sometimes just pop in and say hello! There's just so much enthusiasm and knowledge on the support thread and I'd love to get to know all of you, too!

DebK~DS and f-ball. Seems that his coaches by varying rank was pulling at him from all angles. Four coaches wanting him to play four different positions with the head coach pulling rank and placing him back as center. DS was frustrated. I guess Moms talk about "quitting" as in you don't just walk away from a problem, etc.. (you moms know the lesson) must've been absorbed. He informed me last night that he did talk with the coaches and he will play the center position altho he's still not happy about it. Did you know that these high school players sign sports contracts? One of the problems Michael had was that the head coach threatened that he would be banned from high school sports if he didn't play where he was told! Oooh, wrong strategy to try to use on my Michael!

Chickadee~~ROFL!! Red spikes? Michael came home with blonde ones last week! Thank goodness he wears it short and it's quick to grow out! We're already gone thru the ear pierce business! I keep telling myself, holes close up, hair grows out....we'll live thru this!

Pooky~~Every time you talk about your pumpkins I think of Charlie Browns pumpkin patch! Have a good one!

Bes~~Only two more days to get those rooms done! Hope you've got some recruits coming over to lend a hand!

Scoooby~I'm with you on the waffles and pancakes. They make me nauseous so easy to resist! Too sweet! Good for you getting that work out in early in the day!

Casey~It is so great that you were able to be there with Jif and Peach! I think your presence was a definate plus that all their 3fc friends were with them in one form of another! I'm keeping that LCarb Bed and Breakfast invite!

I have some errands to run today and dread it. Just alot of head pressure with this rain. My friend Susie and I are doing the Mayo Clinic diet on Monday. Ruth, didn't you try that a while back? I'm only going to do it for the first two week period to try to flush these carbs out of my system. I've been abusing my RM. The plan from there is to go back on very limited carbs for the following two weeks. We'll see. I've just definately gotten too sloppy with the amount of carbs in my reward meal!

Well, I've rambled on....anyone I've missed

J
Old 08-28-2001, 04:40 PM   #9  
It's MY Life

Hi Guys, Only time to post a quick one, with 30 kids there is NO down time!!! Things are so busy that exercise and computer time have gone out the window--I also don't have time to eat much either-maybe that will pay off for me when I finally get enough nerve up to weigh myself again. Football season is in full swing--DS was in just a couple of plays in the varsity game Friday against the team ranked 4th in the state. We lost 45-0. Then last night he played starting quarterback and starting defensive safety--in other words he never left the field. Their team had all sophmores and one freshman, our team had all freshmen and one sophmore. We lost 21-0, but they didn't look too bad considering. My class is a bunch of really nice kids, but there are just LOTS of them!!!
I will try to keep my nose to the weight loss grindstone girls, but I am going to need help I'm afraid. Tonight "Open House" at my son's school, I had to bake 3 dozen chocolate chip/walnut cookies last night after school before I went to my son's game--thank God I didn't have time to eat any of them!!!!
I need to go back a couple of days and catch up on posts!!!!

Ruth, maybe her partner needs to try a little romancing.

debkay, do you have a specific plan in mind?

Welcome Lee, glad you're here.

Oh Chickadee!!! What a bad hair day!!!

Barb, can I join you in the "behind in every project" place? I feel like I am meeting myself coming and going! I got up this morning at 2:30 because I kept thinking of what I needed to get done so I finally just got up and did it!!!!

Mama J, sounds like Michael has had some rough times with the football!!! Too bad those coaches can't get their acts together!! Like he needs any added pressure on top of just the plain fact of playing highschool football!!!

Take care everyone
Old 08-28-2001, 05:14 PM   #10  
Slimwithin

Hello all. It's "Late again Linda", again.
I spent the cool, cloudy morning out in my garden pulling weeds, cutting back spent plants, pruning shrubs. Whew! Totally pooped out now.
Not much new to report. Getting closer and closer to my trip to Scotland and I'd sure like to get another 10 lb off by then. I'll take what I can get though. Leaving here on Sept 20.

I don't know how anybody is supposed to keep up with TWO daily threads that are basically the same premise. Isn't there some way of combining them into one?
Do the people who post in Low Carb Support think that nobody who posts here is serious about low carb? I'm very confused.
Old 08-28-2001, 05:33 PM   #11  

How do you all get on here soooo very early??
By the time I get a chance to even sit down the day is done!
Maybe if I get up at 5:00 I can keep up with you all!
I made it to Curves again. Even went to lunch with one of the ladies I met there yesterday. We both had our little boys with us. Was nice to actually do that. First time since I moved!!
I hate to admit, I had a bowl of low-fat Rocky Road last night....why?? Because it was there and called me and called me and called me, you get the picture??
Today I did better.....I had just the meat part of my burger and water, NO FRIES at McDonalds!!!
I'll try to post earlier Wednesday!!
McMom
Old 08-28-2001, 06:20 PM   #12  

Mc Mom, Nice to see you on the daily and just to let you know, it doesn't matter when you post, just that you do! Linda usually is in in here sometimes at 11:30 at night and we still love her!

Glad that you found a friend to do Curves with--we have a curves here too and I was considering joing myself to get the "physical" support, whereas here I find my cyber support. Glad you're still with us!
Old 08-28-2001, 06:44 PM   #13  
JHP

S/C/G: 351.5/201/136

Height: 5'2"

Hi,

Low Carb support vs. Daily: No one is under the impression that the posters to the Daily are not serious about l/c, it's just that the L/C support is to primarily discuss the l/c woe, while the daily tends to run to more chit chat type things. Both definitely have their place & I love both.

Annie - WTG resisting those cokies. Your kitchen must have smelled wonderful!

Ruth - Did you teach Hershey to play hard to get??

Lee - Your story really humbled me. You have been through so much and have such a good attitude, while I'm grousing about how unfair it is that I can't eat chocolate & still lose weight. I admire your strength, courage and faith. You're an inspiration to me.

Welcome to all the newcomers & hi to everybody.

Will post more when I have more time.

Jennifer
Old 08-28-2001, 07:16 PM   #14  

I've been away for a week, WOW is it busy here!

Just time to say hi, I'm not fully caught up with posts yet.

BUT!PEACH! Take it easy! Are you OK?

And welcome to new people and returning people and Support Threaders, its great to have people posting all over the place!

dottie
Old 08-28-2001, 08:55 PM   #15  

I have to say it is just so nice to have our own Chickadee home to roost!

Kel

(Bry, our 12 year old, has the blonde on top-brown on bottom hairstyle. I've been cutting/bleaching it myself for a couple of years now! If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!)