Old 09-15-2004, 07:55 AM   #16  

Me again,

Never mind, I found the recipe for the cheesecake cupcakes.

ANNE, I also found some recipes for cream cheese pizza crusts in the website I posted a couple weeks or so ago. A couple of them use ground pork rinds along with the cream cheese.
http://slgkali.homestead.com/RecipeIndex.html Click onto PIZZA.

Aleka

Last edited by aleka; 09-15-2004 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:23 AM   #17  

Good morning,
Anne, that may be a good idea. You are totally stressed out and if they think your job can be done with just one person, then you will be stressed until you retire, unless you let them know that it's not really possible to do you job alone. I learned, if they put the pressure on you and expect you to meet a certain level and you do it, despite the fact that it's nearly impossible for a human being to continue to do it for any period of time, they will just keep expecting you to maintain that level.
I'm sure glad to hear that your still sticking to your diet and exercise plan.

Aleka, I didn't make the pork chops last night. DH was too tired to wait for supper and ate leftovers. I was too tired later to cook just for myself, so I had hotdogs. I'll make the pork chops tonight, but will probably just coat them with seasoning and fry them up.

Yesterday, I had shredded wheat with skim milk for breakfast after having a peach 20 min before that. For lunch we went to a restaurant and I had a perfectly legal fajita salad with salsa for dressing. But, I automatically ordered iced tea and drank most of it before I realized I wasn't going to drink caffiene anymore, oops! The chicken was burnt and there were way too many onions, so I didn't eat much. After I got home, I tipped the refrigerator forward, opened my mouth and ate everything in there the rest of the day. It was all SS stuff-salad with dressing, the rest of the broccoli salad, cheese, jello with whipping cream (I know, the jello isn't exactly SS because of the artificial sweetner). I still don't feel bad, I know my cells have to get the sugar out of them and heal up. I think I'll skip high carb meals until I'm more on my way though. The shredded wheat didn't fill me up at all.

I am still having major computer problems. As far as I know, there is no one locally that I can take it to and I can't seem to log into microsoft. I'm still working on it, found out that my firewall wasn't on anymore. I am now going through the whole thing with McAfee and checking it all out. I reset my settings and that helped some with logging on to websites. I wish they would make this easier. I don't know if it's just Gateway, but it sure seems hard and I feel like I'm finding out all kinds of new stuff all the time. Why can't you just turn the darned thing on and it works right?

HI Lynn!

Later, Nikki
Old 09-15-2004, 10:02 AM   #18  

I'm going to try this again. I tried to post, but it won't work.
Anne, my Gazelle has squeeked too. We use WD40 on it and sometimes, the bolts need a good retightening, as they seem to work out alittle.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:31 AM   #19  

Goodmorning All: I have lost 3 posts this morning so this better work or I give up. Spent yesterday shopping, had lunch out and went to friends for dinner. Sometimes the 24/7 gets to me and I have to take off for a while. Anne, you might have to file a greivance to get the attention of the people above. I can't imagine working in that stress. That Pizza recipe sounds good. I'm going to have that for dinner with a salad. Thanks Aleka. I am going to have a chicken breast the way you did it Nikki for lunch. For breakfast I had scrambled eggs with bacon, lunch chicken breast mock potatoes and marinated tomatoes. My snacks are the diet jello's or fruit. Today I am going to start cleaning out cupboards for the move to Wasaga. As the flylady does I will take 1 area at a time. I am having no computer problems except on this site, which annoys the heck out of me. I had never typed until I got my computer so am just getting speed going but not enough to try posting 3x before it goes though. I think it is my pop-up blocker but the pop-ups bug me too. Well must go, the dog is in the water and have to keep her from going to far out. Have I told you that she spends up to 5 hours a day in the lake coming out to do her business than back in. She sleeps well at night!!!!! Well thats it for now. Oh I forgot to tell you about a lunch I had I think on Monday. I made up salmon salad with lots of veggies used SS's green goddess dressing in it than put it on endive leaves and it was so good!!!!
Old 09-15-2004, 03:12 PM   #20  

Hi,
Lynn, when you write a post, before you click on submit, just copy it. If it doesn't work, you can then just paste it on the next one until it does get posted. I'm not sure why that is happening to you either. I'm up to my eyeballs in computer problems right now and I'm ready to throw the damn thing out the window.

Has anyone tried Seven Seas Green Goddess dressing? I had it on my salad for lunch and it's really good. It's completely SS'ed too.

Last night, a man came to the door, it was a politician. I told DH not to let him in the house and to get rid of him. The next thing I know, DH is coming back in telling me that this guy wants to put a sign in our yard for his election and DH told him it was ok. Then, the guy said that since we have so much traffic here, he would like to put up a 4x8 foot sign and DH told him ok. I wanted to flip out, but didn't. We don't even know anything about him, except that he's a democrat. And, the icing on the cake is his last name is SEXTRO. That's just what I want sitting out in my front yard

Later, Nikki
Old 09-15-2004, 11:57 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 188/167/130

Hi I'm new to the forum, Am trying to decide if low carbing is right for me. All I know is something has got to change. Lately I've been gaining instead of losing, and am always hungry to the point of a sick headache if I don't eat. I hear protein sticks with you longer. I understand how you feel Nikki I don't think I'd want a sign like that in my yard either.Cheese cake cupcakes sound yummy. I think I wil have to start collecting recipes. Judy
Old 09-16-2004, 05:47 AM   #22  

Cool

Good morning,

Judy, welcome aboard Glad that you decided to join us. Which low carb plan are you planning on doing? Protein does stay with you longer. After a while you almost forget to eat. I've been doing some reading on losing weight naturally, eating when you're hungry and stopping when you're satisfied. One book advises that you eat within 5-10 min. when you start feeling hungry. If it's possible, carry around something healthy to snack on so you won't get overly hungry and get a headache. One thing that really satisfies me is, I take either turkey or chicken lunch meat, spread some cream cheese on it, then roll it up. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

Nikki, I'm sitting here chuckling over the political sign sitting on your front lawn, especially the name I'll have to look for that Green Goddess salad dressing, I don't believe I've ever seen it. I've also been using Paul Newman's oil and vinegar salad dressing. It's really good. What type of shredded wheat did you have? We either use the biscuits or Shredded Wheat 'n' Bran. When I have the biscuits I have 2 then put a lot of milk in the bowl. The extra milk seems to make cereal stay with me longer. I had been eating Uncle Sam's cereal, and that really stayed with me, but it's got flaxseeds in it and they are a on SSizing. For some reason, probably left over from my WW days, I always measure my cereal as to the serving size on the box. One morning I had a protein breakfast. After a while I had awful hearburn, then started getting shaky. So, I know I have to have a carb breakfast.

ANNE, how are things going with you at work? I've been thinking about you.
Hopefully the higher ups will see a need for 2 people to work in the cash office.

lynn, did you finally get Mya out of the water? I made some chicken salad using the Green Goddess dressing and put it on romaine lettuce leaves. It really was good. I have some other creamy salad dressing mixes from SS, I think one of them is some sort of peppercorn dressing. I plan on making that next and make chicken salad with it. I've also made the chips out of cheese in the microwave. They turned out good.

We've got a lot of running around to do today. I've got a hair appt. in a couple of hrs., DH has one later, then later this afternoon we have to take Lacee to the Vet for a health certificate for traveling next week.

Have a great day everyone.
Aleka
Old 09-16-2004, 10:21 AM   #23  

Good morning,

HiJudy, welcome to the thread. We are all Somersizing right now, but we've done different plans at different times. Not always low carb ones, but I think we've done most of the major low carb diets.
What I found on this long weight loss journey of mine is that when I'm hungry, I want to eat. If I have to keep denying myself (like with low calorie or low fat) I will not be able to do it for any length of time. I like low carb, because I feel satisfied most of the time and if I'm hungry, I just eat some protein or a vegetable with some fat. With Somersizing, you eat until your satisfied (not stuffed) and if your hungry later, eat again. Eventually, the sugar overload gets balanced in your system and then you fall into a steady pattern of eating like a normal person-3 meals a day with a snack or two during the day. Somersizing is not exactly like the other low carb plans, since you can eat carbs right from the start if you want to, like whole grains and fruits. If you want to learn more about it, we would be happy to discuss it with you or we can give you websites to look for recipes. www.somersize.com is one, look under the discussion and then scroll through the forums, there is lots of information and recipes there. Aleka, didn't you write an essay about it for 3FC's awhile back? I don't know where it is, but I'm sure Aleka can give you a reference to it.

The sign is not in the yard yet, just can't wait

My diet has been going great. I made cusinvin's coffee cake last night. If you haven't made it, it's pretty good, the recipe is on the SS site.
Here's my menu from yesterday
B-2 eggs, 3 strips bacon, decaf with cream
L-2 hot dogs, salad with tomato and dressing
S-pork chop, faux tatoes (cauliflower with sour cream and cream cheese), tomato slices, spinach
Snacks-2 slices coffee cake, 2 pieces string cheese, salad with dressing

Goodness, I am running late, have a good day, Nikki
Old 09-16-2004, 10:28 AM   #24  

Judy, if you go to the somersize website, click on community, then on the next page, click on discussion (on the right side). On the following page, scroll down to where you see forums about Somersizing. The others are about her jewelry, equipment and such.
Nikki
Old 09-16-2004, 11:49 AM   #25  

Judy,
One more thing, I just wanted to let you know that just because we are Somersizing, doesn't mean you have to be. We don't care what kind of plan your following, low carb, low cal, whatever. Your welcome to join us, ok? Sometimes, I don't always say what I am thinking right on the computer. Just wanted to clarify that-Nikki
Old 09-16-2004, 12:04 PM   #26  

Hi again,

Nikki, that's right I did write an essay on Somersizing. I had completely forgotten about it. Thank you for remembering!

Judy, if you are interested in Somersizing and would like to read about it, on 3FC home page, click on DIETS. When that page comes up, to your right you will see a list of diets. Scroll down until you see Somersizing, then click on that. If you have any questions we all can help you, and if there is something we don't know, Suzanne's website has a lot of information and tips. If you do go into her website, click on FAQ's and you can get just about any question answered. If you are interested in Somersizing, we can recommend which book(s) to get.

I had my hair appt. earlier this morning. I've been going to her for about 5 yrs. or so. She said that she wasn't going to hug me and say good-bye because she's awful at saying good-byes. I was relieved. But, she did hug me, then she started crying...which in turn started me crying. I never dreamed saying all my good-byes was going to be this difficult. At least I don't have to say bye to you guys, just for a little while anyway, until we get our 'puter back up and running again. Sorry for the rambling, but I'm kind of sad at the moment, and DH doesn't understand.

Aleka
Old 09-16-2004, 02:44 PM   #27  

Hi everyone: I had forgotten that it was Aleka's essay that brought me to this site, and as they say the rest is history. Aleka , when we moved out of the GTA (Toronto)I couldn't believe how sad I was. It's not just saying goodbye to friends and family it's saying goodbye to a way of life and a bit of fear of the unknown. Before I forget, what are pork rinds? I notice that a lot of recipes use them for coating, breading etc. Were would I find them. Anne do we have them up here? Nikki how is the computer going. I just phoned my brother to get a date on me getting his lap-top and he is off to the east coast on business. I was hoping to do it next week when we are down for a few days at DD's. We had to go to town early to get some tests done. It were the fasting blood tests so of coarse missed breakfast. I couldn't believed how hungry I was when we got back at 11:30. For lunch I had a hamburger in a lettuce leaf and veggies. I am still hungry, it goes to show you can't miss a meal. I sure hope I don't screw up before dinner. Dinner will be pork tenderloin with faux potatoes. I havn't made up my mind about a veggie yet. Nikki what site did you get the coffee car recipe? Hi Judy hope you join us. Hi Anne, hope your week is bareable. Later
Old 09-16-2004, 04:40 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 188/167/130

Thankyou for the suggestions. I will look into Somersiziing I have to admit I haven't given that plan much thought. I purchased both Atkins and Protein Power and have been looking thru them.. I will do the same with the one you suggested. I know I'm getting concerned about my runaway appetite, so I'm thibking I'm on the right track with the Low carb. Boy I can sure sympathize with what it's like to have to say goodby to all your friends, I did that when we moved out here so long ago. Of course you will make new friends, but nothing can take the place of your old friends. Thank goodness for email. This morning I had bacon and eggs, for lunch am thinking of a chefs salad. I hope everyone has a great day, and thanks again for your suggestions. Judy
Old 09-16-2004, 05:44 PM   #29  

Afternoon,
Aleka, I like shredded wheat biscuits, I forgot to answer that before.
It is very hard saying good bye. The computer sure does help now, saves a fortune on long distance. It's going to be such a big change for you Aleka, the weather, the vegitation, every thing. It takes awhile before you adjust, but then, you settle down into a routine and life gets normal again. It will be ok I'm always surprised at how little DH and I really are able to communicate, it's like he really is from a different planet. Sometimes, we have complete conversations and find out that we are talking about different subjects all together.

Lynn, pork rinds are in the chip section of the grocery store. They are fried pork skin (ick, I know). But, they are often used for coating and you can even make cakes with them. I've used them, but honestly, I could always taste the pork. It's kind of like a bacon flavor. I don't know if you have them up there or not. I got the coffee cake recipe from the SS site, do a search for Cuznvin's Crazy Coffeecake. It's made with protein powder instead of flour and it's a pro/fat. I've tried lots of protein powder recipes, this one is pretty good.
My computer is still messed up and I have to fiddle with the darned thing every time I turn it on. Sometimes, it works better than others. I will have to keep working on it. We have a love/hate relationship.
Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 09-16-2004 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:30 AM   #30  

It's Friday!

I'm up early again. Last night I was so exausted I went to bed rather early. I've been waking up around 3:00 am, and can't get back to sleep, so I just lie there until 5:00 then get up. I know you all can relate to this.

Thank you all for your kind words. I guess men don't form the same kind of attatchments that women do.

Nikki, went into SS site and found the recipe for Cuzinvin's Coffee Cake. I'll be printing it out. I also found a recipe for Starlight's Cinnamon Buns, which are a level 1 carb. I will print this out also. Sorry that your computer is still messed up. Hope you can solve the problem.

Judy, it is hard saying good bye to old friends. I have had one friend for over 40 yrs. I'm sure she and her DH will be down for a visit. Did your protein breakfast stay with you throughout the morning?

lynn, I don't know if anybody else has noticed this, or if it's just me. But, pork rinds seem to have an unpleasant smell to them. I am overly sensitive to fragrances anyway, so it could be just me. I did use them when I SSized before. But, I just used them as a filler for meatloaf. If you go into Suzanne's website, there is a thread for legal brands in Canada. You may possibly find some info there. Are you having some gorgeous weather where you're staying? It was warm and humid here yesterday.

Anne, hope these last few days haven't been too stressful for you. It's Friday, and you won't have to think of work for the next couple days.

I'm off to meet a friend for lunch. This will definitely be our last NH outing. Her son lives in FL, about 1 town away from where I'm going to live. She flies down there about once a month, so she and I will still be getting together occasionally.

Take care and enjoy your day!
Aleka